Planetside 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It’s funneling effect turned every fight into a stalemate Zerg. It actually took OP vehicles/abilities that were nerfed to break through.
I’m loggin back on tomorrow let’s go smoke some fools.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The reintroduction of the lattice system begin the downhill slope of the game, still loved all 6k+ hours that I put into it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have been running around and I am very rusty. I need to get the Butcher on my TR stat.

What is the best HA weapons for the 3 factions? I am taking it the main epic weapons? I got the beetlegeuse and it rocks.

Hekotat

I have been running around and I am very rusty. I need to get the Butcher on my TR stat.

What is the best HA weapons for the 3 factions? I am taking it the main epic weapons? I got the beetlegeuse and it rocks.

The weapons have changed so much over the years it's hard to know what is the badass shit these days. Orion is still king shit from what I can tell but the others aren't far behind. Really wish I could transfer my main from Connery over to Emerald.

I've been running around a bit so let me know if you wanna rage, I've just been playing the lowest pop faction so I can get in without a queue.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The weapons have changed so much over the years it's hard to know what is the badass shit these days. Orion is still king shit from what I can tell but the others aren't far behind. Really wish I could transfer my main from Connery over to Emerald.

I've been running around a bit so let me know if you wanna rage, I've just been playing the lowest pop faction so I can get in without a queue.

if you need akrono so you can have all access let me know.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Emerald had 3200 players on it tonight. All 4 continents open with fights. Unfortunately they are working on a server upgrade and it was laggy as hell for some people.

• 1Like

Hekotat

The game felt like it did during launch, hit reg was good and there were fights everywhere. I hope they can keep the momentum going.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
They split up all the Daybreak devs into their own studios. Rogue Planet Games was created and they are solely focused on PS2.

Also the patch 2 days ago added Fleet Carriers.

• 1Like

Hekotat

Watching sundies and tanks go flying off that arch at TI Alloys during a orbital strike is funny shit.

Hekotat

I don't know if it's the servers, lagwizards or what but people have been zooming all over the place and not dying after 5+ head shots. I'm out.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
So the pay2Lose faction wasn't considered for this patch at all. I can't contribute or do outfit wars, and can't realistically ever craft a sooper space ship. If I didn't absolutely love the Kuwa gun or NSO Max (fscking unlimited grenades buddy) I wouldn't care, but I like it :*(

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
So I forayed briefly into the game again and after about an hour called it quits, do low level players have a giant "kill me" sign above their heads as an infiltrator ran through an entire squad of my own faction to knife me and insta kill me. I then proceeded to try and get into more firefights and spent 90% of my time dead as I would drop in 2 - 3 shots from enemies.

And it is not like I was just wandering out in the open in the middle of a whole bunch of enemies, I would be with friendlies, poke my head out of cover, and just get killed before I even saw a single opposing PC.

Hekotat

So I forayed briefly into the game again and after about an hour called it quits, do low level players have a giant "kill me" sign above their heads as an infiltrator ran through an entire squad of my own faction to knife me and insta kill me. I then proceeded to try and get into more firefights and spent 90% of my time dead as I would drop in 2 - 3 shots from enemies.

And it is not like I was just wandering out in the open in the middle of a whole bunch of enemies, I would be with friendlies, poke my head out of cover, and just get killed before I even saw a single opposing PC.

It takes some getting used to, you have to get all head shots basically against vets or anyone for that matter. The following tips will help.

1.Dump all your certs into nanoweave armor until level 4 (Disregard level 5 for a long time).
2. Use the medic class for highest cert farm and best starting weapons.
3. If you get into an engagement and they get the better shots immediately jump back into cover, rinse and repeat. More than likely you will lose those engagements if you don't.
4. Follow a group around as a medic and be the healer/rez bitch until you learn the ins and outs.
5. Turn brightness up to .55, the default 0.0 is way too dark and you won't be able to see anything once it get's dark.
6. If your framerate is low, turn down view distance etc. It will highly affect the outcome of your engagements.

Also consider many players have been playing since 2012, you're going to get shit on alot at first. If you're playing on a retarded faction switch sides, the vets hop around for the most part but NC is usually full of tards. I still get shit on by this player named Transgressor, I don't think he's stopped playing at all.

Hekotat

Some other things I thought of.

1. If your opponent is not on an even piece of ground (Stairs, slope, etc.) and they are strafing, don't even engage. You will lose 99% of the time.
2. Don't play Recon at all until you get a good grasp on how to shit on people then wait longer, that class takes some skill.
3. Flank, most people run headlong into battle if you can run off to the left or right and get a good angle you can just shit on people all day long.
4. Don't waste certs on guns. Dump into Nanoweave for each class, medic gun or class ability and maybe a 1x/2x.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Or 1-8) Just pull a Max ;)

I kid, though I do love the NSO max. I probably got 5000 kills with the pre-nerf under barrel grenade launcher years back, and this thing has unlimited grenades with a cooldown mechanic with the same exact physics, so it's easy to aim. Totally OP in the right spots, but if C4 is detonated anywhere in my hex I seem to die :p

The update is nice, but I should switch back to TR to partake in it with my normal outfit. But I'll keep playing the robot, want to hit BR120.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Hit reg and gumplay in this game has always been wonky. I cant remember a time where it felt "crisp". Imagine this game but with a better engine. Like holy shit good.