Playstation 5

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How do you sign up for the emails from Direct? I don’t see where to turn on marketing emails on my ps4.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
How do you sign up for the emails from Direct? I don’t see where to turn on marketing emails on my ps4.

Go in to your account settings on the web page and in the notification settings agree to get news, special offers, etc. Not sure how to do it on console.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Finally managed to get my hands on one from Best Buy from their in-store thing. Had to settle for the digital version, but fuck it--beggars and choosers.

• 3Like
  • 2Pathetic
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
1 month of PS+ for $1, new subs only

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Its been almost a year and I still can't get my hands on a ps5.

The shittiest part is that in the past few months I've been headfirst into Dark Souls shit, and now I need to consume more.

Would I be crazy to get a PS4/PS4pro just to play Bloodborne and whatever else PS4 has to offer?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PS4 Pro prices are insane now. Gamestop is back to offering $275 for trade-ins because they can't get them in stock (and they sell them for $400 when they do get one).

That said, Bloodborne is barely improved at all on PS5 compared to PS4 Pro. You're still locked to 1080p30 with bad frame pacing and all the PS5 can really do is prevent the times when the fps would drop all the way to 20-ish. I assume it's due to the fact that Bloodborne never even received a PS4 Pro patch and the only thing you could do for a little more performance was turn on Boost Mode. Even load times aren't great; they're about half as long as a stock Pro's HD but that's still slow as shit when you're used to native PS5 games.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I'd be fucking shocked if Bloodborne doesn't eventually get a ps5 patch or a remaster but who knows.

One of the main improvements to Demon's Souls is the load times. In the past after you die GG you get to wait forever to load and think about your death. Now it's right back into the action. I fucking hated the Bloodborne load times personally.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Is the team who did demon souls working on anything? From will never do anything with it I’m sure so it’s up to Sony to do it with someone else

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is the team who did demon souls working on anything? From will never do anything with it I’m sure so it’s up to Sony to do it with someone else
Sony owns Bloodborne, so From has no say in the matter, afaik.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Its been almost a year and I still can't get my hands on a ps5.

The shittiest part is that in the past few months I've been headfirst into Dark Souls shit, and now I need to consume more.

Would I be crazy to get a PS4/PS4pro just to play Bloodborne and whatever else PS4 has to offer?
Bloodborne is badass but the load times are fucking horrible. That’s the game that made me buy a hybrid drive to save like 5 seconds.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Me being currently stuck at the Nameless King makes me feel like a chump that doesn't deserve to play any other FromSoftware games

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Me being currently stuck at the Nameless King makes me feel like a chump that doesn't deserve to play any other FromSoftware games
I couldn’t remember that fight so I looked it up. I must have missed it in my play through when the game first came out. It looks pretty brutal. So many different moves and move sets. Reminds me of the Valkyrie queen from God of War. I probably spent 4-6 hours total over a few days learning that fight until it finally clicked and I was able to win.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
PS4 Pro prices are insane now. Gamestop is back to offering $275 for trade-ins because they can't get them in stock (and they sell them for $400 when they do get one).

Well fuck, I know what I'm doing with my PS4 Pro now.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Can't find a ps5
PS4 resell prices through the roof
Video cards prices double

Thanks covid

• 2Worf
  • 2Truth!
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 5 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, you can't even order a recertified PS4 Pro off the Sony site, they're out of stock there too.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Well fuck, I know what I'm doing with my PS4 Pro now.
I went and traded mine in on Friday, the $275 is only for store credit and only for pro members though. $250 store credit for non pro members (which means it’s retarded not to just get the $14.99 year of pro if you aren’t already). If you want cash it’s $200/$220. I only paid $320 for mine a few years ago so got most of what I paid back.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users