Pittsburgh, PA

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Having difficulty finding parking shouldn't be a surprise in any decently sized city. It's probably the most redundant thing to complain about in a city next to crime.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Having difficulty finding parking shouldn't be a surprise in any decently sized city. It's probably the most redundant thing to complain about in a city next to crime.
You're telling this to a guy from Midwestville, USA. Every business should be surrounded by a sea of parking lots, man. Anything less is poor urban design.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hehe you're right it has typical parking levels of a city. Being a tourist and not knowing the best parking, roads and general locations makes it seem worse than it is. But my attempt to find parking for Delucas was greeted with two full lots and a third lot whose ticket machine was broken. And this was at 11am on a weekday. We're just going to walk there tomorrow (18m walk, nbd).

Pittsburgh also suffers from a hilly geography and appears to be designed by pollocks.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Went to the Phipps Conservatory, was nice. You know, plants and stuff.

Going to the Church Brew Works now.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
YeAh we are considering doing that. Well see what we get done tomorrow. This city gets dark at fucking noon.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pittsburgh also suffers from a hilly geography and appears to be designed by pollocks.
Now you sound like a local.

The one way streets all over the fuckin' place don't help with parking either if you aren't local.

The trolly car hill thing would be the Duquesne Incline(formerly Mononghahela). Very cool views of the city and the view from the top of Mt. Washington is always beautiful.

Duquesne_Incline_from_top.jpg

Not really helpful here, but lots of movies film here.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dawn of the Dead (1978) - IMDb

Was filmed right in Monroeville, which is like 10 mins out of Pittsburgh.

I actually met the lady that was in charge of finding locations for Zombieland a couple years back. She was sitting next to me on the Ski lift and we started talking. Nice lady!

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dawn of the Dead (1978) - IMDb

Was filmed right in Monroeville, which is like 10 mins out of Pittsburgh.

I actually met the lady that was in charge of finding locations for Zombieland a couple years back. She was sitting next to me on the Ski lift and we started talking. Nice lady!
Boring vaguely related story time!

When my family first moved here my mom by completely random chance became friends with a lady named Helen, the wife of Pat Logan. If you are old enough and watched Cops when it was new and hot as shit, he was the big fat bald Pittsburgh cop they always loved to ride around with. Funny guy. He was also good friends with Tom Savini(make-up guy for Romero, director as well), and through that wasin a few of those Pgh horror movies of the era. Most notably he was Uncle Rege in Night of the Living dead. Can see him a little bit inthis retarded video. Whenever we went to his house(I went to school with their sons) you'd see the foamrubber head from the movie sitting in their mantle, along with the fire poker that it was hit with. I guess they sold it eventually, judging bythis video.

We went "camping" with them once. Trailer in the woods, sort of. Not really far off the highway. Tom Savini came for a day, meant nothing to me until a few years later when I saw From Dusk to Dawn and recognized him. Nice guy.

Oddly enough I can't find any kind of video of Pat's Cops stuff. Was in 5-6 episodes.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, looks like their wives are staying in and making cookies so they don't want to go out? I have no fucking idea. Either way, not making the treck in to Pittsburgh tonight, sorry Tucbro.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hehe its OK. We're in Ohio now anyway. Enjoy the cookies and merry Christmas!

Gravy

Bronze Squire
And so ends our episode ofTuco In Paradise: The 'Burgh.

Now I want to visit Pittsburgh. After Cincinnati.