Phoenix Freeshard - DAoC

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I'm a huge fan of Alb classes. While baseline stun was always nice on hib give me movement speed any day. Sorc is like the best of everything rolled into one if you like casters. Mentalist is close for hib but no lifetap for the lulz and no movement speed. Think bard only aoe mez hibs get? Haven't really looked through all the spell lines for the casters.
Oh right mentalist, thats it! And its true, Alb had the best classes because Friar.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Oh right mentalist, thats it! And its true, Alb had the best classes because Friar.
This. After I stopped playing EQ I went back and tried DAOC and rolled a Friar on Galahad. Some of best MMO gaming ever. Super evade and could sprint for years.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sons of bitches are making me want to play this. I fear it being like Uthgard was the last time I tried it, though...

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
This. After I stopped playing EQ I went back and tried DAOC and rolled a Friar on Galahad. Some of best MMO gaming ever. Super evade and could sprint for years.
Friar, minstrel and shield slam scout were some of the best times I had in MMO. Some aspects of PvP in Shadowbane surpassed DAoC but overall, DAoC was the best PvP mmo that I played. Certainly for small group PvP there has never been another game that comes close.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Been dicking around a bit with a Nightshade. Not sure that I'll stick to it and/or Hib yet though. For those of you playing, what do you think so far? Lowbie leveling seems easy at least

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Leveling inst bad. It definitely slows down around 35, but if you are smart and group at xp item camps, that speeds it up a lot.

Pops

Sons of bitches are making me want to play this. I fear it being like Uthgard was the last time I tried it, though...
You play now, while pop is hopping. I read they had 3800 on Sunday at prime time.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Just got done w the download. Is there an FoH guild?

Name's Tmac and I'm a bard.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Just got done w the download. Is there an FoH guild?

Name's Tmac and I'm a bard.
Really enjoying bard but currently solely spec'd for groups. Not even sure soloing on a bard is a thing. Took me ~35 levels to finally get told bards are pullers. FML I just wanted to afk, sing the songs of my people and throw out some heals.

• 1Worf

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Really enjoying bard but currently solely spec'd for groups. Not even sure soloing on a bard is a thing. Took me ~35 levels to finally get told bards are pullers. FML I just wanted to afk, sing the songs of my people and throw out some heals.

Damn.

Was wanting to ez mode finding groups, but dont want all the work haha.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
lvl 23
1L5

feels good

got a ranger and a ment

they server has fast regen, drops etc

pretty fun

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I think the UI is the most difficult thing to manage at this point. Having to click on pets I want to buff/heal is agonizing.

That and the lack of view-distance on mob names/colors.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Think i'm gonna nuke my chars and reroll alb. Hib classes just feel so uninspired =/

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Think i'm gonna nuke my chars and reroll alb. Hib classes just feel so uninspired =/
I kinda fell in love with the paladin changes so I've done something similar. Don't nuke your hib toons though. Just wait 12 hours and you can switch realms at char screen.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I kinda fell in love with the paladin changes so I've done something similar. Don't nuke your hib toons though. Just wait 12 hours and you can switch realms at char screen.
I seriously have zero attachment to them. Nuked them right after the post. Leveling a sorc/cleric depending on if I can find a group with one or the other.