Planetside 2

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I don't know, but sometimes I feel more OP as my engineer. I spent 7$ to unlock the engineer anti-vehicle turret. I love sneaking behind the enemy lines with it.
Get halfway up Magrider hill when there is a huge battle going on at TI Alloys and watch the certs roll in. You'll be too far away for them to consider you a real threat and by the time the 2nd rocket hits home it's too late. Make sure you own the Bio-Lab before trying this.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That said, having NC as the only faction to get a camera-guided HA launcher can't possibly work out. Unless it's really really REALLY slow and you can shoot the rocket down, I can picture dozens of HAs hiding and causing havoc. But I'm sure it will be good for a surge in SOE SC purchasing
wink.png
Meh, in PS1, it took 3 shots from it to kill a Max, if it keeps that same power level, you're looking at 7-8 to kill a tank, and a weaker rocket than any of the existing options. Add in the utterly horrible TTK from having to fly the thing and it's not all that deadly. Of course, it's only after that 2nd shot hits that the max realizes they need to run, but can't run from hunter-seakers with what seemed like double the range of lock-ons....

I had the most fun with it in the mid-forest fights around the doors to bases and bridges. But PS2 has alot less forest cover level fighting. Either you're in and around buildings, or it's a gently rolling sheet of glass with 3 big rocks sticking out of it. Even the green areas of ?Esamir? aren't that dense with trees (not that it matters anyways, since there's no reason to fight in the trees, or go to that shitty continent for that matter).

Annoying? fuck yes. Highly defensive? yup. Pretty much forces the Enemy Zerg to actually push, just out of the shear number of ragers wishing to kill you, yup.

And it was damn fun to fly.

Canad_sl

shitlord
The VS launcher sounds inherently OP or underpowered, but no possible middlegrond. The TR one sounds like you will die many times and kill nothing and the NC one sounds like it would be a ton of fun and i don't understand why such a fun weapon is only avaible for one side.

Hekotat

I know many aren't on bored with the whole F2P micro-transactions strategy but holy shit are they pumping out the updates. The schedule currently is one Game Update every 2 weeks which will bring new continents, vehicles, weapons, etc.

It disgusts me to think that Blizzard took so much of my money and how little I got in return for it. I don't think I'll ever be able to put up with a subscription fee again unless there is some serious content coming our way. I just hope they can do a better job of cash shop balancing with future IP's.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
It's amazing what happens when a revenue stream is dependant upon it's own marketplace. It gets the companies ass in gear to streamline content delivery and scheduling of that.

I often wonder what the hell Blizzard is doing with all that cash now that I look back at the updates given over the years. It's pretty damn abysmal.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I remember seeing phoenix rockets filling the sky in the first game. Not something I'd care to see repeated. Was great fun if you made it to where they were hiding though.

I wonder if they will have the alt fire detonation. That made cover useless against it in the first game.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I know many aren't on bored with the whole F2P micro-transactions strategy but holy shit are they pumping out the updates. The schedule currently is one Game Update every 2 weeks which will bring new continents, vehicles, weapons, etc.

It disgusts me to think that Blizzard took so much of my money and how little I got in return for it. I don't think I'll ever be able to put up with a subscription fee again unless there is some serious content coming our way. I just hope they can do a better job of cash shop balancing with future IP's.
Agreed. This is also the first MMO(well sort of an MMO) in a while that I've looked forward to logging on, rather than 'sigh, time to do my dailies to keep up with raid requirements!'. They've also done a decent job at balancing, and not being too much Pay-2-Win. Though it is way easier to spend 7$ on a weapon unlock rather than days worth of playtime (1000 certs).

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hated the phx as a NC in ps1. You leave a ams and entire team is just hiding behind a nearby hill spamming phx into the base. Though as a TR infil it was great, because with the phx they spent so much time in the camera guiding mode it made it so easy to kill them.

Stryker and lancer were amazing. First one lock-on was pretty decent range and fired its "clip" relatively quickly. The lancer had a amazing fire rate.

Only bad thing is with PS2's class system only HA can use them. I would kill to have my jetpack and be able to carry a stryker around(instead of a main gun).

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not sure if this is just a fortunate happenstance, or some pretty meta planning. But Phoenix keeps NC indoors, where our shotgun play-style is more effective. Opponents have to either push into our effective range, or get picked off with near impunity. Nice bit of synergy there.

Still, PS2's base designs are much more "closed" than PS1, with tighter openings backed up with long sight lines, and shitty "can't fire through" shields. That will partially negate some of Phoenix's power.

Don't forget about the fundamental change between having an AMS invis shield in PS1 and our current "rar, just tank the damage!" PS2 AMS. You had far more time before being discovered and attacked. What I wouldn't do to take away one or both of the sunderer guns to replace with an invis field, max cupolas, or other REAL defensive options.

Canad_sl

shitlord
Orbital strikes on like 200 playing customers, lol. Make me quit yay?

I have an idea for something we really need:

"The Bullet Sequencer"

You install it on your weapon and you get full control over the fire modus of your weapon, you even get to fiddle with it! Example. It adds more fire modus to your rifle like you can upgrade your gun with a burst fire mode or double burst fire mode. But the real fun lies somewhere else. You can manually fiddle with it. For example. Manual fire mode makes your weapon fire 3 bullets burst, then wait it normalizes and burst once more. ONly if you take the finger from the trigger away it stops bursting. Or you could shoot 5 bullets (if thats the number of bullets it takes to screw up your aim for example) then it stops and gives it half a second, then repeat. Etc. I want to fiddle with the stream of bullets and i think that this would make the game more deep.

2nd idea:

Pants down, we need a handicap.

I want a new game modus in this game. I remember that tank in everquest tanking the Avatarofwar (was like the 10th time total it was ever killed, so it was a badass and everyone was like "omg we farming the fucking AVATAROFWAR). He was drunk as fuck and started shouting profanities at the Avatarofwar (he was really drunk). Suddenly he pulled his pants (he removed the pant item from his character) and screamed he wants to "take on the fucker with pants down". That raid was like 100 people who LOVED it, of course he tanked it pants down and it was pretty funny seeing that half naked barbarian taking him on. Needless to say everyone loved it and the mood was really good that day.

Now what i want is a "pants down" modus. You pull your pants and show up in slips (no boxershorts) your pants at the knees,. Your hitpoints half and now we have a situation that people can "pull their pants" to taunt the enemy and still kill him with such a big handicap.It is a pretty big taunt and would be hilarious if someone would storm or defend a base doing that. Such a mechanic is good for a competitive game imho because it further reinforces player interaction beyond just reducing eachothers hitpoint until you reach zero.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
rrr_img_16566.jpg
Will totally pop in with my fellow FoH once my spent cash carries over to different characters.
I'll be back to playing soon 10 days max. Round two going to be filled with more Nickleback (at Bacon's request) pumping through teamspeak hyped on on Red Bulls.

get ready

p.s.

Hekotat this is for you and Joplin son

Hekotat

rrr_img_16566.jpg

I'll be back to playing soon 10 days max. Round two going to be filled with more Nickleback (at Bacon's request) pumping through teamspeak hyped on on Red Bulls.

get ready

p.s.

Hekotat this is for you and Joplin son
GD WHY YOU GOTTA BRING UP PANCHO VILLA!!!! Now I want some of that shit.

They just updated TS3 with the ability to play through music in channels with no plugin. Gonna mess with it tomorrow.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
GD WHY YOU GOTTA BRING UP PANCHO VILLA!!!! Now I want some of that shit.

They just updated TS3 with the ability to play through music in channels with no plugin. Gonna mess with it tomorrow.

when Brekk gets on play some Simple Plan. Motherfucker loves that shit.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
Do we have an organized outfit/server? I am new to the game, been playing a few days and mostly engineer.

Hekotat

Do we have an organized outfit/server? I am new to the game, been playing a few days and mostly engineer.
Yeah man, we play on TR/Watterson. Send a tell to Tow, Hekotat or RegimeTR. If no one is on send me a PM on here and I'll hop on and add you.

Hekotat

Nice, that'll go great with those Proximity Music spammers. Like PIPESOFVICTORY and his 24/7 bagpipes =D
lmfao, I had turned off proximity chat for this reason but recently turned it back on for recruitment purposes and I'll be damned if that was the first thing I heard.

Just to be clear this will be on a TS3 channel that you will not be required to stay in, unless you're Brekk....