Persona 5

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I saw you on playing that and wondered if you liked it. I am about 40 hours in and on the 3rd mini boss and got lost in the dungeon. I should pick it back up again. Game takes what about 90 hours to complete?

Around 90 - 100ish without much grinding. I did just about everything except getting all the late game personas and clocked in at around 100ish. Fantastic game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

some new persona 5 game coming 2019 with more info coming march 2019? Doesn't really say anything other than Persona 5R. I think people have speculated a switch port of P5 and possibly a persona racing game (da fuq)

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
some new persona 5 game coming 2019 with more info coming march 2019? Doesn't really say anything other than Persona 5R. I think people have speculated a switch port of P5 and possibly a persona racing game (da fuq)

That's Atlas for ya, just like the whole dancing games I always facepalm when I see them being released.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Just got around to playing this for the first time, 106 hours just finished it was spectacular.

Not a huge anime fan but I felt this game turning me into a weeabo.

I dated "Becky"

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Crimson

Peasant
Currently on my third playthrough of this; each clocking about 100+ hours. Decided to try the elusive "hardcore" mode, which has been way too easy so far (thanks to NG+ x2) and this time in Japanese. I plan to finish everything left to do this time around.

Hifumi remains the girl I seemingly can't say no to. But I'll try and stick with Haru this time.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Persona 5 The Royal (new female lead character not sure if a new full story or if it ties into the Phantom Thieves).

She talks about "Not liking, how the Phantom Thieves do their thing."(honestly sounds a lot like PANCAKE boy) more info on April 24th

Last edited:

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Japanese trailer is out. Here is the one with a fan made text. Not sure how accurate it is.

Basically the extended/gold edition? Features new content (new semester), added combat mechanics (not sure what), new playable character? and new confidants.

Japanese release on October 31st and western release in 2020. So probably around this time next year. Guessing this will be a new 100+ hour playthrough for me. Loved this game and will play it again if they pad a lot of new things inside the base game which this looks to do.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Seems like Single Character all out attacks are being added(Makoto going Ora Ora Ora is funny), maybe will get the Hifumi Togo arch like what they originally wanted with her..

spronk

FPS noob
so its Persona 5 with more stuff added? I enjoyed the game but no way am I replaying the entire game again just to see some new stuff. I assume its a full new install and restart and stuff, can't carry on with your existing save

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Is there a 100% guide or anything? Need to go hunting around. Really want to go through the story bc last time I only got through the first two areas then got distracted with something else.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
so its Persona 5 with more stuff added? I enjoyed the game but no way am I replaying the entire game again just to see some new stuff. I assume its a full new install and restart and stuff, can't carry on with your existing save

If it's anything like how they did P3:FES you'll be able too load your old save, and have all your persona's.(No clue if there gonna make a way too have it reload before the final days), but it seems that they are not only adding another semester, but there also redoing big chunks of older palaces..

Is there a 100% guide or anything? Need to go hunting around. Really want to go through the story bc last time I only got through the first two areas then got distracted with something else.

Are you just wanting too beat the game, or go for the Plat ? there are some great speedrun guides out there on the game itself. Haven't look at platinum guides sense I finished this awhile ago..

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
If it's anything like how they did P3:FES you'll be able too load your old save, and have all your persona's.(No clue if there gonna make a way too have it reload before the final days), but it seems that they are not only adding another semester, but there also redoing big chunks of older palaces..

Are you just wanting too beat the game, or go for the Plat ? there are some great speedrun guides out there on the game itself. Haven't look at platinum guides sense I finished this awhile ago..

Beat it, but like cover all the story points and what-not, not Plat it or Speedrun in. If that makes sense?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
P5 was extremely forgiving when it came to maxing out all social links in one playthrough compared to the previous two games. Mostly you just need to know what you can do on what each day of the week and what is the most efficient thing to do to raise each stat. Guides are most useful at the very beginning of the game, for knowing stuff like the weather in advance, and for planning when to go to Palaces/Mementos.

Last edited:

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Well I mean honestly, if just wanting the main story, you can't really miss anything(it's just gonna be boring without having "more" to do)

The confidants are more or less filler, between every palace sense everything is on a strict schedule... But I will say for Confidants max out Takayami ASAP("Special Massage" is just awesome.)

I am curios though, will Satan still save Xmas in The Royal ?

Last edited:

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
P5 was extremely forgiving when it came to maxing out all social links in one playthrough compared to the previous two games. Mostly you just need to know what you can do on what each day of the week and what is the most efficient thing to do to raise each stat. Guides are most useful at the very beginning of the game, for knowing stuff like the weather in advance, and for planning when to go to Palaces/Mementos.

I couldn't even max out one thing on my first play through (think I spent like half the game trying to get the gun shop from 4 to 5, or 9 to 10? Whichever was max) but couldn't. Bright side when it carried over it was the first thing to hit max early on. I'm sure following a guide helps out on that front as I wasted turns doing dumb shit like playing baseball.

Will be curious to play through it with new stuff in it!

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I just want PS5 to be released on Switch already. I love the game on my PS4, but I really prefer playing games on my Switch because I can take them with me.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I couldn't even max out one thing on my first play through (think I spent like half the game trying to get the gun shop from 4 to 5, or 9 to 10? Whichever was max) but couldn't. Bright side when it carried over it was the first thing to hit max early on. I'm sure following a guide helps out on that front as I wasted turns doing dumb shit like playing baseball.

Will be curious to play through it with new stuff in it!
Weird. I followed a guide for the first month after you get past the on-rails part, because that's pretty much all anyone had figured out back then. And I would assume this long after release someone has gotten it plaaned out to the point where you don't have to make any sacrifices mid-year (like who you choose for the spring break events, so you can see them all by reloading one savegame?). Even kind of winging it, I finished the game with nearly a month of doing nothing but hitting the gym or going on extra trips into Mementos while working on a perfect set of personas.

Granted, I did save scum a bit, especially any time there was RNG involved like with crafting, and I knew exactly what stuff to do for max gains. I also never spent more than the two days required to clear a palace, and only went to Mementos when I had a lot of stuff to clear out of the log. Still though, I did all that sort of stuff in P3/P4 and even so those games require an extreme amount of planning to get everything done in one playthrough.

I just want PS5 to be released on Switch already. I love the game on my PS4, but I really prefer playing games on my Switch because I can take them with me.
Doesn't seem like there's much if any chance of that happening now. P5 would be a good fit for the Switch, but unless P5R doesn't allow save importing from the base game on PS4 I don't think I could have ever started over from scratch. Had like 160 hours in just my first playthrough due to all the [unnecessary, I know, but I like that shit] min/maxing I did to get perfect personas.

The only thing I could give less fucks about than the Switch game they DID announce is if they'd ported over the P3/P5 dancing games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I miss turn based rpg games but dislike games with “time limitations” ala FF13-3 buuuut also can’t get into in any other game...

Wish me luck... holy gay music...

Edit: Gay good, not gay bad.

How closely should I heed the constant advice in the first 5 minutes to “take my time”?