PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The test server feels like a completely different game. I wish they would just push it to live now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah, the quality is night and day. I hope they push the newer map more and work on the old one for the next few months or so and make it as amazing.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
The 2 maps play a ton different... its been my experience that positioning matters so much more on desert map than the original.

Cybsled

Tried the test server and was getting some pretty annoying rubberbanding

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
Two chicken dinners solo. Really enjoy this new map!

chicken2.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
not a fan of the new map. this is Vanguard brown all over again. soo many open spaces. Though the plane crashed into the houses is really cool looking.

xzi

Mouthbreather
There's some open spaces but there is an absurd amount of cover compared to the current map imo.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Highly expected to see someone(s) peer out the window with an m416 or a scar-l.
20171211_075843.jpg

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
So my buddies are amped for this game on console, we have played a bit of Fortnite and like it, and this seems like a million times better

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
So my buddies are amped for this game on console, we have played a bit of Fortnite and like it, and this seems like a million times better

Despite being in the same genre Fortnite is a completely different animal than PUBG. I don't know if you will like this or not, but I wouldn't use Fortnite as a measuring stick to see if you would like this.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Despite being in the same genre Fortnite is a completely different animal than PUBG. I don't know if you will like this or not, but I wouldn't use Fortnite as a measuring stick to see if you would like this.

Not in terms of gameplay, but the battle Royale game mode.

They see it as Adult Fortnite. No Building, More Realistic gameplay and gun fighting.

Wrong?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Not in terms of gameplay, but the battle Royale game mode.

They see it as Adult Fortnite. No Building, More Realistic gameplay and gun fighting.

Wrong?

Close. Gunfights are more realistic I guess, but loot RNG is way worse, and often the determining factor if you're going to win or not is the RNG of the final circle. Fortnite allows you to build your own cover especially while moving, so it really helps lessen the RNG. Unfortunately PUBG is heavily RNG at the beginning and ending of the game right now. That said, it is a more tactical and engaging Battle Royale. Getting 3 kills in PUBG is probably equivalent to getting 8+ kills in Fortnite. You really feel you EARNED PUBG kills whereas Fortnite the fights are so short and fast and up close you can get 15+ kills easily without even trying.

Cybsled

Ya, lots of people like the dick measuring stick of kill counts, but in PUBG all that matters are the -right- kills. I'm pretty sure the highest kill count I ever got in a solo win was maybe 4 or 5 tops. The way you win the game is to be the last man standing. I'm the cheap fucker that will camp in a key spot to get some easy loot or wait until 3 people are done shooting each other and I finish off the survivor.

Also, car physics are interesting now. Couple days ago I was racing down a road and a guy unloads on my car. Front tire went out, then my car went into a roll over and I got killed. Puts some interesting strategy in place and prioritizes the wheels on vehicles. On a side note, you can also pop the motorcycle tires now on test.