PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not defending snipers at all. It's a dickish, lame thing to do. But to say "no special treatment" when X guy gets banned in 20 minutes after being accused of stream sniping (with no visual proof of it, still) is special fucking treatment. Not to mention that banning for it, in general is a pretty ridiculous stance to take considering it's happening 100% out of the control of the game company anyway.

Could someone be arrested for finding and saying "hi" to a IRL streamer that broadcasts his exact plans and locations in a public place? No, that would be fucking dumb. You would only go after that someone if they became troublesome. That's the only time stream sniping should be bannable, is if it's a clear, repeat offender.

I dunno if the Apex person ever got banned even (they never participated in the reddit posts) so it could be a case where the actual stream sniper never even got punished.

As with every "drama" instance related to PUBG the past two weeks, the incident itself isn't the biggest problem, it's the policies, reactions, attitudes, and mentality of the PUBG devs / admins that are a huge issue. Although randomly getting banned for killing a streamer IS a huge fucking red flag, and Grimmz saying he's gotten several (many?) people banned over the past few months for sniping is also a red flag.

Edit:
If you don't think they can check your data you obviously didn't see their feature they're adding that archives ALL of ALL of the players movements in any given game into a map that you can then watch after the match is over. It's like Halo's forge replays, but 2D on a map. They mentioned and demo'd this months ago, so they're definitely tracking each player and they can easily glance at this shit to see if they really are stream sniping. And stream sniping is griefing, and griefing in this game, like EVERY FPS FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS is an actionable offense

If you think that is seriously what resulted in a random fucking admin banning a guy less than 20 minutes after the supposed sniping (which again, all video and evidence provided so far shows the guy to be innocent) in the middle of the night, than you are insane. If you think this is somehow in line with their supposed policy of "no special treatment", you are insane. If you don't think streamers themselves can be held liable at all for the results of their behavior, you are insane.

In fact, if I was a rando teamed up with a popular streamer and we got stream sniped because of the streamer, I would hold him as guilty as the sniper. He's literally just providing all information about his teams' movements to anybody.

If streamers want that real-time interactivity with their chat, they have to accept responsibility for the cost. Stream sniping is a dick thing to do, end of story. Deal with it.

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
So I'm supposed to be upset that some 15 year old kid wants to hunt down a guy purposefully broadcasting his location to the world? Sorry, not going to happen.

No, you're supposed to be upset when they get banned for it, apparently.

I have friends who are popular streamers and yes, stream snipers are vindictive faggots. If you guys want to stream and let me and my team do nothing but hunt you for 6 hours to out how it feels, please do so.

By the way, 80% of these people saying they were wrongfully banned or whatever are the same fucks who use aimbots/esp and post the same thing.

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So far a little last night or at least all this morning, playing solo and duo, heavy random network lag lockups.... >.< Both getting it so not my end.

spronk

FPS noob
did you guys know you could sell the twitch prime loot box for $25 on the steam marketplace if you never opened it

for an ugly as fuck baclava and pants

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
did you guys know you could sell the twitch prime loot box for $25 on the steam marketplace if you never opened it

for an ugly as fuck baclava and pants

Hey fuck you! I love my baklava!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
it was inevitable - twitch plays pubg. got 3d place in a game a few hours ago i guess, but it is delayed input and mass voted so not exactly anarchy rules

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The monthly update will be pushed to the Public Test Server in about 1 hour at 5PM KST / 8AM UTC, as we need some extra time to test the new 1st person view before updating the live servers later in the week.

Early Access - Month 4 - Patch Notes

Server Optimization

Optimized fences, doors, and windows

Optimized vehicle physics

Client Optimization

Optimized memory usage for world objects

Optimized terrain rendering

Optimized vehicle physics

Optimized User Interface

New Items

Added new weapon Mk14 EBR. Mk14 EBR is a Designated Marksman Rifle that can only be obtained from Carepackages. This weapon is chambered for 7.62mm and sniper rifle attachments

Character

Added two new face presets and hairstyles to character customization for both genders

Gameplay

Added 1st Person server options to NA and EU Solo and Duo game-modes

Players who choose 1st Person mode will be matched together

Character view is set to 3rd Person mode in starting airplane and during free fall from the airplane. This will be set to 1st Person only in a future update

Camera will stay still while looting items to prevent dizziness

Added a new feature to report players

Some people killed knocked-out teammates in order to avoid giving kill count to an opponent who knocked them down. Now the kill count will still go to the opponent in this specific case.

Added new animation when using different consumables

Improved camera transition when disabling Free look feature (Alt Key)

Increased the reload time of VSS

Players may now re-enter games if they have been disconnected mid-game

You may now play with Xbox controllers, and we will continue to make improvements with Xbox controllers

Sound volume difference from inside and outside of building is more obvious

Added new sound effect while scoping or aiming weapon

Added new effects when a character is running or sprinting over different types of surfaces

Improved character animation without any weapon or with melee weapon

Added slight delay when using the drag-and-drop feature on items in inventory UI. We implemented this delay to provide a fair gameplay environment to all players

Improved post-process effect when a character takes damage outside of the blue circle

Items and Vehicles

Added a lower rail attachment slot to SKS

You may now honk a car horn when sitting in the driver's seat with Left Mouse Click

Decreased the chance of vehicle explosion after the vehicle gets stuck in objects

Vehicle driving sound will change slightly in FPP and TPP modes

Added new sound effects for motorcycle tire screech while driving

Eliminated firing delay of S1897 from pump action after reload

Improved effects of boats

Added spark effect to flat tires

Reduced cast time of First Aid Kit / Painkiller to 6 seconds

Reduced cast time of Med Kit / Adrenaline Syringe to 8 seconds

UI

Added more features and hot keys to the Options Menu

Added new option for V-Sync

You may now designate a maximum of two different keys for each key bind

Added new option to set toggle on certain actions and features

You may now use Mouse wheel up/down as one of your key binds

Added new keybinds, such as all mute (Ctrl+M) and switching Voice Channel (Ctrl+Y), and a new option to adjust the volume of voice chat

Added new keybinds to use specific throwables

Added Colorblind Mode

Added an FOV slider for 1st person view

Added some region names to the mini map

Added new option to display helmet, vest, and backpack equipped on HUD UI. This HUD UI will be updated further in the future

Added new option to display all equipped weapons on the right side of the screen. This UI will be updated further in the future

Bug fixes

Partially fixed client crash issues

Fixed an issue of weapons sporadically ceasing to fire despite being set to auto firing mode

You may not use consumables in vehicles underwater

Fixed bugs below while spectating another character

A character appeared to be shaking when the character moves around

Camera swing when a character scopes while walking

Camera swing when a character peeks left or right while scoping

A character appeared to be shaking when the player moves his mouse while scoping in Prone

Characters farther than 500m away from a vehicle will no longer hear the tire screech sound

Fixed post-process bug underwater in FPP mode

Fixed an issue of the reloading sound getting played repetitively after dropping a weapon while reloading

Fixed the probability of getting rainy weather to previous value

Fixed a bug where a character could not equip attachment with full inventory

Fixed a bug where weapons would continue to play looped reload animation even after canceling the reload

Fixed a bug where a character could see through the other side of wall when scoping or crouching against certain walls

Fixed a bug where a character sitting on objects inside of certain buildings could see through ceilings and walls

Fixed sporadic issue of disabling in-game UI

Eliminated bombing outside of Red Zone

Finally, this will be my last dev blog for a while as due to the fact I will be traveling extensively over the coming months, I will be unable to post with ease. The dev blog will now be handled by the community team.

See you in-game, PLAYERUNKNOWN

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I hope the vehicle physics change doesn't mean they fixed things like crashing and rag-dolling the vehicle 300 feet into the air. Because that shit is hilarious.

I'm also glad they made it so disconnected players can reconnect. Figured that would've been in a long time ago.

Looking forward to playing!

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
I love this game but im horrible. I mostly solo queue so Im all quiet, listening for movement or stuff then someone shoots at me and it scares the shit outta me and i end up dying cause of swinging the mouse around like a spaz.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
My wishlist for this game which I know is a fucking pipe dream of logic that'll never see the light of day.

1. Brighter muzzle flashes.
Unless you have a flash hider/suppressor I should absolutely be able to see you shooting at me, I've died too many times with no idea from where.

2. Scope sway on sniper rifles.
They just keep adding them and they are super easy to score kills with, there needs to be a skill trade off for their power and accuracy. Especially if PU has such a hard on for them.

3. Disable free look in 3rd person mode.
Turning and looking in all directions with no penalty to it is not only unrealistic as shit but stupid. There should be penalties for turning around to check behind you while running through a field. at least limit the distance you can spin around without having to turn your entire character.

4. Remove clothing drops from the game or create some kind of meaningful wardrobe system for them.
There is currently no reason for these drops to be in game taking up valuable loot spawns. Maybe make it where if you pick up the item it adds it to your inventory permanently, make them rare drops and maybe add one ultra rare drop per map.

5. Remove bars from the fucking windows or at least decrease the number per window.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ugh, yeah...fucking window bars. They basically make the window completely worthless. Sure, I can see you...before you shoot me in the face while I can't shoot back.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Window bars are just a symptom of of the larger problem which is 0 bullet penetration. They need to fix that so badly.

• 1Solidarity

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
My wishlist for this game which I know is a fucking pipe dream of logic that'll never see the light of day.

1. Brighter muzzle flashes.
Unless you have a flash hider/suppressor I should absolutely be able to see you shooting at me, I've died too many times with no idea from where.

2. Scope sway on sniper rifles.
They just keep adding them and they are super easy to score kills with, there needs to be a skill trade off for their power and accuracy. Especially if PU has such a hard on for them.

3. Disable free look in 3rd person mode.
Turning and looking in all directions with no penalty to it is not only unrealistic as shit but stupid. There should be penalties for turning around to check behind you while running through a field. at least limit the distance you can spin around without having to turn your entire character.

4. Remove clothing drops from the game or create some kind of meaningful wardrobe system for them.
There is currently no reason for these drops to be in game taking up valuable loot spawns. Maybe make it where if you pick up the item it adds it to your inventory permanently, make them rare drops and maybe add one ultra rare drop per map.

5. Remove bars from the fucking windows or at least decrease the number per window.

I pretty much disagree with all of these except 5.

1. I have about 30 hours in the game and I can zero in on someone in like 2 shots, and I suck. Brighter muzzle flashes would be super unrealistic and weird looking too unless only SLIGHTLY brighter. If you're relying on muzzle flashes to find people you're probably boned already.

2. It's hard as hell to hit with snipers if the target isn't standing still. Most aren't 1-shot kills either. There's already some sway (that's what holding your breath while scoped offsets), I can't imagine adding more having any effect besides making them worse for new players than they already are

3. Play first person servers. Camera look is pretty much core to third person play

4. Not every house should be filled with useful loot. There's enough loot in the map every game to give 100 people a fighting chance, even with clothes spawning. Can it be hard sometimes? Sure. That's kind of the point of random loot.

5. There's a lot of pseudo-cover that makes firing as the person supposedly in the advantageous spot much worse which is indeed terrible. I don't know how much bullet penetration this game really needs but the bars on the windows need to be toned the hell down for sure. Destructible handrails on stairs and such would be great too.

• 1Picard