Playstation 5

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Has anyone had any problems getting their controller to be identified through the front USB port? I tried repeatedly but nothing; however, when I switched to a USBC-USBC cable the controller was identified no problem. I'm not sure if there is a problem with the port or the supplied cable. I also don't know if this is related to the recharge issues some have encountered. Can you even charge through the USBC port? A little disconcerting but, fuck it, Demon's Souls.
I haven’t had any problem using the supplied cable and whatever port it went into. Identified during setup and charges just fine

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Has anyone had any problems getting their controller to be identified through the front USB port? I tried repeatedly but nothing; however, when I switched to a USBC-USBC cable the controller was identified no problem. I'm not sure if there is a problem with the port or the supplied cable. I also don't know if this is related to the recharge issues some have encountered. Can you even charge through the USBC port? A little disconcerting but, fuck it, Demon's Souls.

other people have said the DS5 wont charge through the USB-C connector on the front of the PS5. I sync'd it for initial setup using the USB-A port on the front during setup (USB-A to USB-C on the DS5 using the cable that was in the box) and now recharge it using the little double charging station thing they sell, I bought an extra controller so I can hotswap if I ever forget to charge.

Battery life kinda sucks, after 4-5 hours I go from 3 bars to 1 bar. I'm not sure how long 1 bar lasts though, one of these days I'll test out full charge to dead controller and see how long it is. I'm mostly only playing PS4 games too so not much haptic stuff going on.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I've encountered a strange issue last night.

When I had configured my PS5 the first I had transferred data from my PS4, the games installed on the PS5 internal drive.

Last night I finally got around to moving them to an external SSD which I had connected in the back to a USB Type A port. The system froze completely twice, I had to unplug it both times to get it responsive again. I decided to connect it to the USB Type C port in front where it worked flawlessly and transferred 450GB or in about 30 minutes or so.

It's playing the games from the external drive fine from the USB Type A ports in the back now with great load times.

I'm not sure why it wouldn't allow me to move them when plugged in to the back port, but plays them fine from there. I wonder if it's a write issue vs read for playing...and if I'll have issue patching those games in the future. Tonight I'll see how it work downloading a game from the store directly to the external drive.

It's annoying though, and will be an issue when/if they allow us to move PS5 games for archive purpose to the external drive.

I can always leave it plugged in front but it's looks stupid. I don't need the port though since I have the charging station.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
We need those SSD's out yesterday. How in the hell are we supposed to manage 5-6 games - external drive sucks.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I've had no problems with the front A-C port/Cable when the system is ON, but in rest mode, it certainly doesn't charge the controller at all, but I've heard the back ports work better, so I'm going to try that tonight.

spronk

FPS noob
plat'd Astro playroom last night, REALLY fun game i had an absolute blast and the time network challenge thing really adds a lot of extra legroom to the game. I think more and more I'm gonna game just on my PS5 this gen and only use my xbox for gamepass. I'm really liking the controllers so far, although the battery life is GARBAGE.

Keeping two controllers with the first party charge station is a must, i can swap anytime between them and Control Freeks (PS4) work just fine on them too.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
plat'd Astro playroom last night, REALLY fun game i had an absolute blast and the time network challenge thing really adds a lot of extra legroom to the game. I think more and more I'm gonna game just on my PS5 this gen and only use my xbox for gamepass. I'm really liking the controllers so far, although the battery life is GARBAGE.

Keeping two controllers with the first party charge station is a must, i can swap anytime between them and Control Freeks (PS4) work just fine on them too.

Can't you charge the 2nd controller on the PS while its running?

spronk

FPS noob
my PS5 is in a video cabinet behind the TV wall so I can't run cables coming out of the console, just have the charging station with 2 controllers near the TV. Since its USB-C recharging isn't a big deal anyways, I've plugged it into a USB battery pack and it recharges off that just fine

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PS5 go on sale tomorrow at Walmart , 3pm ET. Get ready!! (to get nothing because of bots)

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Online availability being pre announced is the worst idea ever. Site will be slammed even without bots.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Picking up my spaceship later today.

Supply in euroland is really hilarious.

Coolblue.be (biggest site in Belgium / Netherlands) reported they had 80.000 requests for the console, and they received 180 consoles.

Mediamarkt (huge company and sony partner) had 2100 consoles for Belgium and Luxemburg. Every single one sold in under 30 minutes.

If 100.000 consoles hit the market in Belgium tomorrow, they'd be sold out before noon. Its not even the holiday season.

Last edited:

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Online availability being pre announced is the worst idea ever. Site will be slammed even without bots.

It helps fuel the artificial demand and lets people think they have a chance even when they really don't. People can't say 'its not available anywhere!!' if you let them put it in their virtual shopping cart once a week or so.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It helps fuel the artificial demand and lets people think they have a chance even when they really don't. People can't say 'its not available anywhere!!' if you let them put it in their virtual shopping cart once a week or so.

That would only make sense if it was Sony. Why would Walmart give a shit about that?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Giving the impression that you have stock will make people visit and register on your site.

Then releasing them at random times would accomplish that. Telling people exactly when would do the opposite. If someone hears they're putting them up for sale at noon and they're sold out at 12:05, then they have no reason to check back.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Then releasing them at random times would accomplish that. Telling people exactly when would do the opposite. If someone hears they're putting them up for sale at noon and they're sold out at 12:05, then they have no reason to check back.

They only need your data once, and prefer you checking their site every few days / weeks.

Please don't be under the impression they give the slightest fuck about your consumer experience.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
They only need your data once, and prefer you checking their site every few days / weeks.

Please don't be under the impression they give the slightest fuck about your consumer experience.

I'm pretty sure they'd rather you check their site multiple times a day, which is what you'd get with sporadic releases.

Neither you or the original poster made any sort of case for why announcing a set release time is better tor business

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm pretty sure they'd rather you check their site multiple times a day, which is what you'd get with sporadic releases.

Neither you or the original poster made any sort of case for why announcing a set release time is better tor business
You sign up your information to the online Walmart portion to get the alert/best shot at getting it. I think Punko Punko is right, they’re just trying to get traffic to the site and your data.

• 1Like