Persona 5

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Do they have English voice overs? I heard they don't, and that's fine, but I also heard they only subtitle the cut scenes and some conversations but all the TV show/Radio stuff is in Japanese and unless you know that language you do won't be able to understand it?

There are English VO's and you can download the Japanese voices if you want too from the PSN Store.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Just get it bro, and give it past 6 hours or so (for me, the overdone tutorial could've been cut in half - too much hand holding). Once the reigns are given over to you, it opens up significantly and only gets better as you play it imo. If you like JRPG's even a little I think you owe it to yourself to play this. Been a spectacular start to 2017, I dare say it's been the best 3 month window in the history of the industry. Nioh, Nier, RE, Horizon, Zelda, Persona - and with that said, for me, Persona has been the best of the lot.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Atlas batting 1000 with this one... there worried about streamers... for a game that has been out in Japan for almost a year...

Araxen

They are always worried about streamers. It's so absurd. Streamers are one of the best ways to generate sales.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Absolutely love it.

Some nonespoiler, but gameplay related tips
- Can press triangle in map menu for the location of your confidants

- Always carry a book since sometimes you get a free seat in the subway and can use the time to read (doesn't cost time). Note: Do not use that time for trivial books like guide books that triggers auto travels.

- If you've played the last games in the series and left the dungeon to the end of the month, it is the opposite here. Once you completed a dungeon, more people/activities will open up, giving you more time to do more until the next phase of the game so finishing them as soon as possible is apparently the thing to do. Being unable to return to them though makes it so you should 100% them before doing the boss.

- If you pre-ordered and got the medicine DLC, the item that restores full HP and SP can be sold for 50k which is helpful at the beginning

- DLC personas can also be added to your party despite them being over your level (you get access to them by talking to Igor after you've done the fusion tutorial). The initial cost of getting them is 0.

- There is a limit of having 6 personas on you (up to 12 I believe), so you can't have a persona on you for each confidant. If you want the added boost from having a suitable persona on you when doing social activities, you need to either level up a few confidants at a time or spend a lot of money summoning personas from the compendium when you need them.

- Remember to register personas you get in the compendium (doesn't cost anything).

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
They are always worried about streamers. It's so absurd. Streamers are one of the best ways to generate sales.

The game is also blocked from Share Play. Only other game I've ever seen done that was Tales of Zesteria.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wanna know how much this game cost to make because I wanna know how completely humiliated Squeenix is.

• 1Solidarity

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Do they have English voice overs? I heard they don't, and that's fine, but I also heard they only subtitle the cut scenes and some conversations but all the TV show/Radio stuff is in Japanese and unless you know that language you do won't be able to understand it?
Based on past games, what you heard was talking about what happens if you install the JP voiceovers and just use English subs. Atlus never subs *everything* which makes for a horrible experience if you don't actually speak the language (or you're not a gigantic weeaboo).

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
the issue is the game has already been out for almost a year in Japan, people who wanted to know the story before hand, already know. This is doing absolutely nothing for them and is the stupidest approach to this I've ever seen, I would understand if the game actually had a world wide release...

Vorph

I consider it a goddamn miracle that I made it to release day in the west without reading a single spoiler, or really any details whatsoever about the game beyond the character info that Atlus emailed out themselves. I don't know what it is about these games, but a certain group of people go out of their way to try to spoil them in post titles, topics not related to major plot elements, etc.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I have not read a single spoiler either, I don't think they realize that the fans will go out of there way to stay away from them.

Araxen

Just FYI, don't post about Persona on Twitter. I guess there are bots that are replying to tweets with spoilers.

Vorph

Yeah, that's the kind of shit I'm talking about. It's fucking weird that people go to such lengths to spoil it.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I wanna know how much this game cost to make because I wanna know how completely humiliated Squeenix is.

According to Wikipedia Atlus has 121 employees and Sqaure Enix has almost 4,000. So probably cost a lot less to produce. IMO Persona is the top RPG series from Japan not Final Fantasy; at least currently.

spronk

FPS noob
I like how you can name your character, my weeaboo Donald Trump is going to make anime great again