PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

xzi

Mouthbreather
Player Unknown must have been stream sniped in college and that's why he's taking such a strong stance against it.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Stream sniping is the same thing as ESP hacking in my mind, just on a more limited scale. It's gaining an unfair advantage that others in the same game don't have. It's also intentional griefing of other players.

I was watching Summit's stream yesterday when it was happening and Apex and his partner were consistently showing up at the same locations that Summit and Shroud were at that it was obvious sniping to the viewers watching their stream. With the information that Bluehole would have about their queuing habits (like entering and dropping until they get into the same game), and how they moved during the games they were in together (like suddenly changing directions when it was clear where Summit and Shroud were heading from watching their streams), they would potentially have very strong circumstantial evidence of the sniping. I would suspect with how close in time several of the games were, that they were even dropping from their current game after successfully killing Summit and Shroud. Blatant griefing like that shit should be stopped.

• 2Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
That's great and all but you literally can't prove it. That other dude most likely was stream sniping sure but you can not prove it. You're banning on word of mouth alone which caused someone not associated with the probable stream sniper get banned for 7 days.

Fadaar

That guy
I've seen some of the streamers respond to things said in chat within a few seconds, so while yeah stream snipers are shitbags they really should delay their shit by at least 10-15 seconds and not the 3-4 I've seen on some.

tera

Lord Nagafen Raider
The consensus is that streamers don't want to delay their feed because their viewers help spot for them...

But yeah, Don't play competitively while streaming... just showcase the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Stream sniping is the same thing as ESP hacking in my mind, just on a more limited scale. It's gaining an unfair advantage that others in the same game don't have. It's also intentional griefing of other players.

I was watching Summit's stream yesterday when it was happening and Apex and his partner were consistently showing up at the same locations that Summit and Shroud were at that it was obvious sniping to the viewers watching their stream. With the information that Bluehole would have about their queuing habits (like entering and dropping until they get into the same game), and how they moved during the games they were in together (like suddenly changing directions when it was clear where Summit and Shroud were heading from watching their streams), they would potentially have very strong circumstantial evidence of the sniping. I would suspect with how close in time several of the games were, that they were even dropping from their current game after successfully killing Summit and Shroud. Blatant griefing like that shit should be stopped.

The general consensus is that Apex was sniping, but Apex wasn't the one banned, some other guy was. Based on reports from Shroud / Summit viewers. There was an official post today about how they "only respond to reports from the offended party" and "if they wrongly ban someone they'll unban if the banned person can provide proof that they were banned unfairly". So according to that theory, one of those streamers went and reported this guy, with hard proof of stream sniping (despite the fact he didn't), within 10-20 minutes, and the admins turned around and banned him instantly, and now he has to PROVE he DIDN'T snipe.

So yea. Another rock on the pile of incompetence and stupidity of PUBG management. The thing about this is it could happen to literally anyone - it's some guy that happened to kill a streamer.

• 1Solidarity

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The consensus is that streamers don't want to delay their feed because their viewers help spot for them...

But yeah, Don't play competitively while streaming... just showcase the game.

So much this. Streamers constantly have chat helping them by spotting stuff and feeding them kills then they cry when they get sniped. In fact they seem to be convinced or use as an excuse the stream sniping boogeyman.

I don't fucking care if someone yells into the mic thanks for broadcasting you got sniped lol. Some of the greatest fun is making someone lose their shit by taunting them. They can comfort themselves with some fucking random dudes $100 donation for being there when they got dumped or whatver fucking sob story these people come up with for donating.

• 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So much this. Streamers constantly have chat helping them by spotting stuff and feeding them kills then they cry when they get sniped. In fact they seem to be convinced or use as an excuse the stream sniping boogeyman.

I don't fucking care if someone yells into the mic thanks for broadcasting you got sniped lol. Some of the greatest fun is making someone lose their shit by taunting them. They can comfort themselves with some fucking random dudes $100 donation for being there when they got dumped or whatver fucking sob story these people come up with for donating.

Someone's not in the slick daddy club.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Wow, so they're using the stream to get an advantage but dont want the disadvantage that comes with it, lol

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

Grimmz gets people banned for "stream sniping" him somehow. How deep does this fuckin rabbit hole go.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yep, rabbit hole goes deep. Unproveable activities outside of the game that we don't like? Get fucked.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yep, rabbit hole goes deep. Unproveable activities outside of the game that we don't like? Get fucked.

They just admitted to being fucking retards. First of all stream sniping isn't fucking cheating. You broadcast your position that is on your dumbass. I would love to have me and my friends go against Summit, Drdisrespect, Lirik and Timthetatman and joining the same time they do to make that happen. Maybe the streamers should grow some fucking balls and stop crying.

• 1Like