Penny Dreadful

MartyrDumb_sl

shitlord
I guess Dorian Gray will end up fucking everyone on the cast or something. Billie Piper is probably going to be the bride too. Ethan is definitely a werewolf.

Cybsled

I kind of wonder if Dorian has some leet seduction power, since he seems to be able to hook someone in almost no time flat.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Yep, I think you're right.

Oh, and mental note: Drinking Absinthe makes you gay ... 20% of the time
Fixed because ....

I have drank absinthe 5 times and only once did I suck dick.

EDIT: I agree on the bride thing too, seems pretty obvious. If the story goes anything like the Bride of Frankstein movie that had Sting in it (the only one I have seen) she will reject the monster.

EDIT 2: Also, I really think Mr Chandler is a werewolf and we got our Van Helsing question answered with the hematologist.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Dorian kills everyone through sex so I am assuming he is going to try and kill Ethan who will wolf out and what the fuck slaughter him only to see him alive again days later.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Ethan is the American Werewolf in London.
Bro, I meant to write that earlier. When they where at the underground Dog Rat Kill Show and those 4 uppity Brits gave Ethan shit they said "you are in Britain now" and that totally triggered that for me.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not sure how much more I can handle of this show, I seem to fall asleep every time I try watching it. Ethan is the most interesting character and I really don't like the guy playing the monster for some reason

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The story really needs to pick up the pace. The last 2 episodes have been damn boring compared to the first 2.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I think a lot of people tuned into this show wanting Eva tits, and on that front it has failed miserably. We can't even get Eva cleavage. "let's cast Eva green in a showtime production then have her wear as much clothes as possible!"

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I just want more people being ripped out of buildings, vampire torture dens, and crazy demon seances like the first 2 episodes. Frankensteins monster bores me tremendously, as does the consuption whore.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
So even naked Eva Green wasn't enough to get this thread bumped? I think she is really nailing her performance but even with the backstory episode the whole thing seems meandering and lost. We are getting some great acting but the story needs to really start coming together because right now I'm like "this is neat, but why exactly am I watching?"

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
So even naked Eva Green wasn't enough to get this thread bumped? I think she is really nailing her performance but even with the backstory episode the whole thing seems meandering and lost. We are getting some great acting but the story needs to really start coming together because right now I'm like "this is neat, but why exactly am I watching?"
This whole crusade to rescue Mina is the problem; focusing the plot on a character we never got to know or care about is just bad writing. Her father is a dick, her friend is possessed, side characters are side characters and everyone is unhappy, frightened or perversely amused when called for.. the end. Hopefully Mina can die or get recovered and enable this show to find its stride before it gets canned.

felldoh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This whole crusade to rescue Mina is the problem; focusing the plot on a character we never got to know or care about is just bad writing. Her father is a dick, her friend is possessed, side characters are side characters and everyone is unhappy, frightened or perversely amused when called for.. the end. Hopefully Mina can die or get recovered and enable this show to find its stride before it gets canned.
Nah, the problem is that the show has barely touched Mina. It has the same problem Black Sails had, in that it thinks characters we know nothing about are strong enough to carry the show without any action to advance the main plot that would help define those characters. With that said, I really liked the last episode and thought it tied a lot together.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Nah, the problem is that the show has barely touched Mina. It has the same problem Black Sails had, in that it thinks characters we know nothing about are strong enough to carry the show without any action to advance the main plot that would help define those characters. With that said, I really liked the last episode and thought it tied a lot together.
Yes... as I said. It's a problem because Nina is a nonentity to the audience but the driving focus of the main characters.

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hopefully Mina can die or get recovered and enable this show to find its stride before it gets canned.
'Penny Dreadful' gets renewed for bigger season 2
Showtime is ordering a second season of Penny Dreadful. The Victorian-era horror thriller starring Josh Hartnett, Timothy Dalton and Eva Green has been picked up for another round. The premium network is committing to 10 more episodes from writer-producer John Logan, an increase on the first season?s 8-episode order.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Really enjoyed the back story on the last ep. Though wondering how the demonic possession may play into the story line here and if at all.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Yeah, it just seems to hop from episode to episode with no real direction in terms of storyline.

It's pretty far along now and I have no idea where the show is going from minute to minute and not in a good way.