Pets

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I got a rescue puppy last week and oooh boy an I exhausted. She's a part lab and part ???

Any tips to maintain sanity. She's crated at night. She's been good at bathroom breaks outside. I think I'm just always hovering over her. Making sure she's behaving.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Welp, family dog saw the vet today, the big lump on her leg is indeed cancer/tumor. She'll be 16 on Monday, but there's nothing we can do other than making sure she is comfortable until it starts getting really bad.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 4 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm actually having a similar experience. I've had a rather large female cat come around the house. Previously, when it saw me, it would run off. But one day I knelt down and it came right up to me. Now, if I open the deck door, it'll stroll right into the house. It appears well fed and it does have a collar but, oddly, has jacked up ears -- one ear looks like it was clipped like they do with spayed/neutered feral cats and the other looks torn from fights.

I'm wondering if it could've been abandoned but, again, it ain't skinny and I've seen it roaming the neighborhood at least up to a year ago. I'm sure it's someone's cat but just odd that it would roll into a stranger's home and hang around all day long. Seems desperate for attention.

View attachment 264373
And now your house is infested with fleas. Nice.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Found these damn adorable cat beds recently and had to get them. Of course, Sansa and Arya weren’t as stoked for them as I was. Tart bed that comes with a bunch of squeaky toy fruit and a cupcake bed with a frosting pillow, sprinkles and a squeaky cherry.

427C33AE-1089-47C0-867D-158FFEAD0320.jpeg79C52715-1510-464A-AAC8-808B86970EB8.jpeg68E88949-D08B-459C-AF60-84FFC29CE5AD.jpeg

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Our two 55 pound terriers. They're big babies.

20180207_160344.jpg

20170712_080214.jpg

We can't wait to retire and have a dozen acres and rescue more, along with neglected or abused farm animals.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Few more weeks until she can come home.

Need a name. Kiwi seems too cliche. Thought about naming my pair Gizzard and Giblet.

Really never named my first bird other than just birdy. Looks like a damn pigeon.

20200112_164033.jpg

• 2Like

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Few more weeks until she can come home.

Need a name. Kiwi seems too cliche. Thought about naming my pair Gizzard and Giblet.

Really never named my first bird other than just birdy. Looks like a damn pigeon.

View attachment 279276
Just don't be one of those bird people who let them fly all over the house on thanksgiving, over the food, around an 80yr old woman clearly terrified of birds (I'm told due to an aggressive rooster when she wasn't much larger than it was). Not my kind of pet, but to each their own... till it flies over food. I've seen what birds do while flying; Only got marginally better when the hostest donned a towl and it living, and shitting on her shoulder all through dinner.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just don't be one of those bird people who let them fly all over the house on thanksgiving, over the food, around an 80yr old woman clearly terrified of birds (I'm told due to an aggressive rooster when she wasn't much larger than it was). Not my kind of pet, but to each their own... till it flies over food. I've seen what birds do while flying; Only got marginally better when the hostest donned a towl and it living, and shitting on her shoulder all through dinner.
Sounds like someone without kids who treat the pet like a child.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Hope you like it since they live 60 years.

• 1Worf

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Goddamn. My in laws are poophead "parents" of an in house dove. Like they forgot what it was like to raise actual children. It's amazing the one of two they had that I married ended up mostly normal. The other, not so much, unfortunately.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Well, doggo is hurting when she walks and peeing the bed a lot, so mom has decided it's time to go Old Yeller her next week. Feels bad man.

• 5Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 4 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Welp, mom decided last week to put in a stay of execution, but doggo suffered a major stroke today, and the vet also said she had a brain tumor, so she had to be put to sleep anyways. Shitty day.

• 7Solidarity
  • 2Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 8 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Has anyone had chickens before? Thinking of getting some for Camp Freedom (tm) but property has bears, and tons of hawks, like tonsssss. They dont look like huge ones. Pretty sure all the one's ive seen are red-shouldered hawks.

Obviously I can't let them out of their chicken run while they're chicks but what about when they're adults? Safe to let them out to peck around? I have a group of wild turkey that seem to have no issues doing so.

Thinking silkies and cochin.

Also I'd like ducks but same question.. there's a river on my property but never seen ducks.. Should that be a sign that they can't thrive in my environment? Should I look at bigger birds like geese or turkeys?

shutterstock_501381547-1024x718.jpg

cochin.jpg

Last edited:

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
You can let them roam around the yard. They won't go far and usually predators won't bother them close to the house in daylight. They need to be shut up at night though in a critter proof house or they will be dinner for raccoons or foxes or whatever else might wander through. They even have automatic doors that open when the sun comes up and closes when it goes down. The chickens will go in there on their own when the sun sets.

• 1Like