Planetside 2

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
PlanetSide 1 shutting down
Very disheartening news: PlanetSide 1 closes it's doors July 1st, 2016 at 4pm PST.

Full Article:PlanetSide 2 - News - PlanetSide 1 Closure
/r/PlanetSide Reddit thread (please comment!):PlanetSide 1 Announcement : Planetside

Play with us one last time!
We had an event planned for July 15-17th, but this will have to happen sooner! For the next couple weeks, we will send off PlanetSide 1 with some great battles! Weekends are the best time to play, but during the week should be very active as well!

Download:https://launch.daybreakgames.com/installer/PS_setup.exe
Account:Register | Daybreak Game Company
Discord:Discord

We need your help preserving the game!

If you want to help preserve PlanetSide, please follow the instructions below:

Download the packet collector:http://files.psforever.net/releases/...er_1.0.0.1.zip
Launch the game using this custom launcher:http://files.psforever.net/releases/...er_1.0.0.4.zip
Submit your captures here:PSForever - Login

PlanetSide 1 will live on through PSForever
The PSForever.net team has been working on a PlanetSide 1 Emulator Server for some time now. We have a working login server and character creation process. We are getting very close to getting a player avatar in-game. To follow this project and learn how you can play or contribute, follow these links:

Website/Forums:PSForever - PlanetSide Forever
Discord Server:Discord
FAQ:PSForever FAQ - PSForever

How can I assist with the PSForever development process?

If you believe you have the programming skills needed to become a developer for PSForever, send a message to PSForever Lead Developer Chord on the PSForever Forums.

Otherwise, please help us with packet collection before the final shutdown. Information can be found above.

If you don't have the time for either of these things but still wish to contribute, join the discussion on the PSForever forums or Discord server! Player feedback will be invaluable in the development of the server. Additionally, you can contribute to the PSForever Wiki! More information can be found here:PSForever Wiki

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It was ahead of its time and I have great memories of playing that in college.

RIP

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I wish I would have heard of that game in it's prime. I'm still surprised it made it this long without closing.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Looks like Itzmurda is doing a send off tour of Planetside 1. Not sure for how long since I just noticed it when I checked twitch.

Twitch

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
PS1 was so awesome. Mowing people down mercilessly with tanks (pre-nerf, rip magmower), ant runs, reaver rocket spam. Varied, wide open terrain for some crazy ass vehicle battles. Bridge battles on Cyssor. Crater battles on Searhus. Riding between the giant mangroves in Hossin. Vertical Ceryshen. Forested Forseral and Amerish. Not as memorable for me but Solsar, Oshur, Esamir, and Ishundar were also cool.

Damn, they need to make a vehicle continent for PS2 with capture points that you can turn while in a vehicle. Can still have main bases for infantry fights but you'd need a tank Zerg to get to that point.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sad to hear, but probably way past its time. Was amazing game, so much fun. First time seeing mass air-drops with a huge reaver rocket barrage(counting like 30+ reavers) before the GAL drops. Using your first OS. Finding those AMSs and taking it out as a lone stealth player. Bridge battles that lasted entire weekends. Some would disagree but I even had a blast with BFRs. AA max's hidden in treetops. FLAILS were hilarious.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
DBG is actually hiring for their unannounced title (a next-generation MMOFPS)

Team Unannounced Title
Job Category Programming
Job Type Regular
City San Diego
State CA
Description UI Programmer

Daybreak is currently looking for an experienced UI Programmer to join our team.

This person will oversee the following accountabilities:

- Implement In-game User Interface systems and functionality in Flash and C++
- Developing, writing, and debugging code for complex systems as part of anext-generation MMOFPS
- Work alongside other programmers, artists, and designers to develop a cohesive and manageable UI
Title Senior Game Designer
Job Number 16-0040
Team Unannounced Title
Job Category Game Design
Job Type Regular
City San Diego
State CA
Description Position: Systems Designer - Unannounced Title

The Daybreak Games San Diego Studio is looking for an Intermediate/Senior Systems Designer to join a development team working on an unannounced, multi-platform project.

Experience developing for and launching AAAfirst-person shooter gamesa must!

Ideal candidates will have previous experience developing first-person shooter games, with a focus on the design, creation, and maintenance of core game systems.

ACCOUNTABILITIES

? Work closely with Lead Designer and game team to create and document game systems and functionality
? Work with design team to create fun and balanced game systems through a process of iteration
? Act as key point of contact for design team to the engineering team or other disciplines in the development of various game systems and/or tools
? Implement core systems in alarge-scale, FPS game,using database tools and custom editors

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Very interesting. I don't mind it, pretty lackluster section of the genre.
I think at this point I've put more time into PS2 than any other game. Sure it has its flaws, but in a good platoon it's really fun.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh I agree. Both games were/are a blast and can either be done in groups or just go your own sometimes. I was talking more in the sense that MMOFPS are very few and would love to see more of them. But all these companies are scrambling to try and get a piece of the moba and/or fps pie.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I honestly don't like Daybreak at all and feel like they've ruined multiple projects already, I'm not inclined to get hype at an unannounced game. That being said, I've spent a fuckton of hours in PS1 and 2 and there is a lack of MMOFPS missing in my heart right now. Might have to update ps2.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Jumped in the other day and wrecked shop on my NC alt. Still love dat Anchor.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I also unleashed some Freedom with the NC this weekend.
Sometimes I like to log in my vanu alt, spam some ESF PPA to shit on some infantry fights

Then my NC Airhammer alt shits on some more infantry fights

Finally my TR main actually joins an organized platoon. Trying to learn to be a good medic, my new toy is an arguably underpowered battle-rifle, but with the Under-barrel Grenade Launcher attachment. Been accused of lag-hax a few times when I one shot the rare guy without flak armor. UBGL is pretty over-nerfed, but still good at suppressing doors, or if you're above the enemy.

Hekotat

Yeah, I've been playing NC and TR mainly here lately. Depends on the server and what fights are going on, I really hate when it turns into cocblock fights at biolabs or on Indar where there are giant open fields between bases and no way to assault them.

Seems I spend more time server/faction hopping these days to find good fights. I especially loathe all of one faction only attacking one hex.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it at a point(like ps1) where the fight is just on one cont and usually only on one front?

Hekotat

I think if they limited redeploys and force people use use gals and other modes of transportation it would change things for the better and keep people more spread out. They've had three years to fix that though so I don't see it happening.