Planetside 2

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Nothing can defeat debris. Not even a Bastion. FedX on Emerald pulls their first Bastion ever and it gets destroyed by a drop pod lol

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
So I forayed briefly into the game again and after about an hour called it quits, do low level players have a giant "kill me" sign above their heads as an infiltrator ran through an entire squad of my own faction to knife me and insta kill me. I then proceeded to try and get into more firefights and spent 90% of my time dead as I would drop in 2 - 3 shots from enemies.

And it is not like I was just wandering out in the open in the middle of a whole bunch of enemies, I would be with friendlies, poke my head out of cover, and just get killed before I even saw a single opposing PC.

It takes time. Besides the other points given to you, make sure you Redeploy (U) if a fight isn't going your way (and you're solo, otherwise stick with your squad/platoon). All the elite players constantly redeploy and find different fronts to join. I probably do it every 3-5 minutes. I'm always looking for fights that are as close to 50/50 as possible because 58/42 or higher ratio usually becomes unwinnable, even if you are defending and are a good squad/platoon.

Always keep an eye on the minimap and watch out for red dots. Check your corners and don't run out into the open without checking from cover unless you're running with a group.

Don't expect to make much difference as a solo player; the strength of a faction are its leadership and proper application of the population. VS wins a lot on Emerald not just because they have a lot of good players, but because they show up at the right fights at the right time and the outfits mostly work together to achieve this.

You can make a difference as a solo player but it's not for everyone, and there are cool people in outfits if you find the right one. (I do Light Assault, flashbangs, c4, and suppressor. I spend most of my time sniping medics, throwing flashbangs at the right time, or C4'ing MAX'es/vehicles).

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Also, "H" by default will expand your minimap to be larger. This is a crucial improvement, you can also zoom in/out with your mouse wheel when needed.

If you want to run with someone just hit me up.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I like the big space station
20200327122751_1.jpg

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Bastions are kind of awful now. Because there are a lot of weak points up top, they can shit on any fight as long as they have air support to defend the top. So invincible to ground vehicles.

The funny thing is, the weapons bypass spawn shields. If you get killed by a bastion, you can put a ticket it (website only, /report is broken in game) and get that person banned lol Kind of worth it for being a shitty farmer.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
They are changing Bastion on PTS. The only time I don't like Bastion is when they interrupt my TI farm.

Hekotat

I raged out the first time I got kill farmed in a spawn room. How that made it to live is crazy to me.

It's great that the game is super active again but the people playing with very high ping and latency is really starting to eat at me.

Getting tired of dumping mags I to the back of BWAE members and they turn around and kill me with full health and shields.

They need to start punishing people or it's going to empty the servers. It's already killed the entire TR faction.

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
I raged out the first time I got kill farmed in a spawn room. How that made it to live is crazy to me.

It's great that the game is super active again but the people playing with very high ping and latency is really starting to eat at me.

Getting tired of dumping mags I to the back of BWAE members and they turn around and kill me with full health and shields.

They need to start punishing people or it's going to empty the servers. It's already killed the entire TR faction.

I'm genuinely curious how many play with non-obvious hacks, it hit box modders are pretty common, so I'm suspicious of high headshot rates.

But yeah, I should know better, but I can't help with the rage tells when I unload a full clip on someone, just to have them glow green, jump 180 and ping me 2 times in the head instantly.

Hekotat

I'm genuinely curious how many play with non-obvious hacks, it hit box modders are pretty common, so I'm suspicious of high headshot rates.

But yeah, I should know better, but I can't help with the rage tells when I unload a full clip on someone, just to have them glow green, jump 180 and ping me 2 times in the head instantly.

I get shit on by really good players a lot but BWAE players are highly suspect all the time. Warping around, super fast death rates, tons of hit markers and no deaths. It's frustrating.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I get shit on by really good players a lot but BWAE players are highly suspect all the time. Warping around, super fast death rates, tons of hit markers and no deaths. It's frustrating.

It's weird because when i play against BWAE they dont seem as difficult. Hard, yes, but not impossible. I have your experience with KN1, Dolor Exsilium, Blops squad, but for me it's my aim; I cant find mouse sensitivity settings that work for me (doesn't help my mouse broke and I started using a different one today though).

I play a lot of LA, and while I get dunked on by good players a lot, I make sure I get my revenge. I'll sit on a high point and watch without spotting; as soon as they engage someone else I start shooting them. If I can, I drop c4 on their corpse and kill their medics when they come along. My favorite is grenade bandolier when they're holding a point. Just chuck all 4 in a window and rack up the kills.

Also started trying AV mana turret on ESF's after watching this video. Only 5-6 kills so far but its satisfying when you pull it off.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nothing can defeat debris. Not even a Bastion. FedX on Emerald pulls their first Bastion ever and it gets destroyed by a drop pod lol

That is so planetside it hurts hahaha. I still remember my first time logging in to ps2. Found myself in a drop pod without even having a chance to setup my keys and drop right infront of a hostile enemy tank and died 1 second after landing. Welcome to planetside!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
I play a lot of LA, and while I get dunked on by good players a lot, I make sure I get my revenge. I'll sit on a high point and watch without spotting; as soon as they engage someone else I start shooting them. If I can, I drop c4 on their corpse and kill their medics when they come along. My favorite is grenade bandolier when they're holding a point. Just chuck all 4 in a window and rack up the kills.

Nice. I love a good biolab farm still. NSO Max with unlimited grenades perched up in a Bio Lab is too fun. Too bad about the deathcam, people usually LA+C4 me out of rage. Most of the jump tricks from the below work (skip to 20s)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Nice. I love a good biolab farm still. NSO Max with unlimited grenades perched up in a Bio Lab is too fun. Too bad about the deathcam, people usually LA+C4 me out of rage. Most of the jump tricks from the below work (skip to 20s)

I usually avoid bio labs because there's so many firing angles, and I'd rather not try to fight over a bunch of teammates to fire through doorways.

Also you damn kids without your jet packs! Get off my rooftops! *shakes fist*