Persona 5

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I love SMT and Persona, but this is the kind of shit that makes me want to cancel a preorder.

Here’s the schedule of each DLC set with info on their release date and pricing:

April 11

• Izanagi and Izanagi Picaro Set – $2.99
  • Orpheus and Orpheus Picaro Set – $2.99
  • Persona 3 Costume and BGM Special Set – $6.99
  • Persona 4 Costume and BGM Special Set – $6.99
  • Thanatos and Thanatos Picaro Set – $2.99

April 18
  • Kaguya and Kaguya Picaro Set – $2.99
  • Persona 2 Costume and BGM Special Set – $6.99
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Persona Costume and BGM Special Set – $6.99

April 25
  • Persona 4 Dancing All Night Costume and BGM Special Set – $6.99
  • Persona 5 Swimsuit Set – Free
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV Costume and BGM Special Set – $6.99

May 2
  • Catherine Costume and BGM Special Set – $6.99
  • Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha Costume and BGM Special Set – $6.99

Anyone who puts out $68 worth of cosmetic DLC deserves a big "fuck you." Not sure I get that release schedule either. I would think the people crazy and/or stupid enough to buy the stuff would also be the sort of fans who'll be finished with the game even before the 11th. It's all costumes and personas, not like actual story DLC that might be worth loading the game up again.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I think Japanese devs are still trying to get a handle on how to do DLC. Still hyped for this game even with the 2017 great video game flood upon us.

norp

Bronze Squire
Less then 2 weeks on this, pretty fucking hyped. Managed to avoid pretty much all the spoilers, and I can't wait to go back to Japanese high school for year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I don't really get the hype, why should I be excited for this game? I love Rpg's but have have never tried this series.

What sets it apart besides non high fantasy setting?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I don't really get the hype, why should I be excited for this game? I love Rpg's but have have never tried this series.

It is a highschool simulator, unique universe, and all around great RPG elements.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider

Was never interested in this series until I picked up Persona 4 Golden on the Vita. And wow was I surprised. It may sound strange but the game just works well as a cross between Japanese high school simulator and JRPG. Production values are top notch and a lot of effort is put into these games by the developers; its the exact opposite of ME:A. The only person who I wouldn't recommend it to is people that hate anime and JRPGS, since persona games are basically "make anime real" the video game.

norp

Bronze Squire
^

Interestingly enough though it's pretty hard to market this game to a western audience. It's a very unique series. Also while there are some anime elements, it's not too overbearing. I'm kind of a light anime fan, and still completely love Persona games.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The music from P4G is what got me hooked on this series. One of the best game soundtracks ever, imho. I'm a weeb too so all the little Japanese things in the game make for an amazing experience for me.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
The Persona series has always been a bit.. strange.. for me. Same as the Disgaea series..

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

norp

Bronze Squire
From what I've seen it's basically just going to have slightly longer load times, and probably look slightly worse but the game was originally developed on the PS3 so it should be just fine.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Anyone who puts out $68 worth of cosmetic DLC deserves a big "fuck you." Not sure I get that release schedule either. I would think the people crazy and/or stupid enough to buy the stuff would also be the sort of fans who'll be finished with the game even before the 11th. It's all costumes and personas, not like actual story DLC that might be worth loading the game up again.

This DLC doesn't bother me, to be honest. It doesn't affect the game and is purely cosmetic. If someone wants to shell out $68 for all the cosmetics, more power to em. As everyone already knows, my RL business is in Second Life, and I have customers that spend over $1,000 USD a month on virtual crap. $68 for DLC is not out of line - it purposefully exists to exploit the people who fit two conditions: a.) have lots of money and b.) want to have it all.

It's the fucking games on mobile that are designed to never allow you to be a decent player unless you spend thousands of dollars that's the problem (Puzzle and Dragons, for example). Thankfully, we're not at that point yet on AAA titles and I hope we never will be.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Pre-ordered the PS3 version. Decided since there is nothing else on the PS4 I want it would be stupid to buy one just for this game.

spronk

FPS noob
for people who ordered the CE from amazon, then got emails it got cancelled, amazon has shipped it out and waived charges so they get it for free. sombitches

and yeah it seems to be scoring really high so far so thats cool. i never got into persona 4 G on vita but gonna try this out

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Mine will be here tomorrow, pretty pumped about this as I like P4 Golden quite a bit and this looks better in every single way.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Between this and Horizon it's been such a great few months of gaming. The tutorial portion drags a little, but otherwise this is so good so far. Great looking game with excellent production values.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I had forgotten that the last one of these was on the PS2 and how long it has been since we had a new one. Glad to hear this one is living up to expectations as I think four was the last turn based JRPG I actually enjoyed and may have been the last one I bought. Kind of jealous you got yours early but it will let me finish up the last couple joke endings in Nier and the Dark Souls 3 dlc at least.

norp

Bronze Squire
Amazon delivered it a day early. Pretty fucking excited to check this out today. Also it's the PS3 version so I'll see if it seems slow/etc.