Playstation 5

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm glad it's been slow game wise this year. I've been catching up on the PS5 rereleases. I've knocked down Ghost, Star Wars Souls game so far, and I'm working on Death Stranding now.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Trying to make my way through Lost Judgment but the stuttering movement is annoying. I don't get it in any other games on my PS5.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah end of the day a PS5 is still amazing because of how much better PS4 games play on it. For me its basically just a PS4 Pro Gen 2. Plus with new TV tech its fantastic, I recently upgraded from a 5 year old OLED to a new C1 and 60hz VRR with Dolby Vision/HDR is fantastic and the sets now all have Game Mode which automatically tweak everything to low latency, no post processing. Could also flip to 120hz although I can't imagine why I'd really ever turn that on a console, but my PC could do 120hz VRR with a new GPU.

My backlog of PS4/PS5 mixed games is still huge, all the stuff I wanna buy around black friday with most years the list being near zero

- Death Stranding DC
- Ghost of TsushiMom DC
- Returnal
- Deathloop (bought this week though, $40 at best buy with steelbook)
- Immortal Fenyx
- Watch Dog Legions
- Lost Judgment
- Tales of Arise
- Nier Replicant
- Scarlet Nexus (on gamepass tho I think)
- GTA remaster trilogy, maybe? (how does it play, soundtrack, etc big questions)

it is sad almost none of them (Returnal, Deathloop) are PS5 only games but with how hard it is to get a PS5 I don't really fault devs for going out of their way to target the biggest audience this holiday.

spronk

FPS noob

gamestop will be selling PS5s in select cities today, bundles only (~$750-800), expect a line at every store. I think each store has like 15-20 PS5s?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I recently upgraded from a 5 year old OLED to a new C1 and 60hz VRR with Dolby Vision/HDR is fantastic and the sets now all have Game Mode which automatically tweak everything to low latency, no post processing. Could also flip to 120hz although I can't imagine why I'd really ever turn that on a console, but my PC could do 120hz VRR with a new GPU.
PS5 still has no VRR (or ALLM) support. It can do 4K/120Hz, but only a tiny handful of games support that.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
yeah end of the day a PS5 is still amazing because of how much better PS4 games play on it. For me its basically just a PS4 Pro Gen 2. Plus with new TV tech its fantastic, I recently upgraded from a 5 year old OLED to a new C1 and 60hz VRR with Dolby Vision/HDR is fantastic and the sets now all have Game Mode which automatically tweak everything to low latency, no post processing. Could also flip to 120hz although I can't imagine why I'd really ever turn that on a console, but my PC could do 120hz VRR with a new GPU.

My backlog of PS4/PS5 mixed games is still huge, all the stuff I wanna buy around black friday with most years the list being near zero

- Death Stranding DC
- Ghost of TsushiMom DC
- Returnal
- Deathloop (bought this week though, $40 at best buy with steelbook)
- Immortal Fenyx
- Watch Dog Legions
- Lost Judgment
- Tales of Arise
- Nier Replicant
- Scarlet Nexus (on gamepass tho I think)
- GTA remaster trilogy, maybe? (how does it play, soundtrack, etc big questions)

it is sad almost none of them (Returnal, Deathloop) are PS5 only games but with how hard it is to get a PS5 I don't really fault devs for going out of their way to target the biggest audience this holiday.

I'm way behind on my list as well but started Immortals: Fenyx Rising last night. I knew it had a pretty good review from the thread here but it really has been fun. The MX stuff isn't annoying so I just ignore it. Never played any of the new Zeldas which it seems to be compared to. But having a great time doing normal AssCreed open world puzzles and gathering while progressing a fun story with Zeus and Prometheus. And this is a PS5 thread but it is absolutely making me want to upgrade my 980TI on PC just to see the game perform at higher settings and better frames. Just need to find something in stock.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

gamestop will be selling PS5s in select cities today, bundles only (~$750-800), expect a line at every store. I think each store has like 15-20 PS5s?

Apparently those bundles are comparatively easier to get. I have a neighbor who doesn’t boy who regularly gets them from GameStop for people that ask him too. I didn’t want to pay an extra $300 for stuff I didn’t want in the bundle so I passed. I’m guessing that’s why the botters don’t snatch them up as quickly as non-bundles.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

It would be awesome if most of those cities just saw joggers jog in and steal them, like the countless videos of them stealing clothes and shit.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I'm way behind on my list as well but started Immortals: Fenyx Rising last night. I knew it had a pretty good review from the thread here but it really has been fun. The MX stuff isn't annoying so I just ignore it. Never played any of the new Zeldas which it seems to be compared to. But having a great time doing normal AssCreed open world puzzles and gathering while progressing a fun story with Zeus and Prometheus. And this is a PS5 thread but it is absolutely making me want to upgrade my 980TI on PC just to see the game perform at higher settings and better frames. Just need to find something in stock.
Fenyx is a great game. Platinum'd it and never felt it drag on like the AssCreed's. Stealth attack with the wolf helmet that ups your damage to unharmed dudes is OP.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Fenyx is a great game. Platinum'd it and never felt it drag on like the AssCreed's. Stealth attack with the wolf helmet that ups your damage to unharmed dudes is OP.

Watching the trailer, my SJW alarm is blaring. gIrL PoWEr!!1! cranked up to 11, super cringey. To the point of being openly anti-male, such that she tracks down a couple goddesses, and gods... but the gods are a robot and a chicken? While the goddesses are ... women.

Is the gameplay really good enough to compensate?

• 1Picard

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Watching the trailer, my SJW alarm is blaring. gIrL PoWEr!!1! cranked up to 11, super cringey. To the point of being openly anti-male, such that she tracks down a couple goddesses, and gods... but the gods are a robot and a chicken? While the goddesses are ... women.

There’s no SJW anything really (up to what I’ve seen). You can make a male or female protagonist. Tons of crude humor between Zeus and Prometheus as well. It is all “based” on mythology that has been interpreted by the designers similar to how GoW took liberties, I suppose.

Gameplay wise it is a lot of Assassin’s Creed map area collectible track downs, some Zelda dungeon/platform/puzzle, and a good single player system. The actual thread is more appropriate for this discussion and has more in depth comparisons.

joz123

Potato del Grande

When you first meet the gods they are all in a weird form before you recreate them, even the goddesses. It's definitely worth getting at like 20 bucks when it's on sale.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Weird. Their trailer on the official site must have just been made by some raging woke faggots then.

Might check it out!

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah the gold edition is like $40 on all digital storefronts, cheaper on PC ($15 with uplay connect+ or whatever its called/mo) but I dunno if the season pass stuff is worth it or crap. the base game is just $24 digitally on sale right now, but it'll be the same or cheaper on black friday and xmas. pretty much everyone i know who played Fenyx has liked it, said its a more chill BOTW with goofy Greek mythos in it.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Interesting; Walmart is doing a "hold my spot" on their website. I clicked on the page and it gave me the ability to wait. It says my estimated time is 5 min so I'll let you know.

1635793438313.png

Edit: New message

1635793551423.png

Update: Same message going on 5 minutes

Last edited:

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, I'm in line too. I tried the Walmart app but it kept getting errors. The site worked but I've never had luck with it.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I'm in line too. I tried the Walmart app but it kept getting errors. The site worked but I've never had luck with it.

My message just disappeared and nothing happened. I guess I missed out?

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
My message just disappeared and nothing happened. I guess I missed out?

Not sure, I had two different browsers in line and both are now having a seizure fit of refreshes. Probably fucked.

(edit) yeah, eventually it fixed itself and after checking if I was a robot, No Page Found.

Last edited:
  • 1Like