Playstation 5

spronk

FPS noob
if a $100 (really more like $50 with tax) isn't too much you can buy PS5s at StockX right now for $600 +/- 50, stockx is a shoe ebay kinda site but they have been expanding. Seller sends the item to THEM first, they verify its legit, then they release the funds and send it to YOU (the buyer)

you won't get it for 7-10 days after release tho

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
"Horizon Forbidden West is given a fine-print “anticipated second half 2021” designation in the trailer, where others are mentioned as “anticipated first half 2021.”

aaaannnndddd therefore I am okay with waiting for the PS5 until next Fall
Uh, you are gonna miss out on this masterpiece

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
kids should love bugsnax, i really look forward to playing it. who the fuck doesn't want to control an army of hamburgers eating bugs, and then evolving them ala pokemon

its also free for PS5 if you have PS+

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I really don't think that my kids would like that game. Then again they loved Animal Crossing, so maybe?
My kids are 5, I’m sure they will like it. Just finished up the most recent ratchet and clank and they pester me every day to play it (was actually a really fun game).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I had a moment of weakness today and was waffling between the PS5 and the XSX. With Gamepass, the XSX is pretty nice, however, I remembered recently I bought an Xbox controller and ended up returning it in favor of just dealing with mismatched buttons and using a Ds4. I hated the Xbox controller, and that won't be any different on the XsX. Plus, Gamepass is nice, but I don't play any of the games on it right now, so why would that change by getting a console? It wouldn't.

However, I have a Ps4 library of games, many of which I've never played and will only be better on the Ps5. Had the wife convinced and down with the entire thing, but then she had a second thought, and so now I don't think I'll be getting any of them. Bummer! For now...

If you need any help convincing the wife tell her you work hard in life and we could all bite the bullet tomorrow and it’s very important to live in the moment. When you do this be prepared to all of a sudden go on 12 vacations in the next 4 years and if she likes hiking mountains I recommend against this tactic.

• 1Worf

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Apparently I am getting the Xbox and the Ps5 on the 17th.

I feel kinda dumb, I can’t play both. I have less time then ever but fomo was strong for my favorite hobby.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
PS5 = immersive games
xbox = gamepass machine, let you try out weird ass shit you'd never buy and not feel guilty for uninstalling after 20 mins. Plus maybe some day Bethesda will deliver a good game again

thats my rational

Nester

Vyemm Raider
PS5 = immersive games
xbox = gamepass machine, let you try out weird ass shit you'd never buy and not feel guilty for uninstalling after 20 mins. Plus maybe some day Bethesda will deliver a good game again

thats my rational

That's the plan, my 2 year gamepass deal just ran out so i did it again for 3 years. (paid for 100% with EB game trade dollars)

I got a new PC in April for work from home (its set to game well) so i guess i could have GP'ed with that.

I just broke down and sub'd UPASS for a month to play AC. Fuck waiting all weekend and its a STAT Holiday tomorrow in Canada.

I guess my problem (with my self) is i always play the "deal" game, waiting for sales, buying a ton on black friday, trade deals etc.

This launch i just fucking bulldozed in with a credit card.
Not even sure i want to deal with selling my PRO or Xbox X but i know i should. Was sure i would do the EB games trade deal but that is no longer possible.

Just ranting at my own loss of control over my game spending efficiency. , thanks for reading.
Least my wife is on board "its your main hobby, get the shit you want"

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Apparently I am getting the Xbox and the Ps5 on the 17th.

I feel kinda dumb, I can’t play both. I have less time then ever but fomo was strong for my favorite hobby.
First world problems!

Sell one to someone that missed out.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's the plan, my 2 year gamepass deal just ran out so i did it again for 3 years. (paid for 100% with EB game trade dollars)

I got a new PC in April for work from home (its set to game well) so i guess i could have GP'ed with that.

I just broke down and sub'd UPASS for a month to play AC. Fuck waiting all weekend and its a STAT Holiday tomorrow in Canada.

I guess my problem (with my self) is i always play the "deal" game, waiting for sales, buying a ton on black friday, trade deals etc.

This launch i just fucking bulldozed in with a credit card.
Not even sure i want to deal with selling my PRO or Xbox X but i know i should. Was sure i would do the EB games trade deal but that is no longer possible.

Just ranting at my own loss of control over my game spending efficiency. , thanks for reading.
Least my wife is on board "its your main hobby, get the shit you want"
I typically do the same and in Christmas 2019 I did the same with the ol' credit card. Bought like 12 Ps4 games, and Nintendo Switch with like 5 games? Was insane as I haven't touched most of those games yet here I am trying to buy an Xbox or Ps5. Why? I don't need it. I just want it and that's where my problem is. My hobby isn't necessarily gaming. It's technology. Just saw the Apple Event streamed on Youtube, and now I want a Mac Mini for no other reason than it's cool. Technology hobbies get expensive. Lol

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I'm losing my shit lol, so I get an email from Amazon saying my payment method has an upcoming expiration which might affect my order even though the card I had used has a 2024 expiration date. So I log in to change it just in case, updated delivery date Monday.

I feel like I'm about to get fucking lubed.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I'm losing my shit lol, so I get an email from Amazon saying my payment method has an upcoming expiration which might affect my order even though the card I had used has a 2024 expiration date. So I log in to change it just in case, updated delivery date Monday.

Never change information on cards when you have shipments coming.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Never change information on cards when you have shipments coming.
I wouldn't have if not for that fucking email. Shit hasn't shipped yet so why would it matter? Also why wouldn't the fucking system warn you the shipment date might change?

joz123

Potato del Grande
I wouldn't have if not for that fucking email. Shit hasn't shipped yet so why would it matter? Also why wouldn't the fucking system warn you the shipment date might change?
I did it once on a package and it was delayed 2 weeks so they can "update my account". Good luck getting your PS5 before Thanksgiving.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

You just completely failed. Contact Amazon before you do that kind of stuff. Contact them now and just say you want to reassure it’s ok. Are you sure that email was actually from Amazon?

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
You just completely failed. Contact Amazon before you do that kind of stuff. Contact them now and just say you want to reassure it’s ok. Are you sure that email was actually from Amazon?
Yeah I've contacted them twice, it was a legit email and they couldn't figure out why it was sent. It's cool, I'll just sit here and pity myself for getting fucking screwed by Amazon's automated email scaring me enough to change a valid payment.