Playstation 5

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Do you think the PS5 shortages will carry into next year? Thinking about trying to get a second one to resale.

I know people that want a PS5 or Xbox/X but are waiting for it to be easy to get one to even attempt it. There is still lots of demand. Plus the scalpers are nuts. They are even scalping the Xbox fridge.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Scalping the fridge is pretty risky because you are paying return freight if you try to return it.

spronk

FPS noob
15k fridges went up and it sold out in under 20 seconds. i saw some bot success discords post hundreds and hundreds of successes, its really nuts

i'd expect the ps5 and xbox shortage to last through all of 2022. switch is much better, its not that hard to get one even the newer oled, but if the rumors are true of a more powerful switch 2 next year, it'll be the same thing again

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
They need to make a law outlawing scalping or purchasing with the intent to resell at a higher price. Obviously there would have to be exceptions for non direct to consumer products or wholesale rates etc, but something needs to be done. They won't do it due to the console shortage or whatever but this scalping nonsense is bleeding into basically everything now

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
They won't ever be able to stop scalping, but some of this should be on the manufacturer to do better. I asked an exec at walmart a few months back why their restock website shit continues to happen instead of letting people get in line to buy and sell direct to them as product arrives. They still make the same exact profit, but the good will they would gain by doing so would be immeasurable.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob

PS5s and xbox's are gonna be extremely difficult to get for the rest of this holiday season, the reseller discord groups (which send the systems overseas) are paying $750-800 now per system and bots are scooping them up. Its a real frenzy in the discord groups I am in. I see pics of people hauling 20-30 PS5s in to drop off at a reseller buyers uHaul dropoff.

If you signed up for Sony direct PS5 - sign up here with your PS+ account Register to buy direct from PlayStation | PS5 restock | PlayStation

then grab it if you get lucky, I suspect PS5s will end up selling for $1k closer to xmas

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I got the ps direct invite. So now I just have to wait until the window they gave me today to click the link?

• 1Like

Ruhl

Boner Donor
Got mine yesterday. Now to decide if i sell it now or wait until closer to the holidays to make maximum profit lol

• 2Pathetic
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 3 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
With how loud my ps4 pro has gotten I am worried I am going to have to end up replacing that before i can get my hands on a ps5. At this point I would rather get a new xbox one over a replacement ps4 pro because it is a much, much superior media playback device. (or was when mine still worked over a year ago) However, due to the number of ps4 games I own, doing that doesn't really make sense because I only want a replacement xbone for the media playback.

First world problems, man. First world problems.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
My Ps5 disc drive is so loud I am pretty much done buying physical sony games.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
My Ps5 disc drive is so loud I am pretty much done buying physical sony games.
If I had to guess I would say that that is intentional. Why? Same reason twitch has ads. To annoy you into paying to remove them, or in the case of ps5 to annoy you into not using discs that can be sold/resold/rereresold as Previously Used without Sony seeing a dime from them.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
They closed the gamestop down in my town as well ! no one to trade my games into. - I guess i am going digital this gen

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The drive is super loud while installing--especially when it's sitting next to a Series X that barely makes any noise--but once that's over I can only think of one game that runs the drive for more than a few seconds at launch. Not sure what the hell P5 Strikers is hitting the disc for when it installs fully just like every other game, but it does. Shouldn't be anything to do with BC, since none of my other PS4 games do it.