Pit bulls - The Breed of Peace

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Airlines do have restrictions on emotional support animals. Its when you claim that it's a "service" animal that you can't do shit.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Dogs should always be in a fucking cage in the airport and should only be allowed to be checked, in a cage. Was on a flight not too long ago where some faggot had his dog out and just let it on the ground and walk around. Was like wtf is this real life?

Also this thread is nuts, pitbulls should be exterminated. This thread makes it reallll easy to decipher who the Pablo's are around here.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It's a shame that the article doesn't touch on the events leading up to the mauling. If that mother let her kid run up to the dog without asking the owner then it's mostly her own fault. Anyway this emotional support animal nonsense should be retired.
Thats not good logic. Pretty sure I would be arrested if I bit and mauled a person that unexpected came into my personal space.
the bitch had an "Emotional Support" dog that wasn't trained in "Emotional Support"
There is no trianing. ESAs are not a recongized thing under the ADA and even if it was a service dog there is zero training, certification or registering them. Any dog you say is a service dog is by law a service dog regardless if you have had the dog for a second or a year. Its the most abuse-able law ever. I bet the person who wrote the ADA is laughing their ass off if they are still alive.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Thats not good logic. Pretty sure I would be arrested if I bit and mauled a person that unexpected came into my personal space.
Where's the logic of comparing a child moving into the space of a normal person vs unknown dog? If a parent lets their child run up to a large dog that they don't know, without asking then they're the one risking the life of the child. Some dogs don't react well to being suddenly approached by a stranger and there isn't much that the walker can do if a little kid dashes up to their animal suddenly. In cases like those I have more sympathy for the dog owner and the child than the parent.

In this case they did ask and the dog did what it did and should be put down. Also emotional support animals are still absurd, take a Valium or something.

Last edited:

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Whats the logic of comparing a normal person to an unknown dog?
Because if you replace dog with person thats gonna result in an assault charge every single time. Its simply illogical to not hold the dog's owner accountable.

Some dogs don't react well to being suddenly approached
Sorry but thats a horribly trained dog. If you cant trust your dog not to attack anyone that might startle or get too close to it, it has zero business being out in society, especially in incredibly busy and chaotic spaces such as airports.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gask

Because if you replace dog with person thats gonna result in an assault charge every single time. Its simply illogical to not hold the dog's owner accountable.
So you want someone to be charged with criminal intent to harm someone who was just minding their own business until negligence on the part of a parent and youthful ignorance converge one day to destroy their life, gotcha. If you never train your kid to look both ways before crossing a street is that the drivers fault when that kid walks into a car?
Sorry but thats a horribly trained dog. If you cant trust your dog not to attack anyone that might startle or get too close to it, it has zero business being out in society, especially in incredibly busy and chaotic spaces such as airports.
I fully agree that the dog shouldn't have been outside of a crate sure. Apart from that things aren't always so clear cut. My grandfather was a sweet man, WWII vet, wouldn't harm a soul but if something woke him up in the night the wrong way he was in another place at another time. Sometimes an animal can also snap and it's just as much of a surprise to the owner as the victim.

• 2Picard

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Neighborhood I lived in in FL while I was going to university had a certain house with two pitbulls. These filthy animals routinely broke out of their backyard and killed other neighborhood pets on like 6 separate occasions. Like 4 indoor/outdoor cats. Broke into someone elses backyard and killed both their small dogs... all kinds of shit. But because it was an, "accident" the animal control people couldn't do anything. Even though they killed other animals and destroyed property. They were brokeass shitbags so you couldn't sue them for damages either. Shitbags wouldn't even keep them indoors because they, "make a mess."

I moved out shortly after but 99% of people I have encountered with dogs shouldn't have them. You should be 100% liable for what your dog does. Dogs are chattel property like all livestock. The whole, "I'm so sorry my untrained worthless dog killed your pets" and have that be a reasonable defense against anything happening to you over it is literally absurd.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So you want someone to be charged with criminal intent to harm someone who was just minding their own business until negligence on the part of a parent and youthful ignorance converge one day to destroy their life, gotcha. If you never train your kid to look both ways before crossing a street is that the drivers fault when that kid walks into a car?

I fully agree that the dog shouldn't have been outside of a crate sure. There are however circumstances to consider in this life of ours. My grandfather was a sweet man, WWII vet, wouldn't harm a soul but if something woke him up in the night the wrong way he was in another place at another time. Sometimes an animal can also snap and it's just as much of a surprise to the owner as the victim.

No. You need to be 100% liable for what your piece of shit animals does. Fuck that bullshit. Maybe someone will take 10 seconds and actually question whether they should have one or not then.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
So you want someone to be charged with criminal intent to harm someone who was just minding their own business until negligence on the part of a parent and youthful ignorance converge one day to destroy their life, gotcha.
Yes. If Im minding my own business and a toddler bumps into me or touches something of mine and I bite the toddler in response my ass is going to jail. I cant claim "well gee I didnt realize it was a toddler I just reacted!".

I moved out shortly after but 99% of people I have encountered with dogs shouldn't have them.
Truer words have never been spoken. Almost all of them treat them like kids which result in very badly behaved dogs.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gask

Yes. If Im minding my own business and a toddler bumps into me or touches something of mine and I bite the toddler in response my ass is going to jail. If you cant control your dog and its likely it will lash out at a mere unexpected petting or bump into it then you should be held responsible.
My point, which you seem to not understand, was that sometimes an otherwise sweet dog who has never demonstrated any aggression can sometimes react unexpectedly. What then? I guess tough luck right.

• 1Picard

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
My point, which you seem to not understand, was that sometimes an otherwise sweet dog who has never demonstrated any aggression can sometimes react unexpectedly. What then? I guess tough luck right.

Yes tough luck. Get fucked.

• 2Like
  • 2Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Yeah tough luck. Ive never been arrested in my life, havent even gotten a speeding ticket. Do I get a get out of jail free card good for 1 punch on a kid when they brush up against me or touch me?

No obviously. Im always held accountable for my actions regardless of the situation, so should you beheld liable for what your property does.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Maul

Dental Dammer
Yep, tough luck asshole.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Gask

Yeah tough luck. Ive never been arrested in my life, havent even gotten a speeding ticket. Do I get a get out of jail free card good for 1 punch on a kid when they brush up against me or touch me?

No obviously. And you should be liable when your dog bites and mauls someone simply because they pet it or got too close to it.
Just to be clear I've said that I have more sympathy for an owner than a parent in a specific circumstance. That aside, of course restitution should be made in the event of a mauling. I just don't think that punishing someone as if they intentionally committed a violent crime when they didn't is appropriate. You disagree, fine.

• 1Picard
  • 1Barf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just to be clear I've said that I have more sympathy for an owner than a parent in a specific circumstance. That aside, of course restitution should be made in the event of a mauling. I just don't think that punishing someone as if they intentionally committed a violent crime when they didn't is appropriate. You disagree, fine.

Given how many broke ass shitbags have shitty dogs, restitution is often impossible and all you get is, "I'm really sorry my dog attacked/killed your [child/pet/property]. No hard feelings, he didn't mean it you know?" That's what the assholes in my old neighborhood did. Every single time. Meanwhile said asshole does literally nothing to prevent this behavior in the future.

Getting a felony and 5 years probation for it may convince them otherwise.

• 3Like

Gask

Given how many broke ass shitbags have shitty dogs, restitution is often impossible and all you get is, "I'm really sorry my dog attacked/killed your [child/pet/property]. No hard feelings, he didn't mean it you know?" That's what the assholes in my old neighborhood did. Every single time. Meanwhile said asshole does literally nothing to prevent this behavior in the future.

Getting a felony and 5 years probation for it may convince them otherwise.
That's terrible and you're right something should've been done about that.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That's terrible and you're right something should've been done about that.

Authorities were unable to do shit. These people couldn't/wouldn't pay restitution for a single thing their animals did.

So, what is the remedy here? Because in that area the one prescribed was, "We are really sorry." Otherwise, suck it up. I say make it hurt if your worthless mutts cause damage. Punish these people. Then they'll reconsider their position on having cool and untrained but, "tough" dogs.

Dog ever attacks me it's getting beat to death right there on the spot or shot in the head. Right in front of their owner.

• 2Like

Gask

Authorities were unable to do shit. They couldn't/wouldn't pay restitution for a single thing their animals did.

So, what is the remedy here? Because in that area the one prescribed was, "We are really sorry." Otherwise, suck it up. I say make it hurt if your worthless mutts cause damage. Punish these people. Then they'll reconsider their position on having cool and untrained but, "tough" dogs.
I've had dogs all my life and I've trained them well, never had a problem with anyone. I've never owned a pit bull nor have I ever wanted to. I was originally talking about a leashed dog but it's wrong that you had to go through all of that, it sounds like someone could've easily been hurt. I'm not sure what the laws are like there but could someone have shot the animals for running amuck on their property?

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

Pops

Parole Denied to Ex-Lawyer Serving Life After Her Dog Attacked, Killed Her Neighbor in San Francisco

Death of Diane Whipple - Wikipedia

hqdefault.jpg

On January 26, 2001, after returning home with bags of groceries, Whipple was attacked by the two dogs in the hallway of her apartment building. The dogs were cared for by neighbors Marjorie Knoller and her husband Robert Noel. Knoller, who was known for holding aggressively homophobic views, stood by and did nothing.[4][5]

The dogs' actual owner, Paul Schneider, was a high-ranking member of the prison gang the Aryan Brotherhood who was serving a life sentence in Pelican Bay State Prison. Schneider and his cellmate Dale Bretches were attempting to start an illegal Presa Canario dog-fighting business from prison. They initially asked acquaintances Janet Coumbs and Hard Times Kennel owner/breeder James Kolber of Akron, Ohio to raise the dogs during their incarceration. Against Kolber's advice, Coumbs chained the dogs in a remote corner of the farm, which caused them to become even more aggressive. After Coumbs fell out of favor with Schneider,[5] attorneys Noel and Knoller agreed to take possession of the dogs. They had become acquainted with Schneider while doing legal work for prisoners, and had adopted Schneider (then age 38) as their legal son a few days before the mauling. Bane, the larger of the dogs, weighed 140 pounds (64 kg).[6]

• 4WTF
Reactions: 3 users