Playstation 5

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Question for anyone who has been keeping up on the console wars. Aside from exclusives which system is the better buy?

It definitely looks like the Xbox Series X is the best system to buy if you don’t care about exclusive. It has better hardware, better backward compatibility and Gamepass.

Sony is basically riding on exclusive titles.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
Question for anyone who has been keeping up on the console wars. Aside from exclusives which system is the better buy?

xbox is the better "value" if you factor in paying for gamepass, you get a sheeeiiieeeiieeeit load of games for just the gamepass ultimate sub fee, the xbox is the clearly slightly superior hardware and software technical solution

but PS5 has the best exclusives. xbox literally has basically none right now, while PS5 has Demon Souls, a new spider man expansion (and its a meaty game), a new ratchet and clank soon, Bugsnax will be on PS+, etc.

if you have NOTHING then i think PS5 is best
if you have a decent gaming PC then you probably shouldn't buy either for now, wait until next holiday season
if money is no object get both

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

bytes

Molten Core Raider
PS5 if you're looking for a boldly designed heating solution for your living room.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Xbox. No real question, the system itself is undoubtedly more polished.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
For me it’s a no brainer because all of my friends are on Xbox. But I would second the Game Pass value. MS has purchased a lot of studios and all of those games are included day one on Game Pass, starting with The Medium in December (edit: actually, January). They also do a good job of bringing other quality games to Game Pass, though usually not day one.

Plus, with all of the sales and converting Xbox Live time to Game Pass time, you can pay far less than normal price for Game Pass. I converted 3 years of Xbox Live time to Game Pass Ultimate time for $1. That’s...crazy.

Final note: you can also buy Game Pass time using Microsoft Points. I’ve been farming points lately just by spending 5 or so minutes a day doing their stupid quizzes, searches, etc. for points (usually while doing something else). Theoretically, I’ll never have to pay money for Game Pass time again if I keep that up.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Damn didn't expect that many people reccomend the Xbox. I haven't owned since the 360. As for exclusive titles the only one I want is God of War so that is when I will buy a PS5.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Damn didn't expect that many people reccomend the Xbox. I haven't owned since the 360. As for exclusive titles the only one I want is God of War so that is when I will buy a PS5.
Ps4 was the better option when Xbone and ps4 first came out by a good bit. Hardware was just plain better and $100 less because it wasn’t bundled with a retarded Kinect.

At this point it doesn’t seem like there’s too much of a difference hardware wise, but where there is it seems like Xbox is better. Add that to what appears to be a more finished product and more and better software options (like game pass) at the same price point and there really isn’t much to recommend PS5 for besides the exclusives. It seems like Sony either got delayed quite awhile due to covid, they ran into some issues, or they were just plain not ready but needed to release with the Xbox. I still don’t even think we’ve seen a full UI preview.

• 1Solidarity

joz123

Potato del Grande
Ps4 was the better option when Xbone and ps4 first came out by a good bit. Hardware was just plain better and $100 less because it wasn’t bundled with a retarded Kinect.

At this point it doesn’t seem like there’s too much of a difference hardware wise, but where there is it seems like Xbox is better. Add that to what appears to be a more finished product and more and better software options (like game pass) at the same price point and there really isn’t much to recommend PS5 for besides the exclusives. It seems like Sony either got delayed quite awhile due to covid, they ran into some issues, or they were just plain not ready but needed to release with the Xbox. I still don’t even think we’ve seen a full UI preview.
Hardware doesn't mean shit when PS will always have better games.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It definitely looks like the Xbox Series X is the best system to buy if you don’t care about exclusive. It has better hardware, better backward compatibility and Gamepass.

Sony is basically riding on exclusive titles.
But those exclusives are amazing, and you get several old ones* for free (with the ps+ thing).

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
But those exclusives are amazing, and you get several old ones* for free (with the ps+ thing).

That‘s why I’m getting a PS5 and not an Xbox, doesn’t prevent me from admitting Microsoft has the better system/value.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Those exclusives as of right now are very much wait till end of next year before worrying about so buying x box now seems very much the better spot. By that time, they might have a working SSD slot and better audio

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Shit the fuck up everyone here knows you have enough taco cash to get both like the rest of us.

• 1Mic Drop

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Love you fuckers. I’m going to the comedy club and get some dinner while I wait for this S5 to arrive along with my radio controlled truck and HO train set because radio shack rocks.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
Shit the fuck up everyone here knows you have enough taco cash to get both like the rest of us.
FedEx has my XSX on the way right now, but I’ll buy my first PlayStation at some point this generation too. Heard great things about the PS4 exclusives and I assume that will continue with PS5.

My hope is that MS starts giving Sony a tough fight on the exclusives front with all of its new studios. We all know it won’t be 343, but I have hope for the rest of them.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
FedEx has my XSX on the way right now, but I’ll buy my first PlayStation at some point this generation too. Heard great things about the PS4 exclusives and I assume that will continue with PS5.

My hope is that MS starts giving Sony a tough fight on the exclusives front with all of its new studios. We all know it won’t be 343, but I have hope for the rest of them.
I do too. Because Sony got too comfortable and is shitting the bed. :)

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Comedy time. Bitches. Some dude named Andrew at mall of America bronsons house of comedy.

spronk

FPS noob
also b2g1f valid at target this week, first party Sony games dont work (Demon Souls) but stuff like AC valhalla, Cyberpunk, Yakuza Like a Dragon, Call of Duty, etc work and many are discounted from $60 to $50 (Cyberpunk, Yakuza, AC Valhalla) which brings a $60 launch game down to $35 basically. not bad at all.

full list, has to have the B2G1 promo under it

• 1Like