Pets

iannis

Musty Nester
Well that sucks.

I usually let them die naturally. It's very very sad, but unless they're in obvious pain I just have a hard time pulling the trigger. I make them a little spot make sure they have food (which they never want) and water (which they want less and less) and spend time with them while they're not passed out or sleeping.

I'd probably put a dog down though. Kind of a weird thing, but for some reason it makes a difference.

I had a cat one time that I 100% though was gonna die within a few hours. So I got her little spot set up like I always do for a dying animal, gave her a large dose of a painkiller, and got set up getting ready to kill her. 30 minutes later the cat "popped" right back up. She was weak for a few weeks, obviously, but she just powered through what I have to assume was a heart attack. She lived 4 years past that. Amazing little kitty. But it's why I don't kill them even when it's obvious what's about to happen.

That said... when you've got a 13 year old cat... maybe it's mercy.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Sorry for your loss Gavin.

One of my fiance's cats he grew up with is 22 now. I don't know how she's still kicking, but she still loves to snuggle and explore and is a ravenous eater (the other two remaining cats are 15 and 17 I think, and she constantly steals their food). Poor thing has a huge tumor on her chin that they obviously can't put her under to get rid of, but she doesn't seem to care at all. She's having kidney troubles and the doctors gave her 2-3 weeks, but that was back in October I think? Just saw her on Sunday and she was all up on the back of the chair by the door to greet us with headbutts and mews. Sturdy little thing.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Inoperable cyst in his ear canal, the final straw was him falling down the stairs earlier this morning and bleeding profusely (relative to a cat) from his ear. I don't know how the animal mind processes vertigo but I've had vertigo attacks and I consider them to be among the worst experiences in my life, if not the absolute worst. If I was having constant vertigo I'd be trying everything within my power to kill myself. Im not super attached to him so it's not the most tragic thing in the world to me, but as an emotional cripple I'm still super upset about my cat dying last year so same difference.

• 2Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 2 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I'm on vacation on Nashville, and i left my pet of 6 years with my cousin. He has stayed with them and the dog likes it there.
Well...
He got a very bad pancreatic event, it killed his liver . And he was put to sleep an hour ago. And I never got the chance to say goodbye to him.

May he rest in peace.

Last edited:
  • 5Solidarity
  • 2Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Third dead cat in a year and a half.

The real reason why cats make such shitty fucking pets is because they're far better than dogs at concealing symptoms of illness.

• 3Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Third dead cat in a year and a half.

The real reason why cats make such shitty fucking pets is because they're far better than dogs at concealing symptoms of illness.
My mom's had like 3 cats in a row die pretty early of heart failure. Really just came outa no where. Cats esp seems like it's hard to tell until one day they're having a seizure or some shit and then we'll, it's heart failure.

Sorry dude.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also if you never see me post again, it's because I took a sledgehammer to the office of the vet who found nothing wrong with her two days ago.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Also if you never see me post again, it's because I took a sledgehammer to the office of the vet who found nothing wrong with her two days ago.
That's fucked dude. Sorry to hear that. I had a cat who wasn't doing well. Vet ran tests then went on vacation and only could reach him 2 weeks later.

Fuckinf faggot said if it had been a little sooner meds could have saved the cat.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Lost this girl tonight. Maeby. She was 13. I had her for 12 of those years. A wonderful, sweetheart of a dog that had a good life.

She had been slowing down for the past year or so. Her appetite dropped considerably over the last month leading to the past 4 or 5 days where she refused to eat. I made an appointment this morning to put her down on Wednesday. She went on her own instead with her head resting in my lap.

My first dog. Pretty heartbroken.
1005488_10101351162217050_1200963086_n.jpg

• 8Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Lost this girl tonight. Maeby. She was 13. I had her for 12 of those years. A wonderful, sweetheart of a dog that had a good life.

She had been slowing down for the past year or so. Her appetite dropped considerably over the last month leading to the past 4 or 5 days where she refused to eat. I made an appointment this morning to put her down on Wednesday. She went on her own instead with her head resting in my lap.

View attachment 210133

Sorry for your lost man. Might be your first dog, but it's never easy to lose a pet even if it's your 12th one. Twelve years is a good long time to share with a pup, I'm sure you made her very happy. In that picture it looks like a lot of love in her eyes. :)

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
First, you guys have my deepest condolences.... Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus and I have lost a few pets since we've been married.
1) my dog Churla who I had when we got married - Died at 19 years old, asleep in her favorite spot. While I was half the world away (Israel) on a business trip.
2) her cat Pooh, who she had since before we met and died at 16. Tumor at the base of her brain.
3) Black lab we owned together, who had a mass grow on her pancreas and put her into instant diabetic shock.

On a lighter note, discussing insane dog tongue.. This is Sugar, one of ours :
UCmKtIWjM5kU6VH7AxQ8Sekx8QjKJFj8WhCnby46hfIzBCxtcfHR_4NfPTKe__4Con1RoaIi8XsS7l1rMIvoL_5q5xUpbf_wFBrSIZbvAeTIiJFAEC7Bc1PBzoqMlsb8YYKodnyGvk2-zTDezAA6456FG683YBf_8WuYgE20hjYWaYVE8uJiPEpWd4dQHOCAgp1LNlTtUTvAGWXMYaUVRchwRrRs5rujzT6HUaHxJzgNTIeBYYTrNLH5tIkZCE2ZKdieZoG9tVU5mTbLMa5zF0PdmqiO7TnNzOewhdNQMBUvSknoHOF3WC_A0UFiYa0LSYbMq0-vthrsIJfSsaEKk2lb1Z-DNZBs-H7UMAqbDdw8O5DMskC6HD_nb3Tsg5TOe11Y5RY5lDBhllsleTldXT04aLnENJE9BOoyN1NyDL-66AucCKvsJPzmsXKpCUnPnlZKu1yMU2pIsnEfiPmZi_iDysTvqCQjeTLjx93mburE1lzCjuG9bF2jSRhtGkGfzTk13LnPD87A-0KFe7xahEV9w9hk8OyAApsWZK_su1A-ZdeW-14D9RGwEGtxtKasMR7hDMyJnP8dY1HzrXPjKf-a0KTLcy2fsTG2d3y3_hIEQgJ17Hon6CLkbg4QGVlbPudGmkZdw13gB_ycPEDgp_rB=w1204-h1604-no

Her sister Bean has a longer tongue, but I have no pic. That dog can be 8 inches from your face and grinning, you start to talk to her with the wrong timing and BAM.. You're getting unwanted puppy french kiss.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

View attachment 210133
Sorry dude. We've all been there. Sucks hard.

I always make sure to visit my childhood dogs grave when I visit my mom's house. Now shes buying a new house and this just made me think I may never have that again

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Thanks guys. A couple days removed and I'm doing better. I feel like the moment I decided she needed to be put down I had made peace with things and after that I got a weekend to pamper her and say my goodbyes. She was definitely suffering though and her going on her own a couple days early was almost a relief.

On a lighter note...this girl has made things a lot easier too. Pound called her a hound mix but you can definitely see the pit there too. River. She's very sweet as well, but also still a total psycho puppy. She's coming up on 1 year here soon. When River comes back in from outside she darts around the house to the 4 spots Maeby would normally be at. She's still a little confused but knows something is wrong and has done everything she can to keep my attention the past couple days. I'm happy I have that.

37512097_10105514521895880_3438177116368142336_n.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users