Planetside 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I clicked around on this last night.

Shot down some mosquitos with my lancer.

Still a pretty good game TBH.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I clicked around on this last night.

Shot down some mosquitos with my lancer.

Still a pretty good game TBH.

I still think Lancer has a decimal place in the wrong spot when it comes to aircraft resistance. And it's weird, does 3x more damage than when I tested it out in the VR.

Not that it's a bad thing, I'm glad at least someone can defend against A2G! (Striker is almost as deadly as lancer, way easier to use)

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I still think Lancer has a decimal place in the wrong spot when it comes to aircraft resistance. And it's weird, does 3x more damage than when I tested it out in the VR.

Not that it's a bad thing, I'm glad at least someone can defend against A2G! (Striker is almost as deadly as lancer, way easier to use)

Striker is fun to use. If nothing else you shit out enough missiles fast enough even if you are not killing enemy air they are spending time ducking and doging which buys your ground troops time to take them down or at least not get shot up as badly. The air to ground balance seems pretty solid at the moment. Air is strong and useful but ground troops have options that can be effective in defense.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah shit libs were fucking pain back in the day. I remember that shit. Im glad they nerfed them. I think balance overall is good. Vehicles and air are strong if you know what you are doing, but but they can still be taken out by troops if positioning is wrong.

I think harassers are really cool. They are fast so dumb fire rockets cant hit them, and they can be used to clear away swaths of troops just by driving over them. One night during alert we pushed the enemy out of one of our bases, so during the chase sundy hunt we were shooting back and forth over a mountain top, they would peak, then we would peak..etc.. then these 3 harassers came out fo nowhere and just drove right over us all, it was crazy.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The game has changed a lot from how it used to be, almost like it's harder to kill people now but I'm still not 100% sure that it's not netcode.

I hate harassers with a passion and I don't think they belong in the game, they are entirely too hard to take down and they can get almost anywhere. Hiding is for the most part not an option.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I noticed that too, the killing part. Sometimes people go down easy but sometimes you unload into a dude for like a second or more, then he just turns towards you and kills you. I know all the shields and shit, but I have one too. The bullets seem to do like 140ish to 160ish damage and most people have like 800-1000 depending on class and shield. Most guns are in the .5 to 1.0 sec TTK range depending on the gun so everyone should go down within a second.

Biggby

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I noticed that too, the killing part. Sometimes people go down easy but sometimes you unload into a dude for like a second or more, then he just turns towards you and kills you. I know all the shields and shit, but I have one too. The bullets seem to do like 140ish to 160ish damage and most people have like 800-1000 depending on class and shield. Most guns are in the .5 to 1.0 sec TTK range depending on the gun so everyone should go down within a second.

If you were playing TR and getting turned on by NC, then this is by design

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The game has changed a lot from how it used to be, almost like it's harder to kill people now but I'm still not 100% sure that it's not netcode.

I hate harassers with a passion and I don't think they belong in the game, they are entirely too hard to take down and they can get almost anywhere. Hiding is for the most part not an option.
A few av mines wreck harassers bad they go so fast they have no time to react to them

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It is probably implants they have reworked these and some can improve your durability.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm doing alright with the Orion and a laser sight. TR/NC shotguns hit hard as fuck in base fights, bout only thing I'm actually worried about.

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
Oldie of mine but goodie. I sometimes miss thermals, not that they were needed here to shit on people

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Played some tonight, really forgot how bad the 1v1 combat is. I empty an entire clip into someone and they turn around and fire a tiny quarter second burst and I fall over. In the "who got you" screen they have no damage to shields or health.

In a big battle you don't really notice that much, but when one guy is being annoying you really see it. That guy was just murdering whole squads by himself, and I don't know if it was ping or a better gun or some kind of pay to win armor? He seemed to fire before he reached a corner, which I am VERY familiar with because the same thing happens with Sombra in overwatch. So I'm guessing he had some fancy tech to see through walls.

• 1Like

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
There are lots of shitty lag wizards. Shooting before going around a corner could be 1)Motion darts/sensor 2) someone else spotted you (shows location AND where you're facing on mini map) or maybe even 3 )hax