Playstation 5

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh you can buy PSN cards at GameStop with your console trade I’m credit? Well I’m sold since I buy all my games digitally anyways. I had no idea, thank you. I haven’t been to GameStop in probably 20 years. Now I just need to find time to go before they end the trade in deal.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for the heads up on the console drop today. I swung by a Gamestop during work, got one of the 50 at a really busy location. Figured it would take maybe 20 minutes tops... It took the cashiers fucking an hr to check out the 45 people ahead of me. It took me maybe 2 minutes to check out, so I probably had a lot of poors using 9 different payment options ahead of me. Regardless, thanks for the tip. MLB The Show at 60 fps will make it worth it until the good shit drops.

I have an old Destiny edition PS4, should I sell that shit on eBay or trade it in?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh you can buy PSN cards at GameStop with your console trade I’m credit?
I've heard that's a YMMV thing so you better ask someone at the store if you can do it before trading in. I know it works with normal GameStop gift cards, but I've seen a bunch of people on slickdeals and elsewhere say that they couldn't use trade credit cards to buy PSN/MS/Nintendo/Steam cards.

spronk

FPS noob
also if you've had a PS5 for a while its a good time to swap controllers. Currently gamestop is offering $48 for white DS and $56 for red or black. Its of course $65-70 for a new one, but if you have a kid that has beat yours up its pretty cheap to upgrade. I doubt you'll find anything other than white in store though.

does require pro membership for the bumped values

Vorph

Anyone thinking about modding their controller, only the original BDM-010 (CFI-ZCT1*) model number can do it. Everything on the shelves now (and in new PS5 boxes) is BDM-020.

Referring to this:

I haven't done it to mine yet, they've been promising a version that uses a different type of buttons (Dawn style) which I prefer. Hopefully it'll be available by the end of the year at the latest.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Oh you can buy PSN cards at GameStop with your console trade I’m credit? Well I’m sold since I buy all my games digitally anyways. I had no idea, thank you. I haven’t been to GameStop in probably 20 years. Now I just need to find time to go before they end the trade in deal.

I've heard that's a YMMV thing so you better ask someone at the store if you can do it before trading in. I know it works with normal GameStop gift cards, but I've seen a bunch of people on slickdeals and elsewhere say that they couldn't use trade credit cards to buy PSN/MS/Nintendo/Steam cards.

I used some of my credit to buy a $100 PSN card no problem. They just print a code on your receipt and you redeem it on PSN.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Sony starting a new trials thing... but the 5-6 hour trial time starts when you add it to your library, instead of play time. So download time is counts against it.

Wonder when they'll use streaming for stuff like this as an alternative. I used Gaikai for this purpose, the first game I streamed was Tera, and it was pretty awesome. They don't seem too interested innovating in that space.

Crone

Anyone thinking about modding their controller, only the original BDM-010 (CFI-ZCT1*) model number can do it. Everything on the shelves now (and in new PS5 boxes) is BDM-020.

Referring to this:

I haven't done it to mine yet, they've been promising a version that uses a different type of buttons (Dawn style) which I prefer. Hopefully it'll be available by the end of the year at the latest.
This is always crazy to me, but I guess I'm just not the market they are going for. If I'm going to play console it's to chill, and I'm not a FPS player anyway. So to take the console to this level, it would seem to me, why not just play it on PC? Like if you're gonna take it that far, just go PC, but hey, whatever floats people's boats.

Vorph

This is always crazy to me, but I guess I'm just not the market they are going for. If I'm going to play console it's to chill, and I'm not a FPS player anyway. So to take the console to this level, it would seem to me, why not just play it on PC? Like if you're gonna take it that far, just go PC, but hey, whatever floats people's boats.
I couldn't care less about FPS either. This is for Souls-likes, action games such as Yakuza/Judgment, or anything else that requires you to use face button(s) while also moving the right stick. First thing I do with any of those is map the dodge/roll button to one of the back paddles. The other paddle gets whatever the next most often used face button or dpad function is.

Nearly all my controllers have back buttons or paddles of some sort, so it's really hard to put up with having to use one without them now.

Crone

I couldn't care less about FPS either. This is for Souls-likes, action games such as Yakuza/Judgment, or anything else that requires you to use face button(s) while also moving the right stick. First thing I do with any of those is map the dodge/roll button to one of the back paddles. The other paddle gets whatever the next most often used face button or dpad function is.

Nearly all my controllers have back buttons or paddles of some sort, so it's really hard to put up with having to use one without them now.
yea, there's been some games I've played, RPGs, or shooter lights (State of Decay), where I'm using both sticks to move and then I want to hit more buttons, and I'm like wtf do I do? lol

Doesn't happen very often, so it hasn't been an annoyance, but I see the appeal.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I have 4 PS5 controllers, the oldest I got when I got the console at launch, the others were bought with a few months interval.

They all have stick drift. Its not noticeable in any games, besides in cyberpunk in the stores, where it will keep scrolling on its own. Guess that menu is very sensitive.

Anyway, these controllers suck dick. Not even feminine dick, the full blown Foler kind.

spronk

FPS noob
trade em into gamestop this week while you can still get like $30-40 for em, maybe a few bux less if they stick you with refurb charges. i traded in all my ps4, xbox, and switch extra controllers last week

gamestop will have some xbox series X's oct 7th for sale, dunno in store or online. target should have some PS5s for sale this week i think

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I remember they said they are working on something original in the press release when Sony announced buying them. It didn't specify it being a new IP tho so perhaps a 2 vs a remaster if it is indeed something Bloodborne

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't see BP doing BB2, but a remake of BB1 ala DS? Sure, yes please.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Are there any good racing games for PS5?

Hot wheels and Dirt 5 seem to be pretty good. Depends on what style of racing. Serious sim would be gran turismo. Personally this is where Xbox owns with forza and forza horizon.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Hot wheels and Dirt 5 seem to be pretty good. Depends on what style of racing. Serious sim would be gran turismo. Personally this is where Xbox owns with forza and forza horizon.
Yeah, I was playing Dirt 5 on the new RTX 3050 laptop that's temporarily hooked up to my TV, that's what got me thinking about racing games. I was pissed when I realized Forza was only for Xbox and PC (just another reason to build my TV-PC.) Gonna try the Hot wheels game, saw some good reviews the other day.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Gran Turismo Sport Extreme Deluxe Dom edition or whatever its called ($20 i think?) is pretty good but its way more "car drives in circle" than the kind of whacky adventures of forza horizon.

Ride 4 is supposed to be decent too, although its a motorcycle racing game

Wreckfest is ok

I dunno if you can buy Driveclub anymore or if it runs well on PS5, it was enjoyable