PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
This needs to be taken out.

- On Miramar specifically, players can now see the first safe zone while flying in the airplane. (We may or may not carry this over to the next live update. We want your feedback about this change.)

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Holy shit, that's awesome. Excited to try no clothing spawns.

A little apprehensive about the blue zone changes though; seems like finding a vehicle early is now even more important.

Frames are alot better but the maps are fucking barren now, we ran completely through Ferry Town, fought a group and another town and still had like two AR's and no armor or meds. I have no idea why people still defend the RNG loot factor, I play the game to shoot people and it's atrocious now. Especially after playing Savage with all the weapons everywhere.

There were several houses I ran through that had not one item in them.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh, I just assumed without clothing spawns, that the loot would be like the Savage map. So, is it actually worse than previously?

If so, hopefully they tune it when they realize how ridiculous that is. Their track record for testing any changes has been completely shit since the game started. It's the complaint I see after every patch, "Did they even test this?"

Hekotat

Oh, I just assumed without clothing spawns, that the loot would be like the Savage map. So, is it actually worse than previously?

If so, hopefully they tune it when they realize how ridiculous that is. Their track record for testing any changes has been completely shit since the game started. It's the complaint I see after every patch, "Did they even test this?"

You basically can tell how much of the spawns were taken by clothing and they appear to be two different loot tables.

I'm starting to get burned out on the game due to how crazy the RNG is with the loot, I don't mind running into people fully 3'd with 2x ARs early on, but when I'm running around with a crossbow, 5 bolts, with no armor and run into those guys it's not fun (Mainly after looting 4-5 buildings). I honestly don't see it changing either, the Reddit hive mind defends it like crazy.

I hope they keep Savage the way it was and just let it be crazy fighting, otherwise I don't see myself logging in as much to play it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, when Savage came out I made a post similar to that. The RNG in this game sucks.

There are two where if you get bad RNG, you have almost no shot at winning. One is item spawns, especially if you drop with another group. Weapons are too sparse where you can loot 4-5 buildings and come up empty handed and get blown away.

The other my squad seems to get often is bad circle spawn. When you're on the 4th or 5th circle and the next one spawns on the opposite side, you almost may as well quit out (and I feel like the new faster circle times will make this worse). Your only option is to run straight to the next circle and the people with the "good circle" luck will be sitting there waiting to take pot shots at you the entire way. There's just not enough time to either run a path with cover (or there is no cover), or to have a more protracted gun fight with the good circle people and still make it to the next one; you may be able to kill them, but the circle will kill you afterwards.

We've noticed a trend that when we get a good circle, it's almost an auto-win (at worst top 3). When you spend the first 5 minutes of the game just trying to make it into the circle, and then the next circle spawns 2 kilometers away, you're fucked.

Edit: Just realized they changed the circle dynamics by 30% regarding "bad circles." So hopefully that helps.

Last edited:

Hekotat

Yeah, when Savage came out I made a post similar to that. The RNG in this game sucks.

There are two where if you get bad RNG, you have almost no shot at winning. One is item spawns, especially if you drop with another group. Weapons are too sparse where you can loot 4-5 buildings and come up empty handed and get blown away.

The other my squad seems to get often is bad circle spawn. When you're on the 4th or 5th circle and the next one spawns on the opposite side, you almost may as well quit out (and I feel like the new faster circle times will make this worse). Your only option is to run straight to the next circle and the people with the "good circle" luck will be sitting there waiting to take pot shots at you the entire way. There's just not enough time to either run a path with cover (or there is no cover), or to have a more protracted gun fight with the good circle people and still make it to the next one; you may be able to kill them, but the circle will kill you afterwards.

We've noticed a trend that when we get a good circle, it's almost an auto-win (at worst top 3). When you spend the first 5 minutes of the game just trying to make it into the circle, and then the next circle spawns 2 kilometers away, you're fucked.

Edit: Just realized they changed the circle dynamics by 30% regarding "bad circles." So hopefully that helps.

Well the new circles are really really nice, if you can make the first few circles you are golden. It really helps in the end if you're trying to skirt the circle and actually get cover before being forced in. This was a much needed change but having no gear/weapons to fight with makes it moot.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
The other my squad seems to get often is bad circle spawn.

I'm sure you're aware but it's kinda like asking someone if they tried restarting their device.

But the closer you are to center of the circle, the better you are off regarding the next circle.

My friend cries circle fucked all the time, mean while he's off trying to be solid snake in some bush off in the wrong direction.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Shroud said on his stream after he talked with Greene that they intend to increase loot on the original 2 maps "but it's difficult"

IDK man. I agree. It's far more frustrating dieing because you can't find a gun than losing a fight.

I haven't dropped Ferry Pier in ages, that place is ass.

The new circle changes are great. First 2 faster, the rest way slower moving.

Hekotat

I'm sure you're aware but it's kinda like asking someone if they tried restarting their device.

But the closer you are to center of the circle, the better you are off regarding the next circle.

My friend cries circle fucked all the time, mean while he's off trying to be solid snake in some bush off in the wrong direction.

SNNNAAAAKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Only time we get circle fucked is on Miramar when we go Higos and there's not a vehicle anywhere.

Hekotat

Shroud said on his stream after he talked with Greene that they intend to increase loot on the original 2 maps "but it's difficult"

IDK man. I agree. It's far more frustrating dieing because you can't find a gun than losing a fight.

I haven't dropped Ferry Pier in ages, that place is ass.

The new circle changes are great. First 2 faster, the rest way slower moving.

I don't mind losing a fight, just give me a fucking gun. Even if it's an SMG. Fuck shotguns doe.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I don't mind losing a fight, just give me a fucking gun. Even if it's an SMG. Fuck shotguns doe.
Same. I killed 4 people in Chumacera last night in Duo's with a Tommy Gun. Fucking melted them. It felt great. Just give me a fighting chance

I mean, I understand why people like it. Because when you drop Hacienda and you're the one that gets the M4 with 90 bullets and mow's everyone down that feels great too. I'd by far rather have consistency though

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Maybe it's just because we play a lot of matches, so it's something most people don't see.

But often you get a bad first circle and can't find a vehicle. So you're huffing it across the map. You finally make it to the circle (often times this means using up all your meds to counteract the blue circle), and the next one pops up 2-3 km away. So now you're doing the same shit again.

I should point out that even dropping central doesn't prevent this. We'll drop in a place like Polyana or Minas and end up with a bad circle where we're just trying to catch up.

When I get home I can pull up my pubg account and look at some of the games where we end up moving 10+ km in a single match. It's fucking ridiculous.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
If you're moving 10km in a game you're doing something wrong. I don't think I've ever hit that. My recent hi is a little over 9km in a Miramar game I dropped prison. Most of the time my average long game is 5-6km

Also I think showing the circle before you drop on Miramar is a good thing. It gets some places that don't get used used, like that new city they added. No one would ever go there, but if it's more friendly to the circle it will see good play. There is a lot of shit there to loot, but it's out of the way.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I like that you say no one should ever have to go that far, followed by how you went that far recently.

Like I said, we probably play significantly more games than most people. It's just a higher sample.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
First circle makes sense on getting bad circles but in squads you usually dedicate one person to do a vehicle run at the 1:30 mark then hit the panic button at 1:00 assuming everyone has taken mental note of car spawns during loot. Usually not hard to go slightly out of the area, like the road to prison and getting some sort of wheels.

First circle problems for us is usually after getting stuck in a drawn out fight playing whack a mole.

Fadaar

That guy
Not having time to fight is my biggest annoyance not counting loot. After the first circle if you have a long way to run you cannot spare the time to get into a firefight without a vehicle. Which of course the first thing you do once the other team takes cover is start popping tires, so in the end everyone loses!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So reading reviews of the changes, people like it if they were solo players who like fighting, or people that already dropped hot in the middle of the map.

Basically any other play types are saying it's shit. Even if you do some early fighting, you have no time to loot them before running. It's been reduced to playing against the blue zone instead of other players.