Pit bulls - The Breed of Peace

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Run it over, shove the broomstick down it's throat. All these people in and out of the houses, get a fucking knife. The worst part of these dog attack video's are the dumb poor people that don't know wtf to even begin to do.

Funny, I said basically the exact same thing last time the thread got bumped and I got called "one of those cringy faggots who pretends to be be some master fighter on the internet.".

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Funny, I said basically the exact same thing last time the thread got bumped and I got called "one of those cringy faggots who pretends to be be some master fighter on the internet.".
I don't recall, but I guess it's all in the phrasing. Kinda like wizardhawks last he'd fisticuff people to the death over a slight spat.

• 1Salty

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Run it over, shove the broomstick down it's throat. All these people in and out of the houses, get a fucking knife. The worst part of these dog attack video's are the dumb poor people that don't know wtf to even begin to do.
Fuck that, i just got a new inner wheel well, postman gonna have to hop hop to deliver mail! (actually didn't install it yet, waiting on those stupid plastic tabs to come in)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't recall, but I guess it's all in the phrasing. Kinda like wizardhawks last he'd fisticuff people to the death over a slight spat.

Fisticuffs! But yeah, you control the back legs. Even If it doesn't release in response to being wheelbarrowed, you've taken away a lot of it's mauling leverage. If you can't keep the sumbitch elevated then put both hands on one leg and start twisting until tendons start snapping. Dog hind legs aren't built to accommodate much in the way of transverse movement. If you're a big dude and you don't mind the risk of getting bitten yourself (i.e. protecting someone important to you) you can just flop on top of the dog to try and pin him and at least restrict his ability to whip his head back and forth.

That's how I had to restrain a neurotic german shepherd once, i basically had to lie down across her, pinning her torso to the ground with mine while controlling her head, so that the vet could treat her.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My mom owned Baku's (my dog) sister. Baku died almost 3 years ago when a tumor in his chest ruptured and his belly cavity was filling with blood from that rupture. He was going to internally bleed out, even though all of the blood was still in his body. It just wasn't going where it was supposed to go.

Anyway, Coco, my mom's pit, had a similar issue over Christmas. She had a tumor in her intestines that ruptured, which also caused her intestines to rupture at the same time. It was pretty bad, and spread bacteria all through her body. They said there was a 50/50 chance that doing surgery would save her life, so she went under the knife on Christmas night. Everything appeared to go well. My mom stopped over at the hospital to see how she was doing on the 26th. She was groggy from the pain medicine, but still responsive. Then on the 27th, shit started to go down hill quickly. The doctor had a 2nd dog available to give her a blood transfusion with. It helped stabilize her, but only temporarily. A few hours later, her vitals plummeted yet again and she passed. I feel pretty bad. They were good dogs. I'm sorry that my mom spent so much money on a false hope this veterinary hospital gave her. My wife, a nurse, said that when similar things happen to people, you have MAYBE a 20% chance of survival. And we're a lot hardier than a dog is.
That was quick. She contacted me the other day saying that on Friday she picked up a new dog. Well, new to her. It's a 6 year old pit mix that was in a hospital. Not for an injury or whatever... the SPCA was full and the hospital had space. It stayed there for 2 years (they didn't advertise the dog was there), and her friend found out about it. Sure enough, it was about to get euthanized, so my mom took it home free of charge. She now has a 6 year old pit mix that's very docile (her word) and doesn't ever bark. I'll let you know how everything goes.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
sugarbean.jpg

Here are our viscous savages.... This was last week and around 48 hours after getting home from getting fixed.

• 5Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 5 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
People need to man up like that dude who killed a mountain lion or bobcat or whatever it was the other week when it attacked him. If not, sucks to be a pussy.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
People need to man up like that dude who killed a mountain lion or bobcat or whatever it was the other week when it attacked him. If not, sucks to be a pussy.
i like how ppl downplay that it was a "young" mountainlion "ONLY" 40lbs and hungry. He mounted it's back and chocked it out by shoving his wrist in it's mouth.

Crisco

A greasy jar
sugarbean.jpg

Here are our viscous savages.... This was last week and around 48 hours after getting home from getting fixed.
Shoutout to the lovsac chair. Nothing better than washing your furniture.

• 1Solidarity

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Shoutout to the lovsac chair. Nothing better than washing your furniture.

Yes, and the fact that if you get tired of the color you just buy new covers for FAR less than a new couch. We have that Sactional along two walls of our den. Have had it a dozen years. Washed the covers just this weekend in fact. Only gripe is the stitching isn't great and has come asunder and had to be repaired.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
It's a shame that the article doesn't touch on the events leading up to the mauling. If that mother let her kid run up to the dog without asking the owner then it's mostly her own fault. Anyway this emotional support animal nonsense should be retired.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
It's a shame that the article doesn't touch on the events leading up to the mauling. If that mother let her kid run up to the dog without asking the owner then it's mostly her own fault. Anyway this emotional support animal nonsense should be retired.
the article did say that

kid asked the woman if she could pet the dog, and she did

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Fair enough.
well to elaborate, the 5yr old was being watched by her 13yr old brother, the adults went to get food n sheet.

poor brother gonna blame himself for life.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
You all are silly...the bitch had an "Emotional Support" dog that wasn't trained in "Emotional Support" and should have been caged...like every other fucking animal that passes through an airport. This emotional support dog was special because it's owner is a twat and likely didn't want to pay the pet fee so they got a "DOCTORS NOTE" (in the same manner as everyone else in Cali did for medical weed back in the day) and then took the pet on a flight.

All because the owner was a moron / hippie / cheap-ass their dog could possibly be put to sleep.

Fuck her and fuck people who abuse exceptions to rules just to be twats.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
You all are silly...the bitch had an "Emotional Support" dog that wasn't trained in "Emotional Support" and should have been caged...like every other fucking animal that passes through an airport. This emotional support dog was special because it's owner is a twat and likely didn't want to pay the pet fee so they got a "DOCTORS NOTE" (in the same manner as everyone else in Cali did for medical weed back in the day) and then took the pet on a flight.

All because the owner was a moron / hippie / cheap-ass their dog could possibly be put to sleep.

Fuck her and fuck people who abuse exceptions to rules just to be twats.

well duh it was obvious a pit bull isn't a real working dog, she most likely bought a cute yellow vest (that DOESN'T SAY SHIT). But the airlines can't do shit about it b/c the ADA will sue you into bankruptcy if you even question what type of service animal it is.

• 1Like