Planetside 2

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I managed to snag a free 100% three day exp boost on my level 5 TR alt.

To bad I cant use it on my mains.

This is going to cause severe faction issues if is repeated in the future.

Dynalisia

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's supposed to solve faction issues. They regularly make the faction that is underpopulated the preferred one to balance the three out. However, that just causes a huge influx of newbies, tons of which disappear again. Now, handing out exp boosts is a consolidation tactic: it lets people lever faster, which also gives them a few more toys to pay with (which also helps the needy faction a bit by making that newbie stronger). This causes them to develop an investment bond with the game quicker and helps keep them around and playing on that needy faction. Of course this is not a black-white thing, it won't have an effect on everyone, but it will probably help a bit.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I wonder if they'll ever put in faction transfers. When I created my TR around release time, we were the under-populated faction at that time. Now we're usually super overpopulated. I'd love to help the underdog (plus more targets = more exp!) but really REALLY don't feel like spending months earning the thousands of certs needed for the 'boring' stuff like flak/nanoweave armor, not to mention all the other unlocks. Too much of a penalty for starting over.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I wonder if they'll ever put in faction transfers. When I created my TR around release time, we were the under-populated faction at that time. Now we're usually super overpopulated. I'd love to help the underdog (plus more targets = more exp!) but really REALLY don't feel like spending months earning the thousands of certs needed for the 'boring' stuff like flak/nanoweave armor, not to mention all the other unlocks. Too much of a penalty for starting over.
half the reason I left and went to play Vanu on Connery.

Playing TR on waterson sucks nuts.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Odd you say that Regime, I logged on TR the other night and there wasn't one fight on any of the 3 maps. Just wish I had all that SC back.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Honestly there is no dominate faction on Mattherson these days. It's completely random what faction will be the dominate one on any given day. Well I don't think its really random I think there are several large outfits rotating factions daily. If they play one faction the game will balance out around there presence. Jumping factions constantly keeps that from happening and puts them in control of deciding what faction will be dominate on any given day.

All in all it comes down to SoE not providing any reasons to stick to one faction and not constantly faction hop.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Odd you say that Regime, I logged on TR the other night and there wasn't one fight on any of the 3 maps. Just wish I had all that SC back.
well kinda my point either they have 50% pop while attacking or the fighting is dead.

Hekotat

Just discovered the Corvus AR for VS today and holy shit I am in love.

Hekotat

Did they nerf how dark it get's during the night cycle in game? I remember incredible night battles in beta with all the flashlights but now it seems like it's no darker than dusk.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So in one of those "Did I do that?" moments... I'm sitting on top of a Tech base with a Sniper. I'm helping to spot for him while I use my AA launcher to scare away the fliers. After about 10 minutes of this I notice a red sneaking up to shoot the Sniper in the back. So I swing my launcher around and... one-shot my friendly sniper in the face lol I then proceed to die shamefully from said red. I don't know why, but I'm still laughing about this a few minutes later, I just can't suppress the laughter. You had to be there =P

Hekotat

One of my favorite moments was watching 20-30 aircraft hovering closely over a cap point to get the XP when a Lib lost control of his shit and took about 12-15 Scythe's with him to their deaths, I think I laughed for most of the day about that.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
One of my favorite moments was watching 20-30 aircraft hovering closely over a cap point to get the XP when a Lib lost control of his shit and took about 12-15 Scythe's with him to their deaths, I think I laughed for most of the day about that.
I've recently started belly flopping things like harassers with my empty galaxy, I'll have to try to sneak up on something like that and just ram like mad until I die
tongue.png