Persona 5

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
including japanese audio track
I like when they do this. No need to be wasting my HD space on something I would never consider using. Having to use the JP voices when I played TMS#FE was easily the worst part of an otherwise excellent game.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Persona 4G on Vita made the system buy worth it. It's rare I get that attached to the characters, but with Persona, after carefully managing the high school simulator part I really enjoyed the rest of it that much more. It's hard to explain. I also fucked up a bunch and managed to find some quick, bad ending scenes lol...

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'll look into playing this this year. Haven't played any of the Persona games of a JRPG in a very long time.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Picking up my preorder tomorrow but it'll sit tabled for a while since I just managed to start Nier. I picked up Persona 4 with the art book when it first came out, not sure why I never finished it or any of the variants that came out. Going to commit to this one though.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Just got through the second dungeon. Fuck it, I love this game. It's weird, there are some minor annoyances but this is just a great JRPG. I'm about 30 hours in, and feel like I've just scratched the surface.

Just a heads up, the second boss is a definite step up in difficulty from some of the other fights.... Had it on Hard, but don't think my team was leveled appropriately so dropped it down to normal to kill him. Also, fuck that stupid cat constantly making me go to sleep=/

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I've hated most of the weebo JRPG stuff that comes out of Japan, but I played P4G and really liked it, not just for the combat but also for the characters and to a lesser extent the story. Going to try to see if I can get remote play to the vita working for P5.

The only similar game I have played since p4g was Tokyo mirage, and everything besides the combat system was atrociously bad. I'm sure Sean loved that shit tho

norp

Bronze Squire
Runs fine on PS3 so far. I'm sure PS4 is slightly better, but not disappointed. Also game is fantastic so far, really stylish.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I've hated most of the weebo JRPG stuff that comes out of Japan, but I played P4G and really liked it, not just for the combat but also for the characters and to a lesser extent the story. Going to try to see if I can get remote play to the vita working for P5.

The only similar game I have played since p4g was Tokyo mirage, and everything besides the combat system was atrociously bad. I'm sure Sean loved that shit tho

Yeah I played P4G on my Vita, and it seemed like a mix of the Twilight Zone and some weird crime drama. I never finished it, partly because I didn't know what to do next, but P5 on a PS4 may be the better way to play for me rather than a portable.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The fusion system is what always gets me to set the games down for a while. Figuring out which personas I need, how to make them, and also having to deal with RNGesus (inheritance) gets tedious after a while if you don't just follow a guide.

Not sure what fusion is like in P5, but I've been hoping that they streamlined it a lot.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
After hearing this game is like 100 hours for an average playthrough I may just follow a guide so I can actually beat the game in a reasonable timeframe.

norp

Bronze Squire
So far Persona 5 is the most approachable if you're new to the series, or only vaguely familiar. So far it's been very clear on objectives, and even has a story summary thing in the menu. It also explains things a bit more clearly about what's actually happening with all the alternate world/etc things.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
This last month, other than the ME:A abortion, has been one of the greatest months in gaming ever.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
4.5 hours in and I am loving it so far! The first part of the story is pretty weird.

Teacher dating a student rumors and the teacher trying to get sex out of her.

spronk

FPS noob
game just installed from the steelbook edition delivered today morning, NO PATCH. holy shit i can't even remember the last game I installed that didn't have a zero day patch. No DLC codes in the box either, just insert and play.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
game just installed from the steelbook edition delivered today morning, NO PATCH. holy shit i can't even remember the last game I installed that didn't have a zero day patch. No DLC codes in the box either, just insert and play.
annnnnd sold.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I know it's only April, but hard for me to see anything else this year topping this or Horizon. Quite frankly, I think this may be the most enjoyable JRPG experience I've ever had (a genre I typically don't care for), and it's certainly going to be on a ton of GOTY lists.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Do they have English voice overs? I heard they don't, and that's fine, but I also heard they only subtitle the cut scenes and some conversations but all the TV show/Radio stuff is in Japanese and unless you know that language you do won't be able to understand it?

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Do they have English voice overs? I heard they don't, and that's fine, but I also heard they only subtitle the cut scenes and some conversations but all the TV show/Radio stuff is in Japanese and unless you know that language you do won't be able to understand it?

The game is dubbed in English. You can download free DLC for Japanese voices. But by default the game is all in English

• 1Like