PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Oh sack up, this needed to happen and you all know it. The M4 and to a lesser extend the SCAR obsoleted basically every other AR/SMG in the game with the exception of crate weapons. When the optimal non-crate loadout is M4+M4 with long range scope you know something is wrong.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Yup, SMG's needed a purpose at close range. And AR's full auto were more effective then DMR's at distance. Shit was broken.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I have fears of every AR kicking worse than the AK does right now, and making the game excessively hard to play

I'm okay with this, I was tired of getting sniped by 40 round mag snipers. They should be mid range weapons not snipers.

Fadaar

That guy
I'm ok with the changes as long a they don't go completely retarded with it and make every assault rifle recoil like an AK with no muzzle attachment. It's a war game, the weapon of choice is going to be an assault rifle in most situations that aren't indoors or long range (ie over 300m). I'm more worried about them over buffing SMG's than the rifle nerfs.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Played around on test today. the AK actually feels decent. Not sure how or why. but got 4 kills fairly easy with it the first time picking it up. The new DMR is pretty tits also. blows the SKS out of the water, especially with the nerfs they gave the sks.

Additionally, feels so good to pick up an AR comp/silencer/flash hider and being able to put it on said DMR.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The thing is, SMG's will never truly be viable outside of early game. The distance at which you fight in this game essentially means you want AR Sniper. I think SMG's should be great when you hot drop, but nerfing AR's isn't going to make you use an SMG

Hekotat

Yea they need to come up with a way to force people closer together. I'll still pick up an smg though.

Ump felt really good. ARs were definitely harder to hit things at range.

DMR is stupid op. It's got more umph than the mk14 and faster bullet velocity. I bet it get brought inline with sks.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So San Martin and Chumacera just got destroyed for lootability. I'm really not sure Chumacera is worth it anymore, and San Martin was always dubious because of people camping in windows, now made worse by the good loot spots getting removed. I'm not sure what the plan here was, push more people to Pecado and Hacienda?

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I feel like if they factored movement speed based off load out weight, smg could see a viability platform.. Although the AR nerf seem nice, I think the only smg that really benefits is the ump and maaybe the vector because their slight versatility.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fucking bizarre changes to the cities that you posted there.

Especially after the blue zone changes, which seemed like Bluehole telling everyone "jump hot!" Now we get a patch that basically says, "Stop jumping hot!"

Although that patch itself was bizarre because they had also added the lake on the north side, and a ton of buildings. With a mechanic that severely punished actually looting in those places. My guess is they just didn't think any of this shit through, and do no internal QA testing.

Hekotat

So San Martin and Chumacera just got destroyed for lootability. I'm really not sure Chumacera is worth it anymore, and San Martin was always dubious because of people camping in windows, now made worse by the good loot spots getting removed. I'm not sure what the plan here was, push more people to Pecado and Hacienda?

I never thought El Chupacabrah was worth it to begin with, everytime we dropped there we ended up with nothing so we started avoiding it.

I think the new attachments are taking place of the clothes spawns. Lvl 2 helmets and armor are pretty scarce, which isn't so bad I guess. Just need to buff those weapon spawns.

Hekotat

Fucking bizarre changes to the cities that you posted there.

Especially after the blue zone changes, which seemed like Bluehole telling everyone "jump hot!" Now we get a patch that basically says, "Stop jumping hot!"

Although that patch itself was bizarre because they had also added the lake on the north side, and a ton of buildings. With a mechanic that severely punished actually looting in those places. My guess is they just didn't think any of this shit through, and do no internal QA testing.

I think they banked on the slower circles being a part of Miramar and when they reverted those changes it fucked up their plans. I want those circle changes back.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I never got to play them, but I could really go for at least the circle 5+ changes.

Last weekend we had so many games we lost because the circle ended up spawning on the opposite side of us, forcing us to cross open terrain usually with no cover and the circle pressing behind us. Meanwhile whoever got lucky can just aim their guns in one direction (since the circle is almost always butted up against the previous blue zone), and pick everyone off who has to scramble towards them.

Stave

Potato del Grande
The thing is, SMG's will never truly be viable outside of early game. The distance at which you fight in this game essentially means you want AR Sniper. I think SMG's should be great when you hot drop, but nerfing AR's isn't going to make you use an SMG

I've won chicken dinners and many top 10's on solo with a fully kitted and silenced UMP. If you can camp with it and get people when they come near you, you can rip em to shreds. But yes, not a gun you would want to use mid game in open fields.

Xevy

Log Wizard
UMP/K98 was the original meta before M4/K98. Then they nerfed the Ump. Curious how un-nerfed it is as I don't plan on downloading PTR. The thing about the UMP is it's hard to shoot far, but with a silencer it's completely silent past 100m or so. Super advantageous. The VSS took that role, but I think I'd still rather have 40 in the clip than 20.

Hekotat

It definitely has the recoil it had pre-nerf, almost no recoil. It felt good.

They enlarged the site on the Uzi as well, I was deadly with that thing before, now it's going to be to easy.

gak

<Gold Donor>
Guaranteed chicken dinners:
K-Swiss and Immortals Announce First Ever Sneaker Designed Exclusively for an Esports Team
d.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users