Playstation 5

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Neither you or the original poster made any sort of case for why announcing a set release time is better tor business

Not better, not worse - they haven't given it any thought, because again, they don't give a shit about your experience.

Coolblue, the site I mentioned earlier, only communicated 2 days ago that they wouldn't even get 200 consoles, after they had over 80.000 people register as interested.

You think they only knew 2 days ago how many consoles they'd get?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You sign up your information to the online Walmart portion to get the alert/best shot at getting it. I think Punko Punko is right, they’re just trying to get traffic to the site and your data.

Right, but that's all stuff that still happens if they just randomly offer them for sale. Still have to sign up and give all your info to have a chance and get alerts, but have to check a lot more frequently than just once every couple of weeks when you hear they're being put online.

Last edited:
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 1 user

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
1605799583193.png

• 13Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 14 users

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just tried to get a PS5 via walmart. I created my account, entered billing and shipping info ahead of time and sat there refreshing the page on walmart.
It went from no "Add to cart" button to out of stock in one refresh and then it showed them available. I had one in the cart less than 2 seconds after they came up. But I guess they were so slammed that it couldn't get any of my payment or shipping info and I had to enter it all again. I got all the way to the place order button but it errors everytime. I'm guessing they are sold out, but it just doesn't give an actual descriptive error message. If I look it up on the main page again, it says out of stock.

Truly a shit show trying to get one of these without paying $1000.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Just tried to get a PS5 via walmart. I created my account, entered billing and shipping info ahead of time and sat there refreshing the page on walmart.
It went from no "Add to cart" button to out of stock in one refresh and then it showed them available. I had one in the cart less than 2 seconds after they came up. But I guess they were so slammed that it couldn't get any of my payment or shipping info and I had to enter it all again. I got all the way to the place order button but it errors everytime. I'm guessing they are sold out, but it just doesn't give an actual descriptive error message. If I look it up on the main page again, it says out of stock.

Not worth the stress trying to get one right now. I'll just wait till next year when I can walk into a store and buy one.

• 1Like

Gator

Molten Core Raider

Don't feel bad, myself, wife, and a bunch of buddies from work all had the same experience.

IMG-20201119-WA0005.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Then releasing them at random times would accomplish that. Telling people exactly when would do the opposite. If someone hears they're putting them up for sale at noon and they're sold out at 12:05, then they have no reason to check back.
They put them on sale at noon and are sold out at 11:55

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Untitled.png

They didn't ship until release day, I think they went with Pony Express instead of Fed Ex, and then it sat in the back of the store for 8 hours today unable to be picked because some code on the shipping box was wrong, but Walmart did eventually get one thing right.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Trump would have won a second term if he'd have made TSMC build GPU fab plants in America.

spronk

FPS noob
12 months of PS+ for $10.49

must use coupon code PSPSDNOV, must have an account (free signup) to use a coupon. Max 1 code per account, can pay with paypal.

Legit site, I bought a VPN key from them six months ago no problem and just bought 2 years of PS+ (2 accounts) no problem and it added 24 months. On redemption it seems to say 12+3 months but it only seems to add 12.

deal will definitely die asap

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well lots of issues with external drive.

I mentioned before cant move files if connected in the back, it freezes the PS5 and I have unplug it, it works fine when connected in the front.

Ghost of Tsushima gets an error trying to patch on the external drive.

Games play fine though no matter which port the external drive is connected on.

I get an error every time I start the PS5 either from sleep or total shutdown that external drive didn’t turn off properly and that it needs a repair.

I decided to remove it for now, hopefully they’ll patch this. I’ll install the few PS4 games I play on the internal drive for now.

Hopefully they patch this soon.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mine came yesterday (19th) and I decided to keep it. So, I went from an expected 100% profit on the sale price to spending a grand extra on a tv to play it on as well. I probably should have waited for Black Friday but generally over here they just slash the shitty slow moving and obsolete stock and I'm impatient AF.

One thing I couldn't understand, I did the PS4 to PS5 full transfer and it seemed to take hours only to find I had to still download all of the games I had on the PS4 anyway. No idea wtf it took so long.

• 1Worf

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Bandwagon Bandwagon sooo, ole buddy ole pal...how’s the career going? Craving any random fanfic short stories lately? 😂😂

edit; for real though this generation looks pretty awesome and I’m almost most excited for the hype behind the new controllers with the new vibration and texture sensitivity, sounds cool as fuck. Was not a fan of the shape when I first saw it but I’m sure I can get used to it. Trying to figure out what to hold off on to play on the next generation and it seems like Valhalla and Tsushima will be among the last games I have on PS4 and will probably play those on 5 as well.
Sound's like your describing the latest vibrator you ordered.

• 1Worf