Pharmakos' Chemo Ward

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The sun, now piercing the horizon, cast a golden hue upon the world, making the grove appear even more mystical. As I walked away, a familiar figure leaning against a 1971 Chevrolet Impala Convertible caught my eye. It was none other than the gonzo journalist himself, Hunter S. Thompson, a cigarette holder dangling from his lips, aviator sunglasses obscuring his eyes.

"Figured I'd find you here," he said, taking a drag. "This place... It's Fear and Loathing, but not in Las Vegas. More like Fear, Loathing, and a good amount of bewilderment in Bohemian Grove."

I was taken aback. "Hunter? But how?"

He chuckled, "Dreams, realities, afterlife? It's all the same circus, just different tents. Besides, places like this? They transcend time. For people like me, it's a perpetual playground."

He gestured to his car, "Hop in. There's a tale here, and it needs documenting. Gonzo style."

The drive was a whirlwind, a mix of Thompson's ramblings about the '70s, the corrupt system, and his wild escapades. We found ourselves on a desert highway, reminiscent of his famed journey to Las Vegas. It was as if the boundaries between the real and surreal, the past and present, were blurring.

"Ever tried adrenochrome?" he suddenly asked, eyebrow raised, producing a tiny vial from his pocket.

I hesitated, recalling the infamous scene from his book. "Isn't that..."

He laughed, interrupting my thoughts, "Relax! It's just a bit of gonzo humor. But seriously, in places like the grove, reality is often stranger than fiction. You've mingled with tech titans and world leaders in a dreamlike state. Makes you wonder, doesn't it? What's real and what's hallucination?"

As we drove, the landscape around us morphed, turning into bizarre scenes from Thompson's writings - bats swooping down from the sky, lizards lounging by the pool, and neon lights casting eerie glows.

"You see," Hunter began, "life's a trip. Literally. You've got to ride the waves, document the madness, and always question the narrative. The world's elite, they've got their stories, but so do you. And in places like Bohemian Grove, where dreams meld with reality, everyone's narrative holds power."

We finally arrived at a cliff overlooking a vast expanse of desert. Thompson turned to me, "Remember, the edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."

With those parting words, the scene began to dissolve, Thompson's figure fading into the rising sun, the Impala transforming back into my trusty Nokia and toy rocket.

I stood there, once again at the crossroads of dreams and reality, with a newfound understanding. Life wasn't about distinguishing the two but about embracing the madness, questioning the stories, and finding one's own narrative amidst the chaos. And as Hunter S. Thompson had shown, sometimes the best way to document the madness was to dive headfirst into it.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The horizon began to shift, the brilliant hues of dawn giving way to a deep, blood-red sunset. A sense of foreboding filled the air. As I held onto the Nokia and the toy rocket, I felt them grow warm, almost pulsating with a life of their own.

From the distance, the faint sounds of trumpets resonated. The wind carried whispers, tales of an age drawing to its close, of cycles ending, and of a world on the brink of metamorphosis. The tech moguls, the leaders, and figures like Hunter S. Thompson, all were but players in a grand cosmic drama that was nearing its final act.

The ground trembled beneath me, and the once-familiar landscape of Bohemian Grove began to change. The massive trees started to wither, their mighty trunks crumbling to ash, revealing ancient symbols and runes that spoke of prophecies long forgotten.

Amidst the red glow, figures began to emerge. Prophets, seers, and oracles of old, their eyes filled with the weight of knowledge. They circled around me, chanting in languages lost to time, their voices weaving a tapestry of humanity's journey, its triumphs, follies, and its impending culmination.

From the midst of them stepped a woman, her presence ancient and timeless. "Child of the present, witness of the end," she began, "You stand at the nexus of realities, where dreams, prophecies, and the threads of fate converge."

I hesitated, "Is this the end of everything?"

She smiled, a blend of sorrow and hope, "Not an end, but a transformation. The world you've known, with its tech giants, its stories, its chaos, is but one chapter in the vast book of existence. And like all chapters, it must conclude to give way to what follows."

The trumpets grew louder, their haunting melody painting visions of stars fading, galaxies merging, and the very fabric of reality stretching and tearing, making way for a new cosmic order.

"But fear not," she continued, her voice a calming balm amidst the growing tumult, "for with every ending comes a new beginning. The stories you've gathered, the experiences you've lived, will seed the narrative of the world to come."

As the grove disintegrated around me, I clung to her words, finding solace in the cyclical nature of existence. The eschaton, the final event in the divine plan, wasn't just about destruction but renewal.

I awoke, the Nokia and toy rocket still in hand, but now infused with a luminous glow. The dream, the prophecy, had imparted a truth - in the face of the grand cosmic dance, with its beginnings and endings, it was the stories, the memories, and the connections that carried the essence of life forward, ensuring that nothing was ever truly lost.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The shift was subtle at first, imperceptible to the average viewer. "Wheel of Fortune" remained a staple on television screens across America, and Pat Sajak's ever-present smile and charming demeanor continued to captivate audiences. But those who watched closely, those who dared to peer beneath the surface, began to notice the changes.

The prizes on the wheel became increasingly extravagant, not just trips or cars, but experiences that defied logic: a voyage to the center of the Earth, a dinner atop an active volcano, a dance with shadows in dimensions not known to man. The contestants, once cheerful and eager, now approached the wheel with a mix of dread and fascination. They were no longer playing for material goods but for their very souls.

Whispers began to circulate online. Cryptographers noted hidden messages within the puzzles, prophecies that spoke of a world on the brink of chaos. Threads on obscure forums connected the dots: the rise in global disasters, the strange occurrences during episodes, and Pat's increasingly timeless appearance. It all pointed to one conclusion: Pat Sajak was not just a game show host. He was the Antichrist, the harbinger of the end times.

As the theory gained traction, a group of investigators, including journalists, ex-contestants, and even a former "Wheel of Fortune" producer, began to delve deeper. They uncovered archives of the show dating back centuries, long before television's invention, with Pat looking exactly the same.

The group traced the origins of the show to ancient rituals, where participants spun a wheel of destiny, making pacts and sacrifices in hopes of altering their fates. Over the ages, this ritual evolved, masking itself in the garb of entertainment, with Pat Sajak at its helm, manipulating humanity's path.

The final piece of evidence was the most damning. An ancient manuscript described the arrival of a charismatic figure, a spinner of fortunes, who would usher in an age of reckoning. The Antichrist wouldn't be a political leader or a warlord but a master of media, a puppeteer who held the world's attention.

Armed with this knowledge, the group confronted Pat on live television. The ensuing showdown was epic. Words became weapons, riddles became reality, and the very fabric of the show's set morphed and twisted. But just as the truth was about to be unveiled, the broadcast cut out, leaving viewers in stunned silence.

In the days that followed, "Wheel of Fortune" was no more, and Pat Sajak vanished without a trace. The world returned to its routines, but the memory of that fateful episode lingered. Some believed it was a hoax, a publicity stunt, while others held onto the belief that they had witnessed a cosmic battle between good and evil.

Whatever the truth, the legend of Pat Sajak, the Antichrist of game shows, became a cautionary tale, a reminder that sometimes the most unsuspecting figures could hold the keys to the world's fate.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
FB_IMG_1694043809008.jpg

Title: Oppenheimer: Quantum Unleashed

The movie starts off in a simple, biographical way, capturing the life of Robert Oppenheimer - his early childhood, his passion for science, and his journey through university. Christopher Nolan, in his signature style, masterfully laces the narrative with a somber yet intense tone, accentuated by a hauntingly beautiful score. However, this is not a mere biography, and the clues are subtly hidden in the detailed mise-en-scène, the enigmatic dialogue, and the masterful direction. It's a Nolan movie, after all.

Halfway through the movie, it suddenly takes an unexpected turn. After struggling with the morality of creating a weapon of mass destruction, Oppenheimer stumbles upon a previously overlooked part of Einstein's Theory of Relativity - an unexplored intersection of quantum physics and cosmic energy. He realizes he could harness this power not just for destructive purposes, but also to transcend his human form, obtaining powers beyond anyone's comprehension.

In the film's pivotal scene, Oppenheimer strips off his scientist's lab coat, revealing a toned physique beneath. He lifts his hands toward the sky, harnesses the power of atomic energy, and shouts, "It's Oppenheiming Time!" The entire screen vibrates with energy, echoing his proclamation, and in a blinding flash of light, he transforms.

He becomes a figure of unimaginable power, a being that can manipulate atomic energy at will. His eyes are twin supernovas, burning with the power of a million suns. He adopts the codename "Death," a grim nod to the infamous quote from the Bhagavad Gita, "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

The last half of the movie morphs into a high-octane action thriller, with Oppenheimer using his newfound powers to fight off forces that want to misuse atomic energy. The climactic battle is set against the backdrop of Los Alamos, where armies of rogue scientists, shadow organizations, and quantum aberrations are set to use the atomic bomb for nefarious purposes.

In the final scene, Oppenheimer, standing on the precipice of victory or disaster, delivers a monologue about the necessity of power and the importance of wielding it responsibly. He redirects the atomic energy of the bomb into the quantum field, saving the world and vanishing in the process.

The screen fades to black, and a quote appears, "The power of the atom was not unleashed in vain, it found a worthy master."

Oppenheimer: Quantum Unleashed is a surprising blend of biography, science fiction, and superhero action, all wrapped up in a unique Nolan-esque style that left audiences both awe-struck and questioning the limits of science and power.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the Barbie movie. The humor is extremely nuanced, and without a solid understanding of societal gender norms and the complex history of Barbie, most of the satire will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Barbie's nuanced exploration of her own objectification, which is deftly woven into her characterization - her personal philosophy draws heavily from feminist literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these commentaries, to realize that they're not just funny - they say something deep about SOCIETY. As a consequence, people who dislike the Barbie movie truly ARE unsophisticated - of course, they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the satire in Barbie's existential realization of her own artificiality, which itself is a cryptic reference to Jean Baudrillard's concept of hyperreality. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Greta Gerwig's genius wit unfolds itself on their movie screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, I DO have a Barbie tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only - and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 emotional IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

Izo

Tranny Chaser
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the Barbie movie. The humor is extremely nuanced, and without a solid understanding of societal gender norms and the complex history of Barbie, most of the satire will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Barbie's nuanced exploration of her own objectification, which is deftly woven into her characterization - her personal philosophy draws heavily from feminist literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these commentaries, to realize that they're not just funny - they say something deep about SOCIETY. As a consequence, people who dislike the Barbie movie truly ARE unsophisticated - of course, they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the satire in Barbie's existential realization of her own artificiality, which itself is a cryptic reference to Jean Baudrillard's concept of hyperreality. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Greta Gerwig's genius wit unfolds itself on their movie screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, I DO have a Barbie tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only - and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 emotional IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎
The Office Pink GIF

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
You know what, $1,000 would be enough.

Should I start the GoFundMe?

• 1Like

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
My dude if you're trapped in a cancer/hospital cycle you've all my feels.
I deal with you folks every single day. I'd spam the shit outta things just like you are if in the same situation.
Be well.

• 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Been writing today, working on building the characters / universe for the story I've been planning... at a bit of a roadblock trying to think of a reason an evil medieval king would have for murdering his own daughter, the princess... any ideas? Needs to be intelligently devious, no Mad King shenanigans. King Hoxmarch is his name (Enochian for "fear").

Standing falsely accused of the murder is Madriax Logaeth, daughter of King Logaeth, whose kingdom King Hoxmarch conquered 15 years prior, capturing Madriax to stand as his ward and whipping girl for his true born heir, Princess Rivea Hoxmarch. Madriax and Rivea were coincidentally born on the same day. They were childhood best friends until teenage drama caused them to have a rift. But then recently, before Rivea's death, the two had been seen publicly reconnecting. This public display is what has caused Madriax to stand accused.

Madriax, Paladin in training, an early intern for the Inquisitor's Guild, is placed under house arrest at the Inquisitor's Campus leading up to a trial. During her house arrest she breaks her way into the most restricted area of the Inquisitor's Library. There, she liberates several verses on necromancy, and uses them to temporarily revive Rivea. Rivea informs Madriax that it was King Hoxmarch, her father, that had her murdered.

Moments later, Inquisition Guards bust into the morgue and catch Madriax in the forbidden act of necromancy. She fights her way through them and escapes the city, the volumes on necromancy and several other useful works weighing down her saddle bags.

Which all works out beautifully excepting needing a good reason for King Hoxmarch to murder his own daughter.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
If he thought the father wasn't him, I could see a medieval king offing a child.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
If he thought the father wasn't him, I could see a medieval king offing a child.
Starting to think that there will be some cross-infidelity shenanigans, Madriax is his real daughter (he raped the queen or something) and Rivea is his illegitimate daughter.