Planetside 2

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
No worries, I should be on tonight with no interruptions. Feel free to jump in or hit me upon steam.

Opimo_sl

shitlord
I like Emerald's fights better than Connery, but I don't want to give up having just about everything unlocked.
frown.png

Hekotat

Yea, I can't stand the zerg mentality on Connery, but its not so bad, just the first few hours suck.

Opimo_sl

shitlord
How easy is it for someone to pick up and play this now?
It's easier now then it used to be. If you wind up on Connery you can send me a tell for help (same name on forums as in PS2). I usually play TR on Connery / NC on Emerald. The best times in this game are with other people, so make it a point to find an outfit that's active and somewhat organized to fully enjoy the game. If you try to lonewolf it all the time, you'll get frustrated / bored pretty quickly.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Alright, got a decent working video card finally. Played this a bit today for the first time in like a year. Pretty fun. What's the best VS Carbine?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Why does this game have this light grey haze that never goes away? I tried all the different graphics options, I remember having this same problem on release.

Boobietastles_sl

shitlord
Tried playing on the PS4 last night...fuck if I know how anyone can ever play an FPS on console. Controller is the shittiest way to aim ever conceived. Worth trying on PC?

kaxfenix

N00b
yeah its a lot better on the PC. Playing a medic right now which I think I am gonna keep playing ( as opposed to mule'ing for certs ) Just need a consistent squad to play in.

Hekotat

I'm looking forward to getting back home from Wisconsin and farming Opimo.

Yes, this game is fun and has tons of potential, if someone actual figured out how to perfect it and copy it, they would have a gold mine on their hands. Nothing else comes close to the sheer size of this game and I think Battlefront 3 should be this sized and are fucking up by not copying PS2.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This game does wonders for performance by using all low-poly vehicle and base geometry. But they should release higher quality textures. On video cards with 4gb of memory, high quality textures have almost 0 impact on rendering performance.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
This game does wonders for performance by using all low-poly vehicle and base geometry. But they should release higher quality textures. On video cards with 4gb of memory, high quality textures have almost 0 impact on rendering performance.
Be careful what you wish for. SOE could patch nothing but higher res textures and the framerate will drop 50%, lock ons stop working, and your latency goes up by 40.

I wish I wasn't giggling to myself as I post this but damn if it isn't true. (They do a good job with hotfix patches the next day at least).

Nissir

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hadn't played this in about a year and I stumbled back upon it when I was cleaning off my hard drive. After a few hours of patching, I jumped back into this with both feet. Rolled around last night with 2 other guys in a battle bus, fighting for 'merica and killing Vanu swine. Game is still pretty horrible solo, but get a few like minded people working together and it still a hell of a good night.