Pets

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hosix

All labs matter!
As someone who's spoiled on the ease of getting dogs to play, trying to get my cats to play with shit is fucking hard. Sansa loves springs and the wand toys but she just won't play at all when Arya is around (because she comes in and butts into playtime). Arya just gets bored of shit super fast. I have decent luck with her with little crinkle balls. She'll sometimes play fetch with us with them (had a nice session this morning when she plopped one on my head while I was sleeping so I'd throw it). She'll catch the wand toys once or twice and then be satisfied with them. Also loves these little soft green mint-shaped little chew toys, but last time it got brought out for play it went missing and is still currently MIA (the mint and the crinkles get lost constantly and I'm always having to try to hunt them down). Any good toy recommendations to try? I've definitely been trying to have more playtime sessions, but 90% of the time I just get glared at like an idiot.

Compare this to my parents' dog, Chase, where all I have to do is ask him where his jumbler is and he'll go scour the house for it, find it and bring it back to play with and always looks like the happiest mother fucker in the world every time. I miss dogs sometimes.

Get some LEGO guns and toss them on the floor. My cats find those and play with them like crazy. They bat them all over. At 3AM you can hear them skidding across the floor. Then they lose them to a black hole located in my living room.

My cats don’t play with store bought toys. They ignore them.

Trollocaust

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I went back to see my kittens and paid more attention to the other kitten I didn't originally intend to adopt. He's also a cutie. He's on the second vid.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
So I've had the cat outside a few more times and she's even more chill than previously with it. She's happy to stay in my lap and enjoy the sun, even washing herself and shit. Shows no interest in trying to run off. I'm seriously considering leash training her, though I don't know how I could train her to deal with the chaotic elements of being outside like cars and random people walking by, let alone dogs. Plus, I don't know if the novelty of it is worth being the neighbourhood weirdo that walks his cat.

She lived most of her life high up in a shitty low-income apartment complex before I got her, where all she could do was watch the pigeons on nearby roofs, so it's nice to give her at least a taste of nature, even if it's just the burbs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
For you dog owners:

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has identified 16 brands of dog foods — the majority of them labelled "grain free" — that it says are most frequently associated with a potentially deadly canine heart condition.
The brands identified include:
  • Acana.
  • Zignature.
  • Taste of the Wild.
  • 4Health.
  • Earthborn Holistic.
  • Blue Buffalo.
  • Nature's Domain.
  • Fromm.
  • Merrick.
  • California Natural.
  • Natural Balance.
  • Orijen.
  • Nature's Variety.
  • NutriSource.
  • Nutro.
  • Rachael Ray Nutrish.
The products are sold online and many are available in stores in Canada.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Anything that has Dog or Cat or Horse on it = double the price.

Protip: 50lbs sacks of floating catfish/pondfish food are 20 bucks or less, and what is better for a carnivore than ground up dried fish??

tarb

Trakanon Raider
That's like....all the food brands.
Report is pretty bogus it even says in it they cant connect that any of these foods caused the issue LOL
My long time gf is a dog nutritionist and other than Raw being the best diet for dogs if you feed kibble Orijen/Acana is the best quality kibble imo.

Kiki

Log Wizard
My dog taught my cat to play fetch. I'm afraid of my life now.

I thought I read that Lazer pointers give cats ocd or something

My wife told me it was because they never get the satisfaction of catching the object, and so can get depressed.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

iannis

Musty Nester
You don't really have to leash train cats. I click train mine. They'll walk besides me (or between my legs) and not stray.

You just have to walk so slow. They ain't gonna run to keep pace, and their widdybiddy cat legs only go so fast.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I really want to buy a dog again but after having to have let go of the old one that couldn't deal with me being at work for 8 hours a day, it is hard.

When he got blind it was ok, as long as no furniture was moved or left out of place, soon after he started leaving pools and piles everywhere, I gave him as much time as possible.

Still sucks. Him getting scared to go outside and not doing his thing after he got blind was pretty hard to deal with.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 4 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Blind dogs are rough. When I was growing up my mom worked at a battered women shelter. Somehow we ended up taking care of a retired police dog(rottweiler) that was going blind, by the time we had to put him down he was walking into everything and I was pretty much the only person he would let into the back yard without going crazy.

I've been contemplating a new dog(s). It's been a year since I lost Buddy and Luna. I'm gonna be moving next month so thinking not long after that i'll start looking around

• 1Solidarity

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Blind dogs are rough. When I was growing up my mom worked at a battered women shelter. Somehow we ended up taking care of a retired police dog(rottweiler) that was going blind, by the time we had to put him down he was walking into everything and I was pretty much the only person he would let into the back yard without going crazy.

I've been contemplating a new dog(s). It's been a year since I lost Buddy and Luna. I'm gonna be moving next month so thinking not long after that i'll start looking around

Best of luck man.

I haven't had much luck with dogs, the one before the last one died from eating strychnine during a walk.

Original picture:

During the drive home after buying him he sat on my lap and bit my belly. It was pretty hilarious.

Also Mudcrush Durtfeet Mudcrush Durtfeet : if FoH had a real-life meeting I would sponsor your presence along with that of some people to gangbang you. Though I doubt I'd need a single dollar to find people willing to stomp your face.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
He found something in the grass, and since he was always hungry he swallowed it instantly.

Within minutes he was convulsing, he was at the vet within 20 minutes but it was too late.

I think I'll have an extra beer today.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why the fuck did someone have a goddamn pile of strychnine just sitting in their front yard?