Pit bulls - The Breed of Peace

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
You motherfuckers ready to apologize to pitbulls yet? Sure, every once in a while an innocent gets hurt. But they eat electric cars.

Completely unrelated question, but is there a car scent called 'new baby' or something like that?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Miss. lineman airlifted after being mauled by pack of pit bulls

Screenshot_20221215-165904.png

• 1WTF

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
So now PETA is getting in on the CIA grooming project? You know, when they killed all the birds and replaced them with surveillance drones, I shoulda known it wasn't going to end there.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The dog’s owner, Erick Lopez, told officers he wasn’t home during the attack and regularly lets the dog roam the neighborhood unrestrained. The 20-year-old’s home, roughly 150 yards from where Sadie was killed, is not surrounded by gates or fences, the documents noted.

• 3Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The dog’s owner, Erick Lopez, told officers he wasn’t home during the attack and regularly lets the dog roam the neighborhood unrestrained. The 20-year-old’s home, roughly 150 yards from where Sadie was killed, is not surrounded by gates or fences, the documents noted.
Up to five years, but according to ericgjohnsonlaw.com

It is essential to note that if the victim of the homicide was under ten years of age, those found guilty would face a minimum sentence of two years with hard labor and no chance of parole.

Still doesn't seem like enough, especially since there's always a chance of him being pled out to an even lesser charge.

A family member tried to ward off the dog by hitting it with a walking cane

This is what generally make me fucking cringe when I read about a fatal mauling, the panicked family member(s) doing absolutely nothing useful to try and save the child although in this particular case judging from 'walking cane' it was probably an older relative who couldn't have done anything anyway.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Lots of legumers let their dogs run around town all day. it’s a culture thing.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lots of legumers let their dogs run around town all day. it’s a culture thing.
Dude should be facing a manslaughter charge, not negligent homicide. At least then he still gets a decent sentence when it inevitably gets pled down.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Up to five years, but according to ericgjohnsonlaw.com

Still doesn't seem like enough, especially since there's always a chance of him being pled out to an even lesser charge.

This is what generally make me fucking cringe when I read about a fatal mauling, the panicked family member(s) doing absolutely nothing useful to try and save the child although in this particular case judging from 'walking cane' it was probably an older relative who couldn't have done anything anyway.
What do you do again? Asking for a friend who has a neighbor who walks his pit bull.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What do you do again? Asking for a friend who has a neighbor who walks his pit bull.
If you mean just you and a pit bull? Carry a fucking gun lol, or at a bare minimum a decent sized fixed blade. I wouldn't voluntarily knife fight an aggressive pit but I'd sure as hell prefer it over my bare hands. If he's walking you down then get on top of something stable the dog can't easily climb or jump up, a car is worthless but a full sized van or SUV might work, tree probably the best bet. Back away slowly towards whatever your planned escape/safe spot is, never turn your back and especially don't run.

If you're actually being attacked the most important thing is to not let him get you off your feet. You want something solid to prop yourself to help keep your footing like a vehicle or a building wall. Second most important thing is to yell for help cause you're gonna need it. Offering him some kind of decoy like a bag or a coat might buy you enough time to get away too. If all else fails and he gets them teeth on you, shield yourself with your non-dominant arm so your dominant arm is free to try and control the dog. Never try and yank your arm out of a dog's mouth, they're designed to prevent that from happening. Shoving your arm deeper into his mouth will inhibit his ability to grip you and shake, and you might even get him to choke and release the bite. If you have that knife get him in soft spots like the belly and throat but use careful and deliberate motions to avoid hurting yourself. If you don't have a knife just keep forcing your arm into the back of his mouth and control his head as best as you can to limit his ability to shake you while you wait for help to arrive. Desperation moves would be trying to knock the wind out of him by kicking him in the stomach (might lose your footing and fall to the ground) or putting a thumb into an eyesocket (risk getting bit on your good arm).

When it comes to a child getting mauled, fucking belly flop on that son of a bitch so he can't shake his head and scream your head off for help. Don't worry about trying to free the kid, just restrain the dog as much as possible. Dog may release the kid and bite you instead but that's why we're here.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If they're attacking someone else, get them in a good choke hold. Saw it on video and they pass out pretty quickly.

• 1Like

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
If they're attacking someone else, get them in a good choke hold. Saw it on video and they pass out pretty quickly.
I posted it somewhere back

it’s not as intuitive as you would think doing it to a person with a normal sized neck, I’d recommend some training before you rely on it to take down shit beasts. But I recommend Jiu-Jitsu to anyone, at all times, regardless of what is being discussed

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>

Yeah, that's the most reliable move we've seen work. If one was attacking me, (and I didn't have my gun for some reason) I'd probably still try for the rear naked choke. A 6 ft 2x4 to the noggin from atop a car also works. But you have to be lucky enough to have that 2x4 and connect with it.

Gav made me realize something. I need to start carrying a second knife. The one I have now is in my left pocket. It would be pretty easy to deny me access to that pocket in a fight.

• 1Like