Pit bulls - The Breed of Peace

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I'd think you can't hold them criminally responsible unless you can prove it was intentional. Negligent is one thing, criminal no.
Tell that to the parents of kids killed by dogs who "out of the blue" freaked out.

Did you intentionally harbor an animal that killed/attacked someone? I'd tend to look at it that way. You're an accessory.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's funny how many ignorant people there are in this thread. Pit Bulls are no less likely to attack than any other breed of Terrier, which are, admittedly, a more aggressive breed of dog. But it ultimately does come down to the owner, both raising him right and not allowing for stupid things to happen. I wouldn't allow any breed of dog around children unsupervised, pit or not, and any parent who allows their child around a dog unsupervised is every bit as criminally/civilly negligent as the owner of the dog if something happens.

Zitar

Silver Knight of the Realm
It seems like all the dogs that lend themselves to violent attacks have one thing in common, being bred for their aggression. I just don't see how you can say it's not the breed when they have been selectively breed for their aggression. Pitbulls especially since they are the go to fighting dog in America.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Then again I never touch a dog who I couldn't beat in a fight.
Physic-Brummy1.jpg

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cinge wouldnt put down a dog that randomly attacks people?
Where did that come from? Tuco asked bout criminal responsibility of the owner. Nothing was asked about the dog, nor did I mention anything about the dog. Read better.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Pit bulls were bred as fighting dogs, and to specifically NOT telegraph that they were about to go ballistic, or that they were scared, etc. I mean, it is in their evolution. If you're going to own one, you better be near a dog-whisperer, not some white-trash asshole in a trailer. It's not the dogs fault they are how they are, but I can certainly blame an owner who treats a pit bull exactly the same as they would a beagle or collie, which was bred for a completely different purpose.

These people who don't know the difference are basically swinging a real sharp sword around thinking it's nerf-bat.

VariaVespasa_sl

shitlord
You really can't correlate a dog's size with its penchant for attacking anyone. I'm fairly sure I could smear an infant in peanut butter and bacon fat around my dogs and it would be in less danger than asleep alone in a crib.
You realise that there were at least 4,712 fatal lickings in the US alone last year, right?.... :p

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
rrr_img_97200.jpg

If she could have she'd have eaten me and everyone I care about.

But she couldn't because she's a hog.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
If she could have she'd have eaten me and everyone I care about.

But she couldn't because she's a hog.
Reminds me of our second dog growing up...pure bred dachshund who I am 99% sure was medically retarded. He died from chewing through the container we kept his food in and eating until he was beyond the point of no return.. Fat fuck did it on a Sunday night too, so we got to pay extra for the vet to put him out of his misery.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Reminds me of our second dog growing up...pure bred dachshund who I am 99% sure was medically retarded. He died from chewing through the container we kept his food in and eating until he was beyond the point of no return.. Fat fuck did it on a Sunday night too, so we got to pay extra for the vet to put him out of his misery.
Doesn't sound like a bad way to go, honestly.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
We'll eventually lose some posters here in the same fashion.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Someone mentioned it earlier but I don't understand people who have dogs in very confined places. I lived for 3 months in an apartment at the start of the year after moving to a new city and the business paid for it. Having never lived in an apartment I was really suprised that approximately 75% of people in them had a very large dog and they took them out for about 5 minutes at most each day to walk in the dog park at the complex. Even odder was was manaer saying she owned 4 dogs that were on the banned list (all pit bulls) because she didn't make enough to live in the apartments and thus needed protection...ok then. She said that's why so many people in the apartments had them. Well most people were like me doing short term 3-6 month leases after a transfer until they found a house. They had a $100k per year requirement to even live there, gated and had a real life attendant at the gate 24/7 so delivery drivers had to stop and he would call you and ask if they should be let in. Not really what I would call a low crime area. I worked 3 minutes away and my boss told me of a house between the two for rent. Yeah I really wanted to pay $16k/month in rent.

Poor dogs. Didn't udnerstand it.

Zitar

Silver Knight of the Realm
Most the apartments around here have size and breed restrictions. My HOA also has them and here in the Phoenix area pretty much every nice subdivision built in the last 30 years has a HOA. What I don't get is most homeowners insurances won't cover you if you have certain breeds. Since you need insurance if you have a mortgage do all these people with pitbulls live in the ghetto and rent?