Pit bulls - The Breed of Peace

Rais

Trakanon Raider
News at 11. The 3 people who have owned a Pitbull and it hasn't killed a kid in 2 days claim they are the best dog breed ever. Everyone else who have been attacked or personally know someone who had been are overreacting.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>

Well as someone who owns two Pit mixes (half pit, half boxer, mom was pit and died in childbirth. They were both bottle fed by humans. But that's another story) and a Rott mix, I guess I'm a dead man walking. heh

And to fill in more about the stereotypes, I will attest that all three are completely lovable dogs. Although the pit/boxers are definitely high energy dogs. My rott was when she was younger, but has chilled WAY the F out now that she's over 5.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Well as someone who owns two Pit mixes (half pit, half boxer, mom was pit and died in childbirth. They were both bottle fed by humans. But that's another story) and a Rott mix, I guess I'm a dead man walking. heh

And to fill in more about the stereotypes, I will attest that all three are completely lovable dogs. Although the pit/boxers are definitely high energy dogs. My rott was when she was younger, but has chilled WAY the F out now that she's over 5.
I know a tall Asian. Therefore all Asians are tall.

Look at this. The girl barely survived. If she didn't have an automatic rifle she'd be dog meat.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

I would not use DogsBite.org as a reliable source. I would advise to do a quick google search on that website and you'll even find some nice news articles about the site/owner. None-the-less, the "stats" do overwhelmingly show Pits do a lot of injury, but you also need to look at how these stats are done and how it is unfair to dogs that are just large-sized in general.

The small breed dogs have always been the most "aggressive" in my experience. Can't count how many times friend's little house-rats (generally Shih Tzu's and Yorkies) have bitten me (either out of "nowhere" or with the smallest amount of play). They get a "pass" in a lot of these studies, research, and publications because a lot of them measure breeds based on injury/hospital reports. Can't say a little Yorkie is going to inflict much injury (aka: someone is very unlikely to go to a hospital/medical treatment which will NOT be documented) in comparison to breeds like Pits. I've been plenty rough with a lot of these "dangerous" breeds and not once have gotten any sign of what I would call "aggression." Hell, some of these "dangerous" breeds are the house-bitches to these small/cute breeds in some of my friend's households, it is pretty funny. Nothing like a 80lb Pit unable to be in the same room as a 6-7lb Pomeranian out of fear.

This is some shit - but its how things are. The little shitling dogs are more pissy yappy and snippy - everyone knows that, but when a little puffball that has less bite force than a parakeet.

However bigger dogs pose more risk inherently than smaller ones because simply they have the ability to cause harm - also pit's are not really "big" and they have rightfully earned their reputation - they are small enough to get the small dog pissyness and big enough to do harm/kill.

I was raised and teach my kids that every single animal can snap and turn on you- for any and all reasons at any time...its the risk factor you accept... take in a little fluff shitter that may bite you and do jack, or take in a big ass dog who could eat you in one bite if it wants...your choice.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
little shitty dogs are more snippy b/c they're treated like little fucking baby retards. you're not supposed to pick up dogs whenever you want, or drag them around to the extent that they're called "purse puppies".

dogs are supposed to be dogs, they're supposed to be either

in
the backyard
in a (home) kennel
on the floor

you don't sleep w/ your dog
you don't let a dog on the couch

and you don't fucking pick up a dog like a god damn evil villian cat
godfather%2Bcat.jpg

Now barring all this, i'm looking for a little shitty maltipoo or even corgi, and i'm sure my wife will break all these rules, even tho we kept those rules for the big dog.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
So, I should stick with cats because I can be a real villain, excellent.

• 2Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Deleted a long rambling post. The problem is not (just) pit bulls, the problem is the entire terrier group. Only time I've been bitten by a pit was my own dog and it was shortly after a seizure so his brains were more than a little scrambled. Been bitten or attacked multiple times by fucking westies and yorkies though. Obviously pit bulls get all the negative attention because they're one of the only terrier breeds big enough for their aggressive behavior to be truly dangerous.

So yeah, pit bulls are inherently more dangerous than other dog breeds, but nine times out of ten the fault in a 'bad' pit bull lies in a shitty owner, not hte dog itself.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Props to my neighbor but they just got rid of their pit after he slipped out the door, bolted towards me while walking my dogs and jumped all over them. It's really fucking hard to try and protect 2 dogs on leashes at the same time. Wasn't the neighbors fault, it was an accident but every time they had that dog out on a leash it was aggressive and trying to get at us. The dog is against restrictions here anyway, but I suggested they get a security gate to make sure it doesn't get out off a leash. Kind of glad they took it to a friends house to stay.

Since then, one of my dogs started having issues this weekend. She's a Dachshund so I'm hoping it's not a disc issue. I'm taking her over to the vet in the morning. Last thing I need right now is more vet bills. She's had these symptoms in the past and needed muscle relaxers, maybe it just flared up when this happened.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Props to my neighbor but they just got rid of their pit after he slipped out the door, bolted towards me while walking my dogs and jumped all over them. It's really fucking hard to try and protect 2 dogs on leashes at the same time. Wasn't the neighbors fault, it was an accident but every time they had that dog out on a leash it was aggressive and trying to get at us. The dog is against restrictions here anyway, but I suggested they get a security gate to make sure it doesn't get out off a leash. Kind of glad they took it to a friends house to stay.

Since then, one of my dogs started having issues this weekend. She's a Dachshund so I'm hoping it's not a disc issue. I'm taking her over to the vet in the morning. Last thing I need right now is more vet bills. She's had these symptoms in the past and needed muscle relaxers, maybe it just flared up when this happened.
you gotta stop thinking so negative and skittish, everytime you're walking your dogs, cuz you're expecting a fucking crazed monster to bolt out the door and rip off an eyeball.

it's "negative energy" bullshit, but if you walk w/ confidence, then youre dogs will too, if you walk like a meek scared fuck, then youre dogs will too.

• 2Like

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Deleted a long rambling post. The problem is not (just) pit bulls, the problem is the entire terrier group. Only time I've been bitten by a pit was my own dog and it was shortly after a seizure so his brains were more than a little scrambled. Been bitten or attacked multiple times by fucking westies and yorkies though. Obviously pit bulls get all the negative attention because they're one of the only terrier breeds big enough for their aggressive behavior to be truly dangerous.

So yeah, pit bulls are inherently more dangerous than other dog breeds, but nine times out of ten the fault in a 'bad' pit bull lies in a shitty owner, not hte dog itself.

My rat terrier is the meanest motherfucker alive when he gets riled up. Terriers in general are supposed to kill shit. The excitement that dog gets from shredding small animals is probably the same thing we get from mdma. He can be a real dickhead but he’s only 17 pounds so it isn’t quite the same problem as a pit bull having a bad hair day.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm

They're interesting dogs but I wouldn't want one for a pet.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
These sort of dogs kill the owner or their child most of the time at least.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
What's the problem? People have safely maintained tigers as pets without incident-- it's obvious that tiger owners are to blame, not the tiger.

I have known people who have well trained, ultra affectionate pitbulls. But as people have pointed out, a bad owner turns a pitbull into a lethal weapon, and unfortunately there are lots of bad owners out there. There are also cases of a well trained pitbull getting scared or acting instinctively to defend itself, and unfortunately unlike a poorly trained chihuahua, it actually has serious capacity to do real damage.

There are probably a hundred breeds out there to choose from-- try choosing one that doesn't have the jaw strength to snap a femur like a twig.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
What's the problem? People have safely maintained tigers as pets without incident-- it's obvious that tiger owners are to blame, not the tiger.

I have known people who have well trained, ultra affectionate pitbulls. But as people have pointed out, a bad owner turns a pitbull into a lethal weapon, and unfortunately there are lots of bad owners out there. There are also cases of a well trained pitbull getting scared or acting instinctively to defend itself, and unfortunately unlike a poorly trained chihuahua, it actually has serious capacity to do real damage.

There are probably a hundred breeds out there to choose from-- try choosing one that doesn't have the jaw strength to snap a femur like a twig.
Aggression is incredibly easy to breed into, or out of animals;

Pitbulls are a vermin breed that shows how dumb people are. Yes you may win the genetic lotto and get a pit thats on the docile spectrum, but they are still a breed that was selected for aggression and strength. Theres a reason why golden retrievers and bulldogs arent considered threats, but pits are.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Were moving into a new house soon and my wife is looking into "rescuing" a dog. 95% of dogs in the local rescue dogs are heavily muscled, clipped ear "terrier mix" monsters. Our HOA forbids "vicious breeds" so I assume a "terrier mix" would meet that criteria.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

I would have kicked and punched the shit out of the dog if it latched on to me or one of my family members. And if it wasn't NYC or other libtard town I would be carrying and shot the shit vermin dog.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Pretty fucked-up video of a pit that got into some lady's house and tore up her cat. You've been warned.