Pets

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
You know you have a well behaved cat when you can take her outside and she'll stay in your lap as you sit out in the sun, despite having never been outside in their 6-7 year long lifespan.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
That’s the cat look of “prepare claws to knead your leg”.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Well, she's a cat, so that goes without saying.

She really is an awesome cat though. Super chill, cuddily and playful. She also listens when told not to do something, which is incredibly rare in cats.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I'm slightly jealous of my neighbors' cats. The one across from me has three and he can go for a walk around outside and they'll just ride on his shoulders and follow him along. Otherwise, they come and hang out on my patio and in the little landscaping area next to my bedroom. I'll leave the main patio door open and the screen door closed so they can come over and talk to my cats. One of our other neighbors, his cat just heels at his foot as he goes walking down the trail behind our section of apartment units. I'd be fucking scared to death to let my cats outside with no restraint at all, I dunno wtf they'd do. Might buy a kitty leash to take them out just to explore a little sometime, but dunno how that'll go. Sansa at least when we try to carry her outside gets really scared and will start crawling up to and grabbing our shoulders to hold on as soon as we try to walk onto the patio. With Arya, she just starts frantically wiggling and freaking out. Indoor life for them.

18BA99F6-38AD-4CAF-8E55-35628EB55978.jpegE39843FA-1947-4C06-BCBB-73D56B912AED.jpegCD877635-5A98-4CED-B584-65D510E64B7A.jpeg4B4C5216-F728-47F6-A920-F29920F698EA.jpeg1F1449FB-381C-4B7C-815B-B2602AFAEC12.jpeg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Trollocaust

Lord Nagafen Raider
So two days ago I decided to adopt a kitten from a refuge. A couple find them after their mom got hit by a car. 4 kittens in total. Went to see this little tortie yesterday and I decided she was the one.

Ended up deciding to adopt her brother too, which is the black kitten in the back of the second video. The two other kittens were already spoken for. They'll be ready early/mid july. Can't wait. Already catifying the place.

64626194_385246968796416_5760747412587020288_n.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Oh lord, those are some cuties.

On my end, does anyone have experience with bully cats? We were hoping when we moved into our larger apartment that maybe more room might help alleviate some of the tension between Sansa and Arya, and it did for a little bit, but for the most part we cannot get Arya to stop stalking and chasing Sansa around most of the time. They're not aggressive with each other over food or the litter box thankfully, but Arya loves to shove Sansa out of Sansa'a comfortable sleeping spots, loves to butt in whenever Sansa is trying to play with us or cuddle with us, etc. Basically Arya's just always up Sansa's ass in some way and it makes me feel horrible because I don't want Sansa stressed out constantly (she's been significantly more skittish since adding Arya). The two have been together for over a year now, and there hasn't really been any improvement. Thankfully, it's nothing serious (though, without fail, every night as soon as we go to bed, there's a chase session that always ends with Sansa down a small tuft of fur). We try to cause distractions, tried the squirt bottle on Arya when she's in the middle of stalking or chasing (though, I heard this doesn't help at all and actually makes things worse, so we've been trying to avoid it). Not really sure what else to try, and I'm not expecting them to become best friends or anything (though, it'd be nice), but I'd like the bullying to at least stop and Sansa to not have to be on the fritz all the time.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider

On my end, does anyone have experience with bully cats? We were hoping when we moved into our larger apartment that maybe more room might help alleviate some of the tension between Sansa and Arya, and it did for a little bit, but for the most part we cannot get Arya to stop stalking and chasing Sansa around most of the time. They're not aggressive with each other over food or the litter box thankfully, but Arya loves to shove Sansa out of Sansa'a comfortable sleeping spots, loves to butt in whenever Sansa is trying to play with us or cuddle with us, etc. Basically Arya's just always up Sansa's ass in some way and it makes me feel horrible because I don't want Sansa stressed out constantly (she's been significantly more skittish since adding Arya). The two have been together for over a year now, and there hasn't really been any improvement. Thankfully, it's nothing serious (though, without fail, every night as soon as we go to bed, there's a chase session that always ends with Sansa down a small tuft of fur). We try to cause distractions, tried the squirt bottle on Arya when she's in the middle of stalking or chasing (though, I heard this doesn't help at all and actually makes things worse, so we've been trying to avoid it). Not really sure what else to try, and I'm not expecting them to become best friends or anything (though, it'd be nice), but I'd like the bullying to at least stop and Sansa to not have to be on the fritz all the time.
You can try Feliway or another brand of the cat diffusers to see if they react positively. Doesn't work on all cats though (didn't for my pack of 3) but it isn't too expensive to try once. We eventually ran out of ideas with our cats and just spent more time with them to try and keep the peace. Giving them more space to ignore each other would be a good idea too but if you're in an apartment that's probably limited.

• 1Like

Trollocaust

Lord Nagafen Raider

I'm gonna do my best Jackson Galaxy impersonation and suggest to try getting some more verticality to your place? Cat highways come to mind.

Maybe try playing with Arya more to get all that energy out of her so she stops bothering your other cat?

But honestly you should check out My cat from hell on youtube. He has a lot of good tips for problem cats.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
As someone who's spoiled on the ease of getting dogs to play, trying to get my cats to play with shit is fucking hard. Sansa loves springs and the wand toys but she just won't play at all when Arya is around (because she comes in and butts into playtime). Arya just gets bored of shit super fast. I have decent luck with her with little crinkle balls. She'll sometimes play fetch with us with them (had a nice session this morning when she plopped one on my head while I was sleeping so I'd throw it). She'll catch the wand toys once or twice and then be satisfied with them. Also loves these little soft green mint-shaped little chew toys, but last time it got brought out for play it went missing and is still currently MIA (the mint and the crinkles get lost constantly and I'm always having to try to hunt them down). Any good toy recommendations to try? I've definitely been trying to have more playtime sessions, but 90% of the time I just get glared at like an idiot.

Compare this to my parents' dog, Chase, where all I have to do is ask him where his jumbler is and he'll go scour the house for it, find it and bring it back to play with and always looks like the happiest mother fucker in the world every time. I miss dogs sometimes.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
As someone who's spoiled on the ease of getting dogs to play, trying to get my cats to play with shit is fucking hard. Sansa loves springs and the wand toys but she just won't play at all when Arya is around (because she comes in and butts into playtime). Arya just gets bored of shit super fast. I have decent luck with her with little crinkle balls. She'll sometimes play fetch with us with them (had a nice session this morning when she plopped one on my head while I was sleeping so I'd throw it). She'll catch the wand toys once or twice and then be satisfied with them. Also loves these little soft green mint-shaped little chew toys, but last time it got brought out for play it went missing and is still currently MIA (the mint and the crinkles get lost constantly and I'm always having to try to hunt them down). Any good toy recommendations to try? I've definitely been trying to have more playtime sessions, but 90% of the time I just get glared at like an idiot.

Compare this to my parents' dog, Chase, where all I have to do is ask him where his jumbler is and he'll go scour the house for it, find it and bring it back to play with and always looks like the happiest mother fucker in the world every time. I miss dogs sometimes.

Laser pointer

• 1Solidarity

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
The one lazer pointer I have left is pussy ass weak and even in pitch black still barely shows up on the walls. I had one of those feliway diffusers but was trying to find a good spot to plug it into that the cats couldn't reach in the old apartment and apparently it got thrown away in the move, so I'll have to grab another one (fucker was like $40). Will grab a new lazer pointer while I'm out there and see if they're still into it at all.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Buy the cheap ones from the dollar store for $1-2. They last decently long if you take the batteries out inbetween use, and they're cheap as fuck so they're easily replaced anyway.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm slightly jealous of my neighbors' cats. The one across from me has three and he can go for a walk around outside and they'll just ride on his shoulders and follow him along. Otherwise, they come and hang out on my patio and in the little landscaping area next to my bedroom. I'll leave the main patio door open and the screen door closed so they can come over and talk to my cats. One of our other neighbors, his cat just heels at his foot as he goes walking down the trail behind our section of apartment units. I'd be fucking scared to death to let my cats outside with no restraint at all, I dunno wtf they'd do. Might buy a kitty leash to take them out just to explore a little sometime, but dunno how that'll go. Sansa at least when we try to carry her outside gets really scared and will start crawling up to and grabbing our shoulders to hold on as soon as we try to walk onto the patio. With Arya, she just starts frantically wiggling and freaking out. Indoor life for them.

View attachment 212122View attachment 212123View attachment 212124View attachment 212125View attachment 212126
fc59cddj9u531.jpg

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
Knowing a cat...this spot was to kill something, fight another cat or have cat sex.

D47A0E6F-709B-4902-81F5-46637C2E9364.jpeg