Pit bulls - The Breed of Peace

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
^^^ My wife had one when she was young. The dog hated her brother, used to go into his bed and shit in it. Also pissed on his towels in the bathroom. Just his, never anyone elses. I LULEd.
dog was tellin the lazy fuck to pick up his towels

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yea when i had my dog, a big chow/sheppard, i don't know how i would have dealt with a pit attacking.

probably the same way i dealt with a little shitzhu on the loose.

this little yapping shit got free and was running at us, my dog would have teared him up, cuz he gives zero fucks, so i pull him behind me as he was growling.

little shit is still running at us, so i kicked it michael vick style

that little shit flew and made this horrendous yelp

there was only two scenerios in my mind if that little shit engaged, he'd be bitten in half by my dog, or that little shit would bit my dogs balls or something (cuz i would be restraining my doggo)

man that old lady was not happy, but whatever, imo it's open season on loose dogs.

• 1Worf

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Getting mauled by dogs is great, I had so much money when I was a kid and Magic came out!

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Pit bulls are owned by people and wakandans aren't therefore that argument isn't very valid. Maybe if you can find some stats that show pit bull fatalities when raised properly vs other dogs, since i'd be willing to bet the majority of those attacks and fatalities are by dogs owned by white trash and dindus.

Edit: Pit bulls also aren't anywhere near the meanest/shittiest dogs, IMO, just because of fatalities. It just happens that most of the extremely shitty dogs are too small to actually kill people.

scoreboard don't lie, bro

but it's sort of like how most mass shootings in america are committed by white men, but most white men do not commit mass shootings.

• 1Salty

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
We have (what we think, at least) a half staffordshire bull-terrier/basenji mix. He has lots of energy, can be wary of strangers at 1st, but is quite lovable.

Each individual animal is different tho, I agree with Xarpolis.

I remember him linking a video back in the day (might have been in the morenetz/rerolled age) where he had Baku eating from his bowl and he put his and his baby's hand in. That dog was gentle as fuck.
Yup, that's Baku.

That's the playlist of all of the videos I took of him. The eating one with the hand is video #25.

Last edited:

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Everyone in this thread is required by law to run life-long experiments of their own devising which are intended to test where the lines of nature and nurture actually exist.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
When you own an animal and have since it was born, you know said animals attitude. You know what they are capable of doing. I fully trusted Baku, because he NEVER did anything "acting out" to say otherwise. Except maybe running around in the yard when we ask him to come back in. But that's a dog thing. I fully trusted him around people. Other animals, he would be an aggressive player. Not mean, just more aggressive than some other dogs liked. But despite that, he knew hands down that people > him. He didn't dare test those boundaries.

But again, your mileage may vary. If we ever purchased another pitbull in the future, who's to say it would be as docile as Baku was? I would certainly need to see exactly how he operates on a constant basis before I allowed him around either of the children.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I have two pits, one is 80 lbs, the other is 40lbs. Both are the most lovable pains in the ass's I've ever owned.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
If it drew blood from a human you could’ve made them put it down.

depends on the state. where I live you get 2 till they can force you to put it down. You will be getting sued on the first go for sure.

My dog doesnt go for flesh she bites pants right at the crotch, and pulls waiting for you to give slack so she can re-grip even closer to the junk. You have never seen such fear as a scum bag worried he is gonna lose his dong and at least one nut. She has only ever gone after trespasser who were obvious no-good-nicks and held them til I explained they were never to come back round here.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I find it hilarious how many single mothers have pits. I always like to think they like to be reminded of their piece of shit exs.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
yea when i had my dog, a big chow/sheppard, i don't know how i would have dealt with a pit attacking.

probably the same way i dealt with a little shitzhu on the loose.

this little yapping shit got free and was running at us, my dog would have teared him up, cuz he gives zero fucks, so i pull him behind me as he was growling.

little shit is still running at us, so i kicked it michael vick style

that little shit flew and made this horrendous yelp

there was only two scenerios in my mind if that little shit engaged, he'd be bitten in half by my dog, or that little shit would bit my dogs balls or something (cuz i would be restraining my doggo)

man that old lady was not happy, but whatever, imo it's open season on loose dogs.

Chows have a really bad record for biting children. Id rather have a pitbull that bit an adult than a Chow that bit a kid.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
v77L4Jl.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider

I would not use DogsBite.org as a reliable source. I would advise to do a quick google search on that website and you'll even find some nice news articles about the site/owner. None-the-less, the "stats" do overwhelmingly show Pits do a lot of injury, but you also need to look at how these stats are done and how it is unfair to dogs that are just large-sized in general.

The small breed dogs have always been the most "aggressive" in my experience. Can't count how many times friend's little house-rats (generally Shih Tzu's and Yorkies) have bitten me (either out of "nowhere" or with the smallest amount of play). They get a "pass" in a lot of these studies, research, and publications because a lot of them measure breeds based on injury/hospital reports. Can't say a little Yorkie is going to inflict much injury (aka: someone is very unlikely to go to a hospital/medical treatment which will NOT be documented) in comparison to breeds like Pits. I've been plenty rough with a lot of these "dangerous" breeds and not once have gotten any sign of what I would call "aggression." Hell, some of these "dangerous" breeds are the house-bitches to these small/cute breeds in some of my friend's households, it is pretty funny. Nothing like a 80lb Pit unable to be in the same room as a 6-7lb Pomeranian out of fear.

Last edited:

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
I’ve got a whippet mixed with either a Pitt or boxer, and then another Pitt mixed with a boxer.

Both are super chill and just want to play and be given bacon, but I also raised both from puppyhood and I am not a wakandan. Your mileage may vary.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Swear we had this thread already...

Some of you sound like fags. Pits are great dogs. Just most owners have no idea how to work with the hard headed ones, and fuck them up. They can be ultra high energy and hard headed.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users