PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Stole this from reddit.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/3932904642

We’ve continued to see reports regarding someone live streaming their match, and their opponent watching the stream in order to gain an in-game advantage (also known as stream sniping). While this is obviously poor sportsmanship on the part of the one viewing the stream, we’d like to clarify that this is not a violation of any current policies. In fact, we cannot enforce any ‘fair play’ policies if a user chooses to provide their opponent an advantage. If someone in-game chooses to tell their opponent every move they’re making, thereby informing them how to counter it, we cannot conclude that any violation has taken place. Even if this could be considered a violation, we simply cannot micro-manage every streamed match to ensure the opponent was not looking at it, or using it to their advantage. It goes far beyond the scope of what we’re able to enforce. It’s advisable for those streaming to take precautions, including delaying their streams by a significant amount of time, to avoid any potential advantage they may be providing their opponent.

This sums up my feelings on it. Do I think stream sniping is pussy shit? Yah I would prefer people didn't do it. Punishing people that you can't really prove did it is just bullshit and puts a ton of power in streamers that cry all the fucking time anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Grimmz gets people banned for "stream sniping" him somehow. How deep does this fuckin rabbit hole go.

I watched this fucking retard complain about stream sniping when he died on the bridge trying to cross it, you know, the most common camping spot in the entire fucking game lmao

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lirik usually doesn't bitch about stream snipers in this game, but he does in others. He will avoid games if it becomes too much of a problem though. He used to play Town of Salem from time to time, but the snipers became too much so he had to quit playing it.

I just feel like stream snipers in this game aren't that much of a problem because most plebs aren't that great at the game and any of high-level players should be able to take care of them easily. Regardless, they are streaming the game and like the battle.net posts says the streamers are willingly giving away information and that is on them. The streamer can combat it on their end but choose not to.

Last edited:

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly I don't understand why streamers are not running a delay for any kind of competitive game.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Didn't know Jaryd was a streamer, good to know he is a tool online as much as in real life.

• 1Worf

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Like someone else said, they get an advantage by having hundreds of "spotters." They give that up if they delay it.

• 1Like

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Most of the muh interaction is reading off a donation of some dude thanking Summit1g or whatever for being there for them during their hard times after they got dumped or whatever bullshit.

I really enjoy streamers and I don't think it is easy but the non stop crying by some of them about stream sniping is fucking annoying. I just kind of ignored it but if people are getting banned because of this shit then that is fucked up. Catering to these streamers might seem like a good plan but they are all going to fucking bail soon enough once the next hot game comes out.

• 1Worf

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Some people have a hard time believing they got outplayed and always have to blame something. Grimmz is the FPS_Doug of PUBG.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yep, rabbit hole goes deep. Unproveable activities outside of the game that we don't like? Get fucked.

The guy in question completely refutes this statement with a pretty believable story. At this point I honestly believe random_guy_01 more than the "judgement" of the PUBG admins. They keep saying "no one gets special treatment" despite specifically doing nothing but give special treatment publicly for like 2 fucking weeks. There's blatant cheaters on top some of the leader boards that haven't been banned for weeks. Then, again, random guy gets mob-reported for theoretically stream sniping, gets banned within TWENTY minutes of the supposed incident, and they somehow reviewed that guy's lobby data to determine he was quitting and rejoining lobbies to try and find these streamers? Coincidentally at the exact same time another, different duo was actually doing that very thing?

Or, more likely, the shitty admins that have a track record of being shitty banned someone because of mob mentality and celebrity treatment and, having already established as being shitty admins, they refuse to acknowledge the mistake that would make them look even shittier and make up some excuse to say this guy was in fact deserving of the totally-legit-not-special-treatment-at-all ban.

• 2Solidarity

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
If you are a streamer, you are showcasing your habits to the world.

You are going to eat shit if you always use the same path to loot and then move to the next looting area.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's funny that so many of you are defending stream sniping. You know who the real stream snipers are? They're like 15 year old kids. All they do is try over and over to get into their favorite streamers game and kill them. And they fail probably 90% of the time, but they can really fuck you up if they show up at an inopportune time. Also when they play like that they don't play strategically, they just fight like complete retards so you can't try and account for tactics. Stream snipers are basically the saddest human beings in the FPS world.

That said, some streamers do complain about stream sniping too much, like Grimmmz, but SOME of the time he takes note of their names. Then when he dies to them 3 times in 5 games he knows. Othertimes he just sees people acting outside of their own interest trying to kill him or he gets jumped and he blames them because he wants the excuse. I think it's annoying they have the power to ban these people,. but if it's only temprorary, who cares.

If you don't think they can check your data you obviously didn't see their feature they're adding that archives ALL of ALL of the players movements in any given game into a map that you can then watch after the match is over. It's like Halo's forge replays, but 2D on a map. They mentioned and demo'd this months ago, so they're definitely tracking each player and they can easily glance at this shit to see if they really are stream sniping. And stream sniping is griefing, and griefing in this game, like EVERY FPS FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS is an actionable offense.

Also streamers don't "use chat for callouts". You kidding me? 1/100 times are they helpful. They turn the delay on so they can interact with their chat and argue with them about tactics and shit. Not as many people are going to watch a streamer if they're responding from comments 2 minutes ago then moving on from that and never allowing that discussion to ferment.

In H!Z1 you can currently be suspended/banned for calling some one a fag over mic. So, it could be much, MUCH worse.

• 2Picard

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's funny that so many of you are defending stream sniping. You know who the real stream snipers are? They're like 15 year old kids. All they do is try over and over to get into their favorite streamers game and kill them. And they fail probably 90% of the time, but they can really fuck you up if they show up at an inopportune time. Also when they play like that they don't play strategically, they just fight like complete retards so you can't try and account for tactics. Stream snipers are basically the saddest human beings in the FPS world.

That said, some streamers do complain about stream sniping too much, like Grimmmz, but SOME of the time he takes note of their names. Then when he dies to them 3 times in 5 games he knows. Othertimes he just sees people acting outside of their own interest trying to kill him or he gets jumped and he blames them because he wants the excuse. I think it's annoying they have the power to ban these people,. but if it's only temprorary, who cares.

If you don't think they can check your data you obviously didn't see their feature they're adding that archives ALL of ALL of the players movements in any given game into a map that you can then watch after the match is over. It's like Halo's forge replays, but 2D on a map. They mentioned and demo'd this months ago, so they're definitely tracking each player and they can easily glance at this shit to see if they really are stream sniping. And stream sniping is griefing, and griefing in this game, like EVERY FPS FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS is an actionable offense.

Also streamers don't "use chat for callouts". You kidding me? 1/100 times are they helpful. They turn the delay on so they can interact with their chat and argue with them about tactics and shit. Not as many people are going to watch a streamer if they're responding from comments 2 minutes ago then moving on from that and never allowing that discussion to ferment.

In H!Z1 you can currently be suspended/banned for calling some one a fag over mic. So, it could be much, MUCH worse.

bs2.gif

So people who stream snipe are sadder then people who use aimbot? Are you fucking retarded? You are basically just lying by saying streamers don't use callouts. We have all seen streamers doing this and to pretend that they don't use it because it isn't helpful is more bullshit.

Recording a players movements is not proof of fucking anything. They are banning people over what they think.

• 2Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I'm supposed to be upset that some 15 year old kid wants to hunt down a guy purposefully broadcasting his location to the world? Sorry, not going to happen.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Stream sniping sounds fucking hilarious, how can you be against it? Are any of you popular streamers?

What are the system requirements like for this, is it playable on minimum settings? Been watching pewdiepie play this again, he did a nice masterclass in avoiding the bridges with boats :)