PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So is this game worthwhile? Friend wants me to play.

But it sounds poorly optimized (just upgraded to Ryzen 1600 and GTX 1060) and plagued by cheaters. Will I have fun playing it on shit settings, solo, and battling aimbots?

Plagued by cheaters isnt fair. Ive played 150 hours and never met someone id call 100% a cheater.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, cheaters aren't super prevalent. It's not a "every 3rd match" type of thing. Some hacks were made public and free recently so there was a big boost. I have probably a few hundred hours and I've seen maybe 3 certain cheaters and maybe 2-5 "wtf" possible cheaters. The desync and shit makes it hard to tell. It's really not that bad just when you run into it it makes it magnified like 100x to you personally.

Definitely better with friends unless you're in it for the adrenaline rush of crawling through bushes in top 10. Which is cool, too.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
now days its all about trigger bots. Blatant hackers just want to fuck around they know they are getting banned, but whats hard to catch is the fucking people that are trying to seem legit and are using the trigger bots. Some of them are really hard to tell.

xzi

Mouthbreather
trigger bots were and are a rampant issue in CSGO and Overwatch, especially CSGO though. It's actually insane when the game has a big sale how many people get banned. It's fun to watch the vac bans spike to like 900+ people banned in a day on this site VAC-BAN.com - CS:GO stats tracking & VAC ban notifications

Anyways, it wouldn't surprise me if when this game is released and going on sale you see a lot more. But the game is so big and kind of random that who the fuck knows if someone is cheating or not unless you see their name in the kill feed like 30 times.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So is this game worthwhile? Friend wants me to play.

But it sounds poorly optimized (just upgraded to Ryzen 1600 and GTX 1060) and plagued by cheaters. Will I have fun playing it on shit settings, solo, and battling aimbots?
Went ahead and picked it up.

First, the download size was only 7.3 gigs which was pretty awesome. Figured it'd be 25-30.

I hopped into a game during my lunch break (not realizing how long it'd take). I'm pretty shit. No kills, but I at least lasted til 26th. Trying to find some good YouTube guides on guns, attachments, and really just anything to explain what the fuck to do. Because I basically just wandered picking up random shit from house to house.

I also need to figure out a headset/mic solution. I have some SteelSeries Siberia V2's that the left headset went out on a long time ago and I never replaced. Well, it's really really fucking hard to adjust to having the sound in one ear only (when you turn for say, a car, the sound will cut out completely for the one ear)

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Trying to find some good YouTube guides on guns, attachments, and really just anything to explain what the fuck to do. Because I basically just wandered picking up random shit from house to house.

Ideally you want 2 long guns. A long range weapon, either a sniper rifle/DMR, or an assault rifle in single fire with a 8x/4x scope. Second gun ideally for close range, SMG, AR, or SK12 shotty is best with red dot, or other shotguns are acceptable secondary. Pistol's are whatever, grab body armor, nades are nice, but honestly not a requirement. FRYING PAN > ALL. It can deflect bullets and is literally ass protection when on your back.

GRAB ALL MED SUPPLIES! First aid kits, and bandages will only heal you up to 75% health, Med kits will full heal you. Energy Drinks and Pain killers heal over time and can heal you to 100%.

GRAB CLOTHING! You want to fill every clothing slot, Eyes, Face, Shirt, Jacket, Gloves, Pants, Shoes, each once counts for a small amount of storage on top of your backpack.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't even pick up pistol ammo anymore it's just a waste of inventory space (excluding the very start of a game pre-gun)

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
GRAB CLOTHING! You want to fill every clothing slot, Eyes, Face, Shirt, Jacket, Gloves, Pants, Shoes, each once counts for a small amount of storage on top of your backpack.

From what I've seen on another board this is wrong, only the utility belt and backpack give you any storage.

Does anyone know how to aim with the crossbow? There's two vertical dots and I have no idea what range they're used at.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Everything has carry capacity on it, so I'm taking any information that isn't from the devs directly with a grain of salt.

Xevy

Log Wizard
From what I've seen on another board this is wrong, only the utility belt and backpack give you any storage.

Does anyone know how to aim with the crossbow? There's two vertical dots and I have no idea what range they're used at.

I've desperately been trying to test that shit. Every pre lobby I run to the table to get the xbow and test it on my teammate at different distances. Basically I think you should never change the scope. The drop after 100m is god awful, so the default scope which is basically a red dot is fine. I'm fairly certain if you make sure their head is between the two green dots on the default scope within 100m you'll hit them high chest/face. I literally tried to google a guide/video the other day on this and couldn't find one.

As for carrying capacity, it's like an artifact from earlier builds, I think. So there are two stats on clothing. Capacity and +Capacity. The +Capacity is found on utility belt, vests, and backpacks. EVERYTHING has capacity because I'm assuming in an earlier build you were able to store extra helmets/clothes/guns in your backpack and that is effectively their 'weight'. So no. Jackets don't increase capacity. You have a white bar on the left side of your equipment slots that is the actual capacity numbers and you can equip/dequip items as you want and hover over the number to see how it changes.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

xzi

Mouthbreather
You can pick up random cosmetics in the world, like masks or gloves or shirts, but also when you loot people you can steal what they were wearing as well, not just weapons but cosmetics too. You don't keep them, anything you pickup in a game will only be used in that game and after that you go back to having only the stuff you have unlocked from boxes/bought/etc

I always pick up a trench coat when I see it because I'm an edge lord

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Yeah, you should be entering rooms and just seeing pants and shirts and going "That's not a fucking gun, god dammit, oh now I'm being shot in the back, gg."

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Any good youtube channels for this other than Aculite? Please no autistic raging 16 year old.

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
I watch DrDisrespectLive in small doses, summit1g, Grimmz and AnthonyKongphan. YMMV

Oops you said Youtube, my bad. Those are Twitch streams but you can still watch the VODs on the Twitch website

Xevy

Log Wizard
Doc/Summit aren't probably good guides because of their playstyle. Grimmmz can be, but you've got to watch him solo for tutorial stuff. I say Sacriel is probably the best I can think of to learn from. He sometimes tends to narrate his play.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm fucking horrific at this.

1SOijI4.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Neat site called PUBG.ME captures all the leaderboard shit so you can look stuff up when you're not on the game and look up streamers and stuff.

Xevron - PUBG Stats

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user