Pets

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
My girlfriend has a dog that's deaf. I babysat him last week and it was really nerve wracking knowing I couldn't call him. I live in the country and don't have a fenced yard and he would go outdoors and just wander off and I would be like "Well, I hope he comes back".

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
Oh geez...I would be nervous wreck caring for someone else’s deaf dog.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
  • 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
They probably make some small thumb sized chip for pets/children that you could hook onto his collar for remote locating. I know for sure you can have a vet chip them, but that's just creepy.

But it probably costs a few hundred bucks.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Why the fuck did someone have a goddamn pile of strychnine just sitting in their front yard?

It used to be used as pest control, while it was outlawed at some point, it is still pretty easy to find through the right sources (farmers, fireguards, ..)

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i've never bothered sealing my cat's food up in a separate container. am i a horrible owner?

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Man, fuck today. Get a text this morning from my brother. His second GSD, Deacon, passed in his sleep overnight. They lost their other GSD at the beginning of the year. Both were wonderful damn dogs. My niece had just gotten over Sophie and now Deacon goes. Fucking sucks.

Get a call just now for the lady that I cat sit for sometimes. She had to put her cat, Cooper, down today as well. Boy was a goddamn sweetie and I loved going over to visit him. Was about to cat sit for him again next week.

Oh, and just heard from my fiance's parents that they just had to put down their second to last cat, Blondie. They've gone from 4 cats down to 1 in the span of a year (all of them were in their teens). Now it's just little Tiggsy, who's 23 years old.

536D8AC1-E152-431A-972E-555A215D3875.jpeg

FE653DC8-0848-4CE4-A402-879C70C4FFC8.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
And the last of my fiance's family cats is about to head to the vet. Tiggs was quite the trooper, though, and lived through all kinds of shit to 23 years old. Sadly, I don't have a picture of her, but she was a sweet little pastel kitty, very friendly and sometimes would snuggle on the bed with me when I'd come up to visit. Just sucks how fast the last few of those cats went.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Man, fuck today. Get a text this morning from my brother. His second GSD, Deacon, passed in his sleep overnight. They lost their other GSD at the beginning of the year. Both were wonderful damn dogs. My niece had just gotten over Sophie and now Deacon goes. Fucking sucks.

Get a call just now for the lady that I cat sit for sometimes. She had to put her cat, Cooper, down today as well. Boy was a goddamn sweetie and I loved going over to visit him. Was about to cat sit for him again next week.

Oh, and just heard from my fiance's parents that they just had to put down their second to last cat, Blondie. They've gone from 4 cats down to 1 in the span of a year (all of them were in their teens). Now it's just little Tiggsy, who's 23 years old.

View attachment 218887

View attachment 218886
I had to google what GSD was. Never heard anyone use that for German Shepherd before.

Vasgaroth

Trakanon Raider
Seeing your animals get older and start running into serious health issues blows. We’ve had Sadie for 11 years and she had a serious seizure yesterday morning. First seizure that we know of that’s she’s ever had. Lasted the better part of 3 minutes, doc is fairly certain she has a brain tumor and is trying to save us the $2500 MRI for nothing else but confirmation. We picked her up this morning after she was given a heavy dose of phenobarbital(the medicine she’ll be on the rest of her life) and an overnight stay at the animal hospital and she has been a disoriented mess since she came home. Doc says she’ll be hazy the next couple of days until the megadose fades but it is brutal seeing her aimlessly walk into shit and piss herself. Kids are beside themselves and I can’t stand seeing my dog fucked up like a college kid on barbiturates. If this doesn’t pass soon, fuck.
F84B8F8E-BCF4-4BE2-B5DD-A7BF09DF5BF7.jpeg

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users
I have a silky terrier who is completely deaf and blind. Rufus is 17. I keep the house organized so he can get around. He is still social, and every night he eventually fins his way to curl up against my shoulder. He still seems ... happy.

A friend of mine suggested, Rufus does not realize he is deaf and blind. He just thinks the world all of a sudden got dark and silent. Interesting thought experiment.

• 2Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Had to put our cat down this morning. Apparently she had developed diabetes and since we didn't know to treat it she went into ketoacidosis shock. Pet ER tried to stabilize her but she was too far gone.

Thinking about it today it made me wonder if I am the only one who cares more about a pet dying than I do about a person dying. I really do care more about animals than I do the vast majority of human beings. My daughter is crushed 🙁
Screenshot_20191017-120854_Gallery.jpg

• 7Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Vasgaroth

Trakanon Raider
Had to put our cat down this morning. Apparently she had developed diabetes and since we didn't know to treat it she went into ketoacidosis shock. Pet ER tried to stabilize her but she was too far gone.

Thinking about it today it made me wonder if I am the only one who cares more about a pet dying than I do about a person dying. I really do care more about animals than I do the vast majority of human beings. My daughter is crushed 🙁

I feel for you and I'm sorry for you and your family's loss. I posted our oldest dog Sadie earlier in this thread shortly after she was diagnosed with a terminal brain tumor, and this Sunday we officially hit 1 month since we had to put her down. It was the hardest thing my wife and I have had to do in 13 years and the element of having our children involved makes it that much harder. My almost 5 year old daughter constantly brings up how much she misses Sadie, how she wants to go to the "Rainbow Bridge" to see her, when we damn well know she's not coming back. The wife and I talk quite frequently about how the grief of losing Sadie is on a completely different scale then losing even some close family members. The best thing about animals is their ability to give you unconditional love, and as their owners it is our responsibility to reciprocate that love. When you lose that love and have to make the difficult decision to put them at rest it is devastating.

You're not alone in this feeling Sanrith and I feel for you. I hope you all the best in getting through this difficult time. If you ever need to talk DM me and I am all ears. Shit is gut wrenching.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Had to say goodbye to this guy today, Vincent. We had him for almost 19 years. He was cool as fuck, loved people, really laid back, smart, a lot of personality for a cat. Everyone loved him. We’d be having a big party, loud as hell, drinking...the other cats would be hiding under beds, Vincent would be lounging on the table in the center of the action, waiting on someone to start petting him. Saying bye was a lot harder than I thought it would be. We knew it was coming with his age but damn.

FCEFB6FB-C493-45E6-BAEB-D7546A1C83B6.jpeg

Bruuce Bruuce

• 3Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Had to say goodbye to this guy today, Vincent. We had him for almost 19 years. He was cool as fuck, loved people, really laid back, smart, a lot of personality for a cat. Everyone loved him. We’d be having a big party, loud as hell, drinking...the other cats would be hiding under beds, Vincent would be lounging on the table in the center of the action, waiting on someone to start petting him. Saying bye was a lot harder than I thought it would be. We knew it was coming with his age but damn.

View attachment 227584

Bruuce Bruuce
I'm really sorry for your loss. We just went through the same thing. Pets are family. In some cases, better than family (depending on your family 😁)

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm really sorry for your loss. We just went through the same thing. Pets are family. In some cases, better than family (depending on your family 😁)

Thanks. Yeah man, I mean this dude slept on our pillows for almost two decades. Cuddle with us while we watch movies, etc.

Meanwhile my family...well I won’t get into that, they’re just nowhere near as cool as that cat was.

• 1Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Need to bring back some happy to this place. This is my 7-8 year old Cocker. My favorite pet and I hope she lasts a long time. Just had surgery to remove a couple benign adenocarcinomas but she handled it like a champ.

IMG_2796.JPG

• 2Like