Playstation 5

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
What I'm curious about with the PS5 is if the swapping ownership with a friend still works. PS3 and 4 had it. Get a friend to set ownership of your console, and you get theirs. That way you can swap libraries, and also take turns in buying games. In a console life cycle, if there are 20 full price games that you get, 10 each, you both save the cost of the console. More now if they intend to sell full priced games for $70

spronk

FPS noob
yeah it works the same on PS5, the menus are apparently a little different now and its called Console Sharing and Offline Play instead of setting one console as your primary like ps3/ps3. DLCs usually though don't transfer licenses like that.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
also b2g1f valid at target this week, first party Sony games dont work (Demon Souls) but stuff like AC valhalla, Cyberpunk, Yakuza Like a Dragon, Call of Duty, etc work and many are discounted from $60 to $50 (Cyberpunk, Yakuza, AC Valhalla) which brings a $60 launch game down to $35 basically. not bad at all.

full list, has to have the B2G1 promo under it

In theory, factoring out shipping, you could make like $60 a pop by buying 3 games like this and then flipping them for full price. Yakuza is probably the best bet for holding its value. Problem right now is that there are so many sales that the values of these games will drop fast. Can get Cyberpunk for $40 after coupons in some places.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It‘s quiet, cool, and doesn’t draw too much power, doesn‘t seem to support 8K, variable refresh rate or 1440P on a computer monitor.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
No 1440p is a bummer for sure, absolutely zero reason it shouldn't have it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No 1440p is a bummer for sure, absolutely zero reason it shouldn't have it
Especially the part where they make the monitor scale up from 1080p to 1440p instead of downsampling it from 4K to 1440p.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
so

tldr:

xbox is a pc w/ no cool games

ps5 is a mac w/ all the cool games

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
In theory, factoring out shipping, you could make like $60 a pop by buying 3 games like this and then flipping them for full price. Yakuza is probably the best bet for holding its value. Problem right now is that there are so many sales that the values of these games will drop fast. Can get Cyberpunk for $40 after coupons in some places.
You could, but you can also order 3x copies and then immediately cancel 2 of them.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
so

tldr:

xbox is a pc w/ no cool games

ps5 is a mac w/ all the cool games
Xbox has no cool **exclusive** games; anything you can play on xbox, you can play on PC/PS5
PS5 has some exclusive you will be able to play in the future at some point.

I have Godfall coming for the PS5 and AC:Vahalla coming for the XSX for launch titles. Hopefuly I will get a Zen3 and 6800XT for CyberPunk but otherwise I will probably get that for XSX as well.

• 1Like

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Keep in mind there are 2 GamePass catalog of games, one for PC and one for XBOX. Even though Microsoft has stated that all first party titles will be on PC GamePass, the games in each catalog are different. This will be the first year I pick up an XBOX since the 360 and am quite excited for it. Still not quite sold on the PS5 so we'll see as the new year rolls around.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You could, but you can also order 3x copies and then immediately cancel 2 of them.

If that actually works, that's a hell of an oversight.

I might try buying 3 copies of Yakuza at Target, returning two, and seeing if the person at the service desk notices or does anything. In theory it'd take the free one off the transaction first.

Edit: I probably won't but it's a fun thought. I have no problem with people scamming Target, cause they fired me once when I was like 18 because I swore once in the back room in a casual conversation with a buddy. No customers around, co-worker ratted me out. F Target

• 1Like

Crone

I had a moment of weakness today and was waffling between the PS5 and the XSX. With Gamepass, the XSX is pretty nice, however, I remembered recently I bought an Xbox controller and ended up returning it in favor of just dealing with mismatched buttons and using a Ds4. I hated the Xbox controller, and that won't be any different on the XsX. Plus, Gamepass is nice, but I don't play any of the games on it right now, so why would that change by getting a console? It wouldn't.

However, I have a Ps4 library of games, many of which I've never played and will only be better on the Ps5. Had the wife convinced and down with the entire thing, but then she had a second thought, and so now I don't think I'll be getting any of them. Bummer! For now...

spronk

FPS noob
There will be limited quantities of Xbox Series S/X available on Nov 10th, online only at best buy, walmart, target, amazon, etc. Some ship only, some online orders for instore pickup. Same for PS5 on Nov 12th.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If that actually works, that's a hell of an oversight.

I might try buying 3 copies of Yakuza at Target, returning two, and seeing if the person at the service desk notices or does anything. In theory it'd take the free one off the transaction first.

Edit: I probably won't but it's a fun thought. I have no problem with people scamming Target, cause they fired me once when I was like 18 because I swore once in the back room in a casual conversation with a buddy. No customers around, co-worker ratted me out. F Target
IIRC, they just average out the price. If you buy three $60 games, you'll end up paying $40 for the one you keep out of the three.

Crone

How would you get one now anyways?
Like spronk says, there are still some online sales that are going to happen. It's not a huge chance, but there is a chance. With how fast these are going to sell out, I'm really curious if they are planning on putting out any Black Friday deals. I know the deals are happening "all month long" for most of these stores, but still curious what's gonna happen with that.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Keep in mind there are 2 GamePass catalog of games, one for PC and one for XBOX. Even though Microsoft has stated that all first party titles will be on PC GamePass, the games in each catalog are different. This will be the first year I pick up an XBOX since the 360 and am quite excited for it. Still not quite sold on the PS5 so we'll see as the new year rolls around.

This is especially true now that EA Play will be included with Game Pass. No NHL or UFC on PC for example, tho hopefully that's in the cards after they renewed those deals in the last week.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
IIRC, they just average out the price. If you buy three $60 games, you'll end up paying $40 for the one you keep out of the three.
Yeah that’s what it does. Makes Valhalla $33 since it’s only $50 per copy

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
"Horizon Forbidden West is given a fine-print “anticipated second half 2021” designation in the trailer, where others are mentioned as “anticipated first half 2021.”

aaaannnndddd therefore I am okay with waiting for the PS5 until next Fall