Playstation 5

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Not sure, I had two different browsers in line and both are now having a seizure fit of refreshes. Probably fucked.
same, and then i got
4e81601cc9c1f2f0f0c47b485bb12931.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
yeah the bots just took up like 95% of the purchases, its gotten pretty silly at this point. this is a single asian person using stellar getting 18 PS5s from Walmart, there are 4-5 bots (+proxy, VPN, drop ship addresses, virtual credit cards) that are sucking up most of the best buy, target, amazon, walmart, and gamestop releases every week now.

the funny thing is the sites keep trying new shit to make it "harder" for bots but in actuality it makes it far easier, since bots can quickly be recoded to adapt while today the site basically shit itself for anyone who was an actual human, lol

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I understand the market demand is through the roof for these I just can’t believe people are still paying scalpers for them.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I understand the market demand is through the roof for these I just can’t believe people are still paying scalpers for them.

This confuses me as well. I have bought every single Playstation since the original on Day 1. I still do not have the PS5, mainly because there is nothing pressing for me to play on it, so I am OK waiting. Unless they release a game that's a must-play, I am going to continue waiting until I can get one of these for the retail price. No way am I gonna pay scalper prices.

So I would have thought by now all the people willing to pay scalper prices would have one by now, leaving only the patient few like myself.....but I guess with the holiday season coming up people are once again willing to pay exhorbitant prices just to make sure they or their kids are get what they want come Xmas.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have no idea how I got picked by Sony to get invited to their PS5 store sale a couple months ago, but I'm pretty happy I did. Still nothing on PS5 that I consider a must play, but Demon Souls and Kena are top notch.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I have no idea how I got picked by Sony to get invited to their PS5 store sale a couple months ago, but I'm pretty happy I did. Still nothing on PS5 that I consider a must play, but Demon Souls and Kena are top notch.
Yeah I was lucky with that as well, also picked up a Series X at Best Buy. Only thing I’ve missed out on is a 3080, was in line at Best Buy but never got to my cart. Certainly can’t complain overall.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I got lucky in that I started following Wario64 for an SNES classic before PS5 came out. Right after the PS5 press conference in September 2020 in which they announced pricing and saying pre-orders start the following day Walmart dropped pre-orders early and Wario64 was tweeting the links. Was easy back then since bots and scalpers were not ready yet.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
the guy who cracked the vita has figured out how to enter debug mode on a retail PS5. probably doesn't mean much for now

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got an email from Sony inviting me to buy a Ps5 tomorrow at 11:00 am PT. Oh, the world we live in now where we get invited to spend money with a company!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Got an email from Sony inviting me to buy a Ps5 tomorrow at 11:00 am PT. Oh, the world we live in now where we get invited to spend money with a company!
It’s just an invite to join a queue too, not guaranteed anything.

They’re inviting us to stand in lines, if you’re lucky you get to give them your money.

Brad2770

If you join the queue on your phone, it might say you’re in queue and your wait is over an hour, but I got offered my PS5 in less than 10 minutes.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Grats man - been contemplating total tech for a 3080 - also have had the ASUS you linked in my cart a few times but didn’t pull the trigger…

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I got a buddy that’ll buy one.
I need to check rl friends first since it's coming up on Christmas. I put total tech on me and gf account for this reason and potential gpus. However the benefit of Apple care coming also is great.