Pit bulls - The Breed of Peace

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Pretty fucked-up video of a pit that got into some lady's house and tore up her cat. You've been warned.

Thats a happy dog. Guessing she lets the cat out all the time, and they dog would smell or see it and then never catch it. Well . . . guess he finally caught it! Lol. I didnt record it, but my mastiff used to throw animals in the air and catch them. Of course the animal would freak the fuck out and he would think they were playing . . . so he would keep doing it until he broken enough bones to kill them or they died of a heart attack.

Good to know this thread is still ppl talking about dogs they have never owned.

Its almost like the dog is demonized for some reason . . . prolly b/c black people own them. Or maybe they represent a higher amount of shittyness b/c black people own them?

This thread feels racist.

Last I checked pits didnt have that strong of a bite . . . so I decided to refresh, and not even in the top 5:

Top 10 Dogs You should not Mess With: Strongest Dog Bites

Ban all dogs. Only way to be safe. Can store them with the plastic knives the UK is confiscating.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Quaid

Trump's Staff
No animal over 20 lbs should be legal to own within urban areas, period. Either that or there should be significant licensing & taxes associated with them.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Thats a happy dog. Guessing she lets the cat out all the time, and they dog would smell or see it and then never catch it. Well . . . guess he finally caught it! Lol. I didnt record it, but my mastiff used to throw animals in the air and catch them. Of course the animal would freak the fuck out and he would think they were playing . . . so he would keep doing it until he broken enough bones to kill them or they died of a heart attack.

Its almost like the dog is demonized for some reason . . . prolly b/c black people own them. Or maybe they represent a higher amount of shittyness b/c black people own them?

Last I checked pits didnt have that strong of a bite . . . so I decided to refresh, and not even in the top 5:

Ban all dogs. Only way to be safe. Can store them with the plastic knives the UK is confiscating.
Confirmed pit owning American Inventor

• 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande

It's bloody #8, which when you consider there are 100+ dog breeds is pretty relevant, particularly when it's combined with an aggressive disposition. I don't have to "own" a tiger to know it's dangerous man. Look at the stats-- Pitbulls are responsible for the overwhelming proportion of dog attacks, which says a lot when there are 100+ dog breeds out there. Personally, when you have so much other CHOICE, there's just no excuse to choose a breed that is so potentially dangerous.

IMHO, I'm ok with keeping pitbulls legal, just make the owner responsible for any injury the dog has caused-- no civilly, but criminally. The dude whose pitbull latched onto that women's foot? Charge the guy with assault with a deadly weapon. Let's see how many pitbull owners we have after owners are held accountable.

No animal over 20 lbs should be legal to own within urban areas, period. Either that or there should be significant licensing & taxes associated with them.

Meh, 20lbs is too low. There are plenty of large dog breeds that aren't dangerous, like a Great Dane. My English Bulldog weighed 55lbs-- a breed voted "best with children" and totally harmless unless you decided to try and remove food from is mouth.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
It's bloody #8, which when you consider there are 100+ dog breeds is pretty relevant, particularly when it's combined with an aggressive disposition. I don't have to "own" a tiger to know it's dangerous man. Look at the stats-- Pitbulls are responsible for the overwhelming proportion of dog attacks, which says a lot when there are 100+ dog breeds out there. Personally, when you have so much other CHOICE, there's just no excuse to choose a breed that is so potentially dangerous.

IMHO, I'm ok with keeping pitbulls legal, just make the owner responsible for any injury the dog has caused-- no civilly, but criminally. The dude whose pitbull latched onto that women's foot? Charge the guy with assault with a deadly weapon. Let's see how many pitbull owners we have after owners are held accountable.

Meh, 20lbs is too low. There are plenty of large dog breeds that aren't dangerous, like a Great Dane. My English Bulldog weighed 55lbs-- a breed voted "best with children" and totally harmless unless you decided to try and remove food from is mouth.

How dangerous they are is only one factor. There’s all kinds of other externalities your neighbours bear because you (not necessarily YOU) own a large animal in an urban setting. From noise pollution to actual pollution in the form of uncollected feces, large dogs have no place in non-rural environments.

Part of my property taxes goes to paying to keep unwanted large animals in cages, and euthanize others. This is unacceptable. It’s a ridiculous cost we take on as a society because some people insist on having mans-best-friend feels.

20lbs might even be too big. If the thing makes turds bigger than a goose or raccoon makes it should probably be on a farm somewhere.

Last edited:

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
How dangerous they are is only one factor. There’s all kinds of other externalities your neighbours bear because you (not necessarily YOU) own a large animal in an urban setting. From noise pollution to actual pollution in the form of uncollected feces, large dogs have no place in non-rural environments.

Part of my property taxes goes to paying to keep unwanted animals in cages, and euthanize others. This is unacceptable. It’s a ridiculous cost we take on as a society because some people insist on having mans-best-friend feels.

In terms of noise pollution smaller dogs are overwhelmingly louder than larger dogs.. Fucking Pomeranians and other rat-dogs like small terriers bark fucking endlessly. Also I really don't think the "size" of dog turds should be a prohibiting factor in owning a dog, whether the dog turd my neighbor left on my lawn is small or large really makes no difference lol..

I can agree that having to pay for animal control services out of your taxes is irksome, but again I don't see what relevance the size of the dog has to that issue. Go to the SPCA and you'll see just as many rat dogs giving you puppy dog eyes from behind their cage bars as large dogs do.

IMHO, it's all about aggression levels. If your breed was designed to fight, then it's not a good urban breed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Noise pollution - Small dogs tend to be kept indoors more often than large, dampening the impacts of their barking. Also, the distance a large dog's bark carries is much further than that of a small dog. More distance = more people affected.

Feces size - If the feces of an animal is the size of wildlife already in the area, there’s really no impact on anyone. In particular, the droppings of urban sized animals are typically small enough to wash away in precipitation, or is so small that it goes largely unnoticed. I also pay tax dollars in the form of people cleaning local parks of manicotti-sized canine droppings left there by 'bad owners'. (I always find this statement hilarious - most people are fucking retards. It then stands to reason that most dog owners are bad dog owners.)

Large animals in captivity - from cage size, to caloric intake, to the amounts of drugs needed to heal or to euthanize them, large dogs cost far more when in the care of the state than small dogs.

I can’t think of a single good argument for owning a large (20lbs+) dog in an urban setting that cannot be achieved through owning a small dog. They also have the added bonus of being able to get their shit kicked in by the average 7 year old if necessary.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I can’t think of a single good argument for owning a large (20lbs+) dog in an urban setting

The argument is that its my house and if I train my dog not to bark and I clean up his fece's, then passing laws to punish all dog owners based on bad ones is stupid as fuck.

• 2Solidarity

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The argument is that its my house and if I train my dog not to bark and I clean up his fece's, then passing laws to punish all dog owners based on bad ones is stupid as fuck.

Then keep your dog on your fucking property at all times.

Last edited:

khalid

Unelected Mod
Then keep on dog on your fucking property at all times.

No, I should be able to do what I want as long as it is not infringing on you. Me walking my dog is not infringing on you.

If you are so scared of dogs that can't handle me walking my dog nearby you or taking him to the park, maybe you should just stay inside at all times.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Quaid

Trump's Staff
No, I should be able to do what I want as long as it is not infringing on you. Me walking my dog is not infringing on you.

If you are so scared of dogs that can't handle me walking my dog nearby you or taking him to the park, maybe you should just stay inside at all times.

I just made a big list on how you owning a large animal in an urban setting, when smaller options are available, has totally unnecessary external impacts on your neighbours and the community as a whole.

But dog moms gonna dog mom.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I just made a big list on how you owning a large animal in an urban setting, when smaller options are available, has totally unnecessary external impacts on your neighbours and the community as a whole.

But dog moms gonna dog mom.

Your list was stupid, as I pointed out. It only applies to bad dog owners and there are also already laws that exist to stop people from doing stuff like that. You aren't coming at this from a rational point of you, are coming at it from someone on a crusade to get rid of "scary" dogs.

Just because something bothers you, that does not mean a law should exist for it. You sound like a nannystate crusader on this. "Gotta be a law!". No really, there doesn't.

• 2Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Noise pollution - Small dogs tend to be kept indoors more often than large, dampening the impacts of their barking. Also, the distance a large dog's bark carries is much further than that of a small dog. More distance = more people affected.

Feces size - If the feces of an animal is the size of wildlife already in the area, there’s really no impact on anyone. In particular, the droppings of urban sized animals are typically small enough to wash away in precipitation, or is so small that it goes largely unnoticed. I also pay tax dollars in the form of people cleaning local parks of manicotti-sized canine droppings left there by 'bad owners'. (I always find this statement hilarious - most people are fucking retards. It then stands to reason that most dog owners are bad dog owners.)

Large animals in captivity - from cage size, to caloric intake, to the amounts of drugs needed to heal or to euthanize them, large dogs cost far more when in the care of the state than small dogs.

I can’t think of a single good argument for owning a large (20lbs+) dog in an urban setting that cannot be achieved through owning a small dog. They also have the added bonus of being able to get their shit kicked in by the average 7 year old if necessary.

Dude I'm sorry, have you owned dogs? My ex-neigbors had two boston terriers that would bark all day in the yard, running in and out of their doggie-door. You don't need some tied up large dog outside to be exposed to barking.. Small dogs run in and out with their doggie doors all day.

Dog feces size and the incremental cost of the SPCA has of feeding the large dog an extra cup of bargain basement kibble a day aren't good reasons to ban any dog over 20lbs. Maybe we should ban long haired breeds too, since the SPCA has to exert extra efforts in grooming?

None of things you listed justify banning dogs over 20lbs. A dog prone to snapping femurs like twigs? That's a good reason. I mean you're basically proposing banning Labrador Retrievers here, one of the most popular and "family friendly' dog breeds.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Dude I'm sorry, have you owned dogs? My ex-neigbors had two boston terriers that would bark all day in the yard, running in and out of their doggie-door. You don't need some tied up large dog outside to be exposed to barking.. Small dogs run in and out with their doggie doors all day.

Dog feces size and the incremental cost of the SPCA has of feeding the large dog an extra cup of bargain basement kibble a day aren't good reasons to ban any dog over 20lbs. Maybe we should ban long haired breeds too, since the SPCA has to exert extra efforts in grooming?

None of things you listed justify banning dogs over 20lbs. A dog prone to snapping femurs like twigs? That's a good reason. I mean you're basically proposing banning Labrador Retrievers here, one of the most popular and "family friendly' dog breeds.

I also suggested that owners of large breeds could pay, through taxes and licensing, for the negative externalities they force their neighbours to bear, rather than an outright ban.

I find this a reasonable option too.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Your list was stupid, as I pointed out. It only applies to bad dog owners and there are also already laws that exist to stop people from doing stuff like that. You aren't coming at this from a rational point of you, are coming at it from someone on a crusade to get rid of "scary" dogs.

Just because something bothers you, that does not mean a law should exist for it. You sound like a nannystate crusader on this. "Gotta be a law!". No really, there doesn't.

I don’t really care about how 'scary' dogs are. I care about how disgusting they, and very often their owners, tend to be.

• 1Picard
  • 1Salty

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I hope some Mexicans move in next door to you with a rooster so you can get some perspective you whiny fuck.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

khalid

Unelected Mod
I don’t really care about how 'scary' dogs are. I care about how disgusting they, and very often their owners, tend to be.

Thank you for revealing the real reasons. It has nothing to do with the externalities you mentioned, but that you find dogs "disgusting". Just because you do not like something or find it disgusting, is not a sufficient reason for a law. Your list is just an attempt to come up with a rational reason for this.

I dislike motorcycles. I consider them dangerous, they are easy to miss, there are even studies showing that drivers can easily miss them in traffic as they are expecting things the size of cars. Even minor fenderbenders that would barely hurt a car can lead to fatal motorcycle accidents.

Should they be banned? No, if I do not like them, I can personally not fucking ride them. I can pay attention when I'm driving and fucking deal with it. Like you should deal with dogs being near you.

• 1Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I do.

I'm fucking tired of walking my dog and having other dogs charge at it. Luckily the only big dog that's done it seemed more curious than anything, but it still makes me nervous. If I ever get a pitbull charging, I'm not entirely sure what I'll do.

And unfortunately now my dog has become extremely timid. Earlier this week while walking her, we rounded the corner and saw someone walking their dogs and she stopped dead in her tracks and look at me like, "Oh fuck, not this again."

But I guess the reality is it's more shitty dog owners. People suck at keeping their dogs either on leash or on their own property.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Thank you for revealing the real reasons. It has nothing to do with the externalities you mentioned, but that you find dogs "disgusting". Just because you do not like something or find it disgusting, is not a sufficient reason for a law. Your list is just an attempt to come up with a rational reason for this.

I dislike motorcycles. I consider them dangerous, they are easy to miss, there are even studies showing that drivers can easily miss them in traffic as they are expecting things the size of cars. Even minor fenderbenders that would barely hurt a car can lead to fatal motorcycle accidents.

Should they be banned? No, if I do not like them, I can personally not fucking ride them. I can pay attention when I'm driving and fucking deal with it. Like you should deal with dogs being near you.

I think you are misinterpreting what I mean by 'disgusting' to ascribe motives to me that you’ve defined, rather than what I’ve stated.

I’m disgusted by noise pollution caused by large dogs.
I’m disgusted by their feces in public.
I’m disgusted by the taxes levied against my property for their care.
I’m disgusted by the violence they inflict on people.
I’m disgusted by owners who cruelly keep large dogs in homes or on parcels of land that are too small.

All of these societal costs are nearly entirely mitigated by a weight limitation on pets, and you can STILL HAVE DOGS. Literally zero down side other than the shape and colour of the animal you get to keep within city limits.

If my neighbour can keep a Great Dane in his yard, why can’t I keep a donkey? A sheep? A llama?