Planetside 2

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Haha, yep that was me. I'm surprised I got you I'm still trying to dial in my mouse after the patch.
Seems as if the shooting is a little better at least from range. Before you had to always aim quite a bit over their heads for headshots. Not anymore. Its usually right at the top of their head or slightly above.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Itz all bout da Benjaminz

rrr_img_73109.jpg

Some of the camo you get for attending SOE live

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I also have alts on all factions for both Connery and Emerald. I'll find out tomorrow if I'm in town for at least part of next week. Most of the time I'm TR Emerald or VS Connery though.

What night do you guys want? I'm thinking next Thursday or Friday night. It's kind of a weekend night but Heko would be able to make it.
What faction and server? I'll play whatever. I do want to avoid any of the factions that have it easy because of pop or organized outfits. (aka VS Emerald).

darkko_sl

shitlord
Logged into my account last night for first time in a year. BR 18, NC on Emerald. Still trying to get used to everything again. I do have 3,000 SC, is there anything that I should pick up right away? I usually play a Medic and was using the NC1 Gauss Rifle last time I played.

Did they change the certs screen a little bit? I haven't spent much time looking around yet, but I only saw one thing I could buy with certs under my Medic. I vaguely recall upgrading the rez gun to max, but I can't remember for sure. Is there a way to tell what I've already spent certs on?

I'll try and plan around whatever time you guys decide.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
logged in for the first time since the update. CTD 3 times in 5 minutes. not an improvement.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Itz all bout da Benjaminz

rrr_img_73109.jpg

Some of the camo you get for attending SOE live
Lol I am torn between being amused I am getting those next week for going to SOE live and being a bit ashamed to wear camo of a bunch of money to remind me how ouchy my damn plane ticket was this year grrr stupid plane tickets.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just to get a more seasoned players opinion if you plan on playing LA mostly which faction would you choose..

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Logged into my account last night for first time in a year. BR 18, NC on Emerald. Still trying to get used to everything again. I do have 3,000 SC, is there anything that I should pick up right away? I usually play a Medic and was using the NC1 Gauss Rifle last time I played.

Did they change the certs screen a little bit? I haven't spent much time looking around yet, but I only saw one thing I could buy with certs under my Medic. I vaguely recall upgrading the rez gun to max, but I can't remember for sure. Is there a way to tell what I've already spent certs on?

I'll try and plan around whatever time you guys decide.
Uprade your medic tool/Engi tool to max. Those are cert makers. Revive nades are also a cert maker if you roll medic.

Then I'd get Nano-weave/Adv Shield Cap/Flak Armor/Grenade Bandolier Whatever is your cup of tea for survivability/utility.

I can play Fri night, Thurs night I will be at work. I can probably do Sat night as well but I won't be on my game.

Hekotat

Just to get a more seasoned players opinion if you plan on playing LA mostly which faction would you choose..
They are all pretty equal but it's hard to Argue with TR's Lynx ROF for CQC, If you are good at aiming for the head go shotgun, even the semi-auto shotties can kill in one shot if you don't panic.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
One nice thing about getting guns for the LA is that they and the engineers use most of the same weapons. So getting a tooled up weapon for one gives you a good weapon for the other as well.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
While yes, that's technically a plus, it's not a big one.

Unless you're glued to a max (in which case, you may as well go gunless, you're going to be repairing 90+% of the time), engineers tend to favor range (range is the only thing letting you fight vehicles and have a chance at winning, and that what enginee's do) while LA like short range.

I mean, you COULD run a close range build with the HEY OVER HERE! SHOOT ME IN THE HEAD WHILE I CAN'T DODGE. I'M EVEN GLOWING SO YOU NOTICE ME MORE! AI turret, but only fools, people on the winning side of the zerg, or people behind REAL shields deploy that nonsense. There are far better classes for close range fighting. Ones who don't give up a 3rd of their kit as a wasted slot in CQC.

Just one of the game's little oddities. Engines like range but are given short/short-med range guns. Medics almost always want to be on the front lines, or not far from it, but they get excellent med/med-long guns.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I have an old laptop, and it plays most modern MMOs smooth enough to get stuff done, but man PS2 does not like my laptop. Like 1-2FPS bad where I get 30 in other games.

I did see I have 7k certs too (cap is still 10k I think), says they reset my Max aquisition timers. I'll have lots to spend on the new airframe when it comes out :p

Hekotat

They reset all acquisition timers, that's where they more than likely came from. For those other that just logged in for the first time in a long time they also refunded all Adv. Laser and Adv. foregrip certs so you'll have to rebuy them.

Hekotat

I think I'm an average pilot until I fly into a stationary rock 2ft off the ground. Had a blast last night though.