Playstation 4

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Which part?
The release date. It's "summer" now, most likely early August. The TLoU on PS+ rumors were about the PS3 version anyway, which still seems unlikely to happen imo. People are basing it on what happened with Tomb Raider, but I think there's a huge difference between S-E doing something like that vs. Sony.

Also, putting Knack on PS+ would break their 70+ metacritic score policy. They've only broken it once, and Malicious had a 67 which I guess was 'close enough.' Knack only has a 54, so that would be a lot harder to spin.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Haha, they are so bad at "video games" in general. It's neat that they get to use the shit early though.

spronk

FPS noob
if you have an old 360 or ps3 laying around and you really want a ps4 or xbone, gamestop is giving $100-150 for em when you buy a new ps4/xbone
http://www.gamestop.com/collection/trade-in

the launch editions are giving $100, anything better is giving $150 (wii to Wii U is giving $50). You need the console/drive, controller, controller cable, power cable, and hdmi or other tv cable. You have to do it all in one receipt to get the full $100/150, ie say you want to trade in and also buy a ps4 in one transaction

some people are able to get $125 for rrod/ylod models ($25 refurb fee) but that is very ymmv i think. dont think this applies unfortunately to ps4 preorder, like the destiny model in the fall.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Do you know if the deal applies in any other way? For instance, can I trade in an xbox360 for $150 towards a WiiU?

Slithum

Nil Satis, Nisi Optimum
trade in buy the ps4 take it to the next gamestop store and return that for an wii u

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
if you have an old 360 or ps3 laying around and you really want a ps4 or xbone, gamestop is giving $100-150 for em when you buy a new ps4/xbone
http://www.gamestop.com/collection/trade-in

the launch editions are giving $100, anything better is giving $150 (wii to Wii U is giving $50). You need the console/drive, controller, controller cable, power cable, and hdmi or other tv cable. You have to do it all in one receipt to get the full $100/150, ie say you want to trade in and also buy a ps4 in one transaction

some people are able to get $125 for rrod/ylod models ($25 refurb fee) but that is very ymmv i think. dont think this applies unfortunately to ps4 preorder, like the destiny model in the fall.
I only see that deal towards a PS4, it doesnt mention Xbone on their website.

EDIT: Based on their pricing I assume this deal is what you talking about for the Xbone?

50% Extra Credit When You Trade Any System Towards a New PS4 or Xbox One.
Valid 6/2/14 - 7/13/14

50% Extra Credit: Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer expires 7/13/2014.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'd trade in my PS3 toward one of these deals but having a 1TB drive instead of the stock HDD makes it less valuable to them
frown.png

Crone

I'd trade in my PS3 toward one of these deals but having a 1TB drive instead of the stock HDD makes it less valuable to them
frown.png
Played all the good games on Ps3 already? Trading in a Ps3, if you have a PS Plus subscription seems odd.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I haven't turned it on since buying the next gen consoles, not interested in the older games anymore.

Crone

I need to find some place to buy a cheap Ps3, since I've never owned one, so haven't played any of those games. Also have a bunch of games backing up on my PS Plus subscription that I got just for the free games.

spronk

FPS noob
i bought a used 320gb slim ps3 on cowboom for $100 and it has worked perfectly, finally got it since i felt dumb having 20+ ps+ free games and couldn't do shit with em. get a grade 5 (6 pref) or higher. cowboom = best buy used stuff

amazon warehouse also sells em pretty cheap sometimes, like 500gb bundle ones for ~$175 but they can be really, really tough to find and get snagged fast

kinda disappointed / happy that there were no new ps3 bundles or discounts at e3, probably be one this xmas tho

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I need to find some place to buy a cheap Ps3, since I've never owned one, so haven't played any of those games. Also have a bunch of games backing up on my PS Plus subscription that I got just for the free games.
Totally worth it. My PS3 still gets more game time than my PS4.