PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think PUBG is more fun to play/watch (certain people, I couldn't watch defensive players play it), but Fornite is the better game overall. I haven't even played Fortnite in months, but I know it's better than PUBG because in the beginning weapon RNG isn't as important and at the end the circle doesn't dictate 80% of the final 10's gameplay. Once PUBG figures out to fucking put rifles/smg's everywhere instead of fucking pants and they adjust the blue to reasonable rates it'll be a much closer battle. Fortnite kills also feel about 1/4 as good as PUBG kills. If I get a 9 kill game in PUBG I'm fucking pumped. If I get a 9 kill game in a solo Fortnite that's just like, slightly above average.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I think PUBG is more fun to play/watch (certain people, I couldn't watch defensive players play it), but Fornite is the better game overall. I haven't even played Fortnite in months, but I know it's better than PUBG because in the beginning weapon RNG isn't as important and at the end the circle doesn't dictate 80% of the final 10's gameplay. Once PUBG figures out to fucking put rifles/smg's everywhere instead of fucking pants and they adjust the blue to reasonable rates it'll be a much closer battle. Fortnite kills also feel about 1/4 as good as PUBG kills. If I get a 9 kill game in PUBG I'm fucking pumped. If I get a 9 kill game in a solo Fortnite that's just like, slightly above average.

Pretty decently said. Also with the watching defensive players etc. Got killed last night by a squad with a guy who i felt was cheating. but he was just a ridiculous tryhard who plays defensively with his squad. Guy has a rediculous 13-15 K/D ratio on his stats and a 75% squad win rate. But when I researched and found his stream and watched for a round, they did callouts etc. but they were 100% deadpan serious. No smiles, no emotion, looked like having fun was below them. If they conversed about anything that wasn't a callout, it was theorycrafting about gun dps and shit.

Last edited:

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Ugh, starting to crash now thanks to running out of memory -.-
63358-error-out-of-memory.png.175454ef4cb6f9bb0555878b08d0ac44.png

Hadn't had this issue once since I started playing back in December. Now it's happened twice during one match. Not sure how my 1070 with 8 gigs is running out : /

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
As long as shit like this is the case, this will never be a watchable ESport, nevermind all the other problems.

I will say this is slightly less a game design problem, and more a competitive scoring problem because the system rewards them for doing shit like staying in the water.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Fortnite is infinitely more entertaining to watch than pubg is however.
personal preference i guess, i cannot stand to watch fortnite. I barely watch twitch anymore because of it. For me its just the building meta. i dont like it in a BR. PUBG for me is much more entertaining when you see a truely good player do work. Its pretty awesome.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Wait, they got rid of the rain entirely? I just thought I hadn't seen it. What a stupid idea.
i seen PlayerUnknown post something about the taking it away becuase they didnt like the way it ran on certain people systems and they wanted to make it less taxing on people's PC's and that it would be back at some point. who knows.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
There actually is some bullet penetration of water, but it works pretty shitty. You mostly have to be shooting more straight down

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
New test patch this week. I feel like they have a real complexity problem, and don't know when to just do things simpler for both efficiency, understanding, and enjoyment. Limb penetration, really?

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I'd imagine limb penetration is on the idea of the vehicle still. Which is a great start, imo. I'd imagine doors and water will be next, then everything else.

Regardless, that's a pretty indirect nerf/balance to the trucks and cars.

I can only think of minut instances in which an arm can soak up a huge chunk of damage when you're fighting head-on. It's gonna be an interesting buff towards qcb.

As my friend bitches about many of the mechanics that already sound like they should be in the game, I don't know if it was discussed here; prob was.. 1.0 was a huge rework on gun damage. So it helps make sense that a lot of these "already should be in the game" features are coming after.

I'm just wondering if they fucked their selves in the coding department much like League did prior to the overhaul where everything was labeled Creep1, Creep2, Creep3.

Last edited:

gak

<Gold Donor>

When I was trying to see what handle wasn't already taken and I kept adding "k's" to "gak" I got the predictable "Oy vey Goyim ! You can't have "kkk" in anything you evil trump supporting white supremacist!" meanwhile the announcer in the tourney was screaming "Here comes Captain Coon!!!" or whatever his name was every 5 seconds and chat was pissing themselves laughing.

Mod re: old removed pic - Sorry, assumed the pic was a dude, but ya I guess it could be a 'lady.'

s.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Limbs soaking hits happens if you lean. Your arms basically cover your chest when you lean, creating an additional layer of "armor" in the chest area and basically just leaving you with headshots as a reliable means of dealing damage (esp if they have cover). Limb penetration should in theory mean your chest will again take full damage, even if the arm is soaking hits.

As for cars, I'm a little less sure on the value. Damage inside vehicles is already pretty good and you can also blow them up.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I don't even care if people are good shots, I can live with that. People who can't fucking pay attention, can't listen to what's happening, and just wander off when you're in the middle of a fight are frustrating as fuck to play with.

• 1Solidarity

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm gonna start streaming this again, if you guys like watching a texan lose his shit and rage over a game you can check out my channel.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I like watching the streams, havent pushed myself to buy it due to all the bitching about lack of fixes and stuff, but the vehicle deaths and stuff seem hella fun/whacky.

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I like watching the streams, havent pushed myself to buy it due to all the bitching about lack of fixes and stuff, but the vehicle deaths and stuff seem hella fun/whacky.

Even with lack of fixes. it's still one of the more fun/involved games out there to play these days. Sometimes duo's/squads relies on playing with someone you meld with well. I only recently started getting into solo's but solo's are good for just dicking around, trying new things and whatnot for me.