Playstation 5

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, might be a deal-breaker for some, but I didn't mind the Pro thing or the store credit. Pro gets you $5 off a game each month and I figure I use it at least 7-8 out of 12 so it more than pays for itself with that alone. And I've got an OLED Switch preordered there so it'll just go straight onto that in a couple more weeks.

You can probably do better if you want to deal with the hassle of selling it yourself though. I traded my Pro on Thurs night right before closing and they already sold it when I was in there the next morning to pick up Lost Judgment.

spronk

FPS noob
not to make you feel bad but gamestop resets trade promos on sundays, new week and new promo - PS4 Pro and xbox one X currently gets $325 trade credit at GS right now, due to a $50 trade bonus. May change any day.

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
not to make you feel bad but gamestop resets trade promos on sundays, new week and new promo - PS4 Pro and xbox one X currently gets $325 trade credit at GS right now, due to a $50 trade bonus. May change any day.

Goddamn. I'll have to double check and run up there after work if that's the case.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Would be cool if they were making a good Ultimate Alliance for ps5. Not that I have a ps5, but it would make it more enticing. Those were good games, would like to play with my son.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
That is indeed some bullshit, but I’m not going to lose sleep over $50 either. Consider my jimmies minorly rustled.

Vorph

It'd be even cooler if Sony would stop being faggots and just make cloud saves a basic service they provide so that I could stop paying for PS+ that I almost never use for anything else.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Yeah, extra controllers getting $40 is pretty weird when you consider how many times Gamestop has had DS4s on sale for $35 or 40.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I ended up getting $406.60 for the ps4 pro, an extra controller and 5 games. Not bad.
what do you need for that? Power cable, usb cable for the controller, etc? In addition to the PS5 I have for sale (hint) I have a Xbox One X and PS4 Pro that are both just taking up space on the desk behind me. The PS4 Pro I could conceivably use again with the PS VR but the XBX is probably never going to be turned on again. I just need to take a day, organize that and get rid of it, if the market is that good for it.

Vorph

Console
Controller
Power cord
DS4 Charging cable (They don't seem to care if it's the OEM, just any old ~6' USB-A to micro-USB cable.)
HDMI cable (Not sure if they care about OEM here, I never use the HDMI cables that come with consoles so they're just sitting in the box when it's time to trade in.)

They don't care about it being all boxed up nicely either since they're just going to trash the box and repack it in the Gamestop used console box anyway.

Edit: Also, if you had a SSD/SSHD in it and swapped back to the original drive before trading it in, don't mention that. I had an asshole manager try to take $50 off when I traded in my plain PS4 in for a Pro and ended up having to drive to a different Gamestop because someone asked me about the drive and I didn't know I needed to lie about it. That was a few years ago, of course, and maybe they don't care about that anymore but I wouldn't take a chance.

Last edited:

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Are you guys getting cash or store credit at those prices for your old ps4s? I’ve got the destiny white ps4 pro and 2 controllers. Been sitting upstairs collecting dust ever since I got my Ps5. I never ever buy stuff at GameStop though so store credit doesn’t interest me (unless they put it on a gift card I can flip for close to face value)

Vorph

These are store credit + Pro member ($15 annual) prices people are talking about.

If you don't use it immediately on a new system the store credit gets loaded onto a gift card that says "Trade Credit" on it. I'm not sure if it's linked to your GS account/Pro membership or not though. Didn't bother to ask since I'm just using it to pay off my OLED Switch next week.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah cash prices are like 30% less so trade credit is the way to go. If nothing else you can just buy steam/xbox/PSN cards with the money, but trade credit never "expires" and Gamestop has $2 billion cash in the bank so they will be around a while

They are the ones who remade Demon Souls, etc. They are working on a new game, not a port apparently.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
what do you need for that? Power cable, usb cable for the controller, etc? In addition to the PS5 I have for sale (hint) I have a Xbox One X and PS4 Pro that are both just taking up space on the desk behind me. The PS4 Pro I could conceivably use again with the PS VR but the XBX is probably never going to be turned on again. I just need to take a day, organize that and get rid of it, if the market is that good for it.

Vorph had it right. I lost $15 because I didn't bring a HDMI cable and these are Pro member prices for credit instead of cash.