PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Stupid nvidea video recording, I dont understand why sometimes it records sound correctly, other times it records the discord audio kinda echo-ey and off sounding.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Best part about this game is I had shit loot until maybe the 3rd circle, then other players helped me get caught up kek
filedetails
Had a squad game (3 of us) yesterday where we got absolutely fucking loaded. Everyone had level 3 out the ass, 4x and 8x scopes, tons of ammo, suppressors on all the guns. We saw 2 vehicles pass us far enough away that we couldn't hit them. Finished the game 3 vs 1, and the last guy remaining was the only person we actually shot at.

I think I had 6 hit points, and the guy who killed him had 8. Killed with a frag grenade. So basically we won by doing nothing.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yeap by 230 AM, 6 wins last night for me. 2 in a row with Heko/Gen/Jey/muur then swapping in Gimp and his friend winning a 3 in a row and a loose spare. Several other top 10's. Was insane. All 5+ kills for me.

I'll upload those wins later.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I think we're getting 1st person mode this month (this week?)? Only disappointing thing is that it sounds like it won't be for squads; solo/duo only.

Going to have to wait for squad mode.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I dunno if it was anything special (although there were some serious firefights just outside my area) but hey my first win. Last guy and I were each hiding behind a vehicle with basically the circle coming down to open field without even grass, kind of a weird last stand.

20170724215114_1.jpg

Edit: Oh, and I dropped at the school which was in the middle of the flight path and only wound up finding 1 guy there which seemed weird. I heard shots every direction the whole time I was running to safe zones but rarely could find anyone.

gak

<Gold Donor>
Is there any downside to allowing anyone to add me as a friend in discord in the options ?

So if I join a public server and 1000 trolls add me as a friend, if I'm later playing a game with 1 other person can the 1000 people spam you with text or voice during it ?

Thanks.

00.jpg

Hekotat

You would just hear in game notifications, which you could turn off. It's not like they pop up like steam notifications or anything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What program(s) are you all using to edit your videos? Using Shadowplay to record, if it makes a difference.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Not sure if linked, but

and for 2.50 key system, they're introducing some BR outfits. Supposedly to support the invitationals? And they'll only be released in that window of like August 3rd to 28th?

25plunkbat5-620x300.jpg

25plunkbat6-620x300.jpg

25plunkbat.jpg

25plunkbat2-620x300.jpg

3e97218c0422146708655990d0522addbabdf20b.jpg
254146358af153e922902a39f901f1ddfebdafee.jpg
d63b8df12204a3d15f6a6166930a901224f33599.jpg

Hekotat

What program(s) are you all using to edit your videos? Using Shadowplay to record, if it makes a difference.

I use VLC player, it has a record function and I just press it and play the video until I get to the stopping point I desire. I couldn't find any free video editing software that allowed you to make clips, every single one had a paywall for that function. If someone has a better solution, I'm all ears.

I want that tracksuit and the asian schoolgirl outfit. Are they going to be from drops or something you have to buy with real cash?

Molten Core Raider
I want that tracksuit and the asian schoolgirl outfit. Are they going to be from drops or something you have to buy with real cash?

From what I read yesterday there will be three boxes to get all the outfits but only one will have to be purchased with real cash, other two should be obtainable in game with BP. Will be a well spent $2.50, my corpses will be looking very stylish soon.

• 1Worf

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Track suit looks awesome except for the fact that's it bright ass yellow. Not sure I want to be a walking "shoot me" sign.

Squad games are starting to suck for my group. We're not super high ranked (we float around 10-15k), but it feels like everyone is so much better than us lately. Could really use another reset. I swear they said they'd be doing them more often?

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Track suit looks awesome except for the fact that's it bright ass yellow. Not sure I want to be a walking "shoot me" sign.

Squad games are starting to suck for my group. We're not super high ranked (we float around 10-15k), but it feels like everyone is so much better than us lately. Could really use another reset. I swear they said they'd be doing them more often?

Been a while since I played but the math here is pretty clear. Consider the likely outcome if you're a team of 4 playing 24 other evenly-matched teams. Against one other team you have a 50 percent edge. Against 24 other teams, all of whom you have a 50 percent edge against, your real-world winrate will be ~4 percent with a rather noticeable margin of error.

In other words, if the matchmaker is sensible to some degree and can find enough teams that are roughly even with your skill level, victories should be incredibly rare.

Add in tin-foil hat stuff like ("More cheaters at the higher echelons") and some stuff like selective memory (people tend to remember when they got fucked in a game rather than when they did the fucking), and your experience sounds pretty par for the course!

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
From what I read yesterday there will be three boxes to get all the outfits but only one will have to be purchased with real cash, other two should be obtainable in game with BP. Will be a well spent $2.50, my corpses will be looking very stylish soon.

It's $2.50 for a key for a crate with ONE item in it for 1 out of 5 (at least) outfits. With dupes a possibility. Unless you get lucky it'll probably cost $30+ to get a specific outfit.

Edit: Less than $30 if it's only shirt / pants obviously, I was thinking 4 pieces but a lot of those don't have headgear and shoes are whatever

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Could be the beginning of the end for the game.

Let's not forget this is the company that made Tera and rode the microtransaction/p2w train on that game right in to the ground.

Hekotat

Doubtful, if anything runs them into the ground it will be the knee-jerk reactions to teamkilling.

• 1Solidarity