Planetside 2

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I usually avoid bio labs because there's so many firing angles, and I'd rather not try to fight over a bunch of teammates to fire through doorways.

Also you damn kids without your jet packs! Get off my rooftops! *shakes fist*

I do as well unless it's a small fight, once it surpasses 24 people I'm out. Also, max units on the rooftops and turrets is fucking enraging.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
You guys are so babies

Nah I have a lot of fun no matter what happens in game. I even have a good time with the shitters in yell chat or sending tells to the elite players. If you aren't salty I haven't ran into anyone that is a real asshole.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Necro time:

Just started playing this a couple of days ago, and I'm having an absolute blast - aside from the hit registration being sorta fucked. I played the first one for a summer when I was a lot younger, and I'm curious why it took me so long to try this out.

I can just take a Krono and activate it on EQ and it will apply membership to Planetside 2, right? I'm not playing this on my current active EQ account, because I always end up dumping those on ectunnel once I'm done with a TLP.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
There aren't really many benefits to subbing to be honest. Unless you have your heart set on one continent at prime time, or want to play the Pay2Lose robot faction (it's a literal downgrade).

That said, it's a super fun game when good fights are going, and there's nothing like it on the market TBH. For therapy, invest in an invisible ANT, find a huge fight and just pancake people. There's literally no counter for it. Mines? I can run over 9 of em with mine guard ;)

• 1Worf

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So I know the hit registration is supposed to be sorta fucked, but I feel like I come against some people and barely do any damage. I'm guessing until I get higher level, I might just be at a disadvantage? I know to upgrade the shield stuff with certs very early, but even then.

I read that the starter guns are pretty much just as good as the rest of them. That can't be totally true right? Some of these things are slow as fuck, and I'm hardly ever dying to anything "starter". Any gun recommendations? Heard someone say SMGs were really OP for Light Assault and Infiltrator? Also at decent range, all these weapons seem to suck.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Faction has different guns I can make recommendation if you play VS (I play VS exclusively). IMO, I prefer gun with the highest fire rate, also go with accuracy/ recoil reduce attachments. All starter guns are decent indeed.

Planetside franchise is hands down my #1 video game. I logged tens of thousand hours between the original Planetside and Planetside 2. Enjoy.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I preferred NC. I liked the Max setups better, and the faction specific shotgun Also vanguard was my preferred tank(As much as as gliding over water is on a magrider). I played 1 more way more then 2 though. PS1 with an amazing outfit was some of most fun I have ever had in a video game. Doing Coordinated air attacks with gal drops was just too cool(Libs/Reavers blanketed entire outside, then multiple galaxies come in for air drops).

Honestly shocked there's been nothing like PS1or PS2 since then.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
if enough people played I would. I just hop between my characters once a fight dies.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
If you're not doing headshots get back behind cover and reset the fight. Be prepared to jump out of a fight the instant you feel like you're at a disadvantage, it'll take some time to learn this feeling.

Start off with the medic for the best "training" weapons for getting those headshot kills.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
So I know the hit registration is supposed to be sorta fucked, but I feel like I come against some people and barely do any damage. I'm guessing until I get higher level, I might just be at a disadvantage? I know to upgrade the shield stuff with certs very early, but even then.

I read that the starter guns are pretty much just as good as the rest of them. That can't be totally true right? Some of these things are slow as fuck, and I'm hardly ever dying to anything "starter". Any gun recommendations? Heard someone say SMGs were really OP for Light Assault and Infiltrator? Also at decent range, all these weapons seem to suck.

I know this is an older post, but the killcam hardly ever shows the correct health, it's yet another buggy feature. So you likely did more damage than you thought. Keep in mind if they glow that means they're a heavy assault with more 'health' than the other classes as a feature.

In other news, did not realize they killed the TI Alloys base.

RIP All Day Farms

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I know this is an older post, but the killcam hardly ever shows the correct health, it's yet another buggy feature. So you likely did more damage than you thought. Keep in mind if they glow that means they're a heavy assault with more 'health' than the other classes as a feature.

In other news, did not realize they killed the TI Alloys base.

RIP All Day Farms
Sigh

fuck I miss the crown ti and cross roads fighting
Lattice system ruined the game

• 1Solidarity